It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the MSM be punished for their "election tampering"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
There is no way to deny the MSM was full on for Hillary and the only thing the did that was pro Trump was to give him airtime when he did or said something they deemed "stupid".

Knowing that is 100% factual, isn't that a much more direct influence to the public than Russia releasing leaked DNC e-mails? (If they really did)

Obama has already started down this slippery slope by making this such a yuge deal. I'm not a smart man, but I know what bull# is.

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I have to agree that the MSM was involved in election tampering. The difference between what the MSM did and what the Russians are accused of doing is that the Russians provided the truth and the MSM provided half-truths, mis-truths and un-truths.

I don't think it's possible to punish the MSM via criminal channels; but we the people can and should punish them via our remote and/or keyboard! Better that we starve the beast...

Nor do I think we should punish them criminally, due to the repercussions it would have on our 1st amendment rights. It would be too easy for those in power to abuse the free flow of information based on what they want us to know -- or not know.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Not only that aren't the same people now fully in on the charge to claim they should be arbiters of "fake" news when they were hip deep in generating it?

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

This is always my point when people talk about Russia "tampering"
The MSM did way more than Russia ever could have.
They tried and succeeded, in many cases, to manipulate the public in a shameful attempt to get who the owners of those companies wanted in office.
Not to mention George Soros. He should face more consequences than anyone, really.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

The news is designed to tamper with peoples minds. Way back when they first applied it to broadcasts it was for radio. Joseph Goebbels envisioned an entertainment industry wrapped around the daily propaganda everyone was to receive.

It included sports, drama, comedy, weather, traffic and of course advertising to pay for it all.

Mainly designed however to get the most people possible across the broadest spectrum 'tuned in' the most of the time just to receive the daily Nazi propaganda.

Everyone on the same page yet? You know this because they repeat the same crap over and over for weeks, months, years on end.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Knowing that is 100% factual,

We know nothing of the kind. The media didn't steal DNC emails and post them on WikiLeaks.

In fact, the media gave Donald Trump millions in "free advertising", taking his on air phone calls, reporting on anything and everything he did and said, non-stop, for 18 months. He was entertaining, and no one took him seriously, until the very end, when the "liberal media" started calling him out on lies and asking tough questions, which is what they should have been doing from the start.

Donald Trump owes his win to the "liberal media".

edit on 30-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes they should be. Because they gave him over three billion dollars worth of free air time. Equal airtime should be given to both candidates.

There is no way to deny the MSM was full on for Hillary and the only thing the did that was pro Trump was to give him airtime when he did or said something they deemed "stupid".

Yeah right and I have some oceanfront property for sale in Nevada real cheap.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

And the Trumpkins cry foul anytime somebody suggests that they're authoritarians. Lmao.

"Can we lock up dissidents now? HOW DARE YOU CALL ME AN AUTHORITARIAN! TO THE GULAG WITH YOU!"

Milo obviously was on to something with #DaddyWillSaveUs. Did you think "daddy" was going to make all the politically incorrect members of the media go to forced labor camps?

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Yes they should be. Because they gave him over three billion dollars worth of free air time. Equal airtime should be given to both candidates.

Even if one of the candidates went into hiding for weeks at a time?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Knowing that is 100% factual, isn't that a much more direct influence to the public than Russia releasing leaked DNC e-mails? (If they really did)

Obama has already started down this slippery slope by making this such a yuge deal. I'm not a smart man, but I know what bull# is.

No because they're not represented by a foreign country and are American businesses protected by the Constitution. Might as well chuck this thread in the garbage. Also, the MSM includes Fox News and they were not full on Clinton so your entire OP is awful. Anyone who takes this conversation in a serious direction doesn't deserve the time of day. Clinton lost, move on to making America great.
edit on 30-12-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

The media may not have leaked any emails, but it is confirmed that they colluded with the DNC and the Clinton campaign. Donna Brazille, anyone?

Trump does owe his win the liberal media. The more they misrepresented him, ignored Clinton's avalanche of scandals and dog piled on him at every opportunity... the more the people saw how biased and manipulative they are.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

First point, I completely agree...though Trump did help his media exposure by holding multiple press conferences every day and saying things the politicians aren't normally wont to say...

As for the oceanfront property, I saw a "documentary" called "an inconvenient truth" and it had hockey sticks and all this other cool graph stuff so it had to be true...

Anyhow, I think you will have oceanfront property in Nevada pretty soon according to the narrator of the "documentary"…
He was a really smart guy according to the media..maybe too smart to be president if memory serves...especially considering he was a C+ to B- student in undergrad...I mean, that's smart right??

-Chris

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

There's no "if they really did."
They did. Stop playing stupid you're not.

They have names now.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night.
He was never once misrepresented and the American people proved themselves pretty darn lacking in electing him.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I sincerely doubt the MSM will ever be held accountable, they are far too slippery for that.

They'll word-smith mealy-mouth their way out of any true "punishment"...were one to even be proposed (which I also doubt).

The bigger worry though, IMO, is the issue of this whole "fake news" movement. Now no one knows what news is real and what news isn't, and this is very dangerous territory for a variety of reasons in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Sean Hannity? Lou Dobbs? Tucker Carlson? Everyone at Fox News except Megyn Kelly? Limbaugh, etc? What about Breitbart?

You don't gaf about truth and you certainly don't care about being manipulated. Nobody spoke more lies or half-truths in a microphone this election than the leader of your politicult.

Now you freedom hating authoritarian morons are openly fantasizing about having the state punish members of the media.
edit on 2016-12-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The MSM and Democrats have been exposed more than ever before.

2016 was the best year ever for failure !!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Now you freedom hating authoritarian morons are openly fantasizing about having the state punish members of the media.

Ummmm...yeah, actually!

And furthermore...BOTH sides!

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Can the MSM be punished for their "election tampering"?

Yes.

If people stop watching them and stop talking about them, their ratings will go down and their advertising revenue will dry up, opening doors for alternative news sources.

I don't see that happening any time soon, though.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Sean Hannity? Lou Dobbs? Tucker Carlson? Everyone at Fox News except Megyn Kelly? Limbaugh, etc? What about Breitbart?

You don't gaf about truth and you certainly don't care about being manipulated. Nobody spoke more lies or half-truths in a microphone this election then the leader of your politicult.

Freedom hating conservatives??

Liberals are so weak minded they won't even let us read Huckleberry Finn or to kill a mockingbird…
Take a look at this for a thread to see how your ilk actually feels about freedom...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Y'all offer this preposterous slogan that you are tolerant and freedom loving get your tolerance only extends to those who espouse the same liberal dogma to which you subscribe…
The moment anything not in line with liberal groupthink is spoken yall immediately look to stifle it through bullying and or censorship…

This is a paraphrased version of the progressive ethos:
Silence all who would dissent against liberal dogma…
If you're not tolerant to whom we want you to tolerate then no tolerance to you shall be afforded...

Liberal hypocrisy would be comical were not so tragic…

I'll let you go now, Atlantian...as I'm guessing you have a book burning to attend...
We wouldn't want anyone else's children reading books you liberals find offensive or listening to music which would leave tipper gore aghast...

Thanks progressives for telling me what is and is not news, what is and is not offensive, and what is and is not reality…

I thank God I have progressives to make my life decisions for me…
Oh no, I said God…
Did that trigger you?
I'm sooo sorry…
Let me try again:
I think allah I have progressive to make my life decisions for me..

-Chris

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join