It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Could Have Never Dreamt!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
More blaming the game show host for the script.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Are people truly this completely ignorant to reality, or are they paid to be this dense???

I'm confused.

What part of "not sustainable" did you fail to understand?

It's not that you failed to understand the point, but by how far you failed to understand the point which is truly stunning! (enlightening even)!!

edit on 12/31/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

maniacal narcissistic

Narcissistic isn't exactly the term I would use to describe a stick with it man who has been married to the same lady for 30 years.
edit on 31-12-2016 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
you have to be kidding or very biased. cant wait to see our run with ole donald CUT THE CRAP. OBAMA ACCOMPLISHMENTS

MORE STUFF
edit on 12pm1112America/Chicago3151k by magnetik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Can anyone name a single thing, just one single thing, Obama has done during his tenure as president to help the working man, the working backbone of this nation?

He called Kanye West a "jackass". That's got to count for something.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

GOOD ,so they'll actually get off their butts and HIT us, so we can get this shindig rolling.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

But, but, he's really cool, has a great smile, and is very articulate and professorial..?

Isn't that "Presidential" enough?

Um, what else.... he's very close with people like John Podesta and George Soros and the Clinton people... and he has the guy who owns Besta Pizza as his anti-child sex trafficking section head of the FBI... and he apparently pays big bucks for the very best pizza and hot dogs from Chicago, but without ketchup (that's bad).

He's hip, he's cool, he kinda saunters when he walks with just a touch of jive thrown in for good measure, and he's in very good shape for a President and even a man of his age. Very youthful.

When he tilts his head up high, and accentuates his jawline, his head makes for a great Presidential bust, the kind of thing any good American might want on a pedestal in their home.

What else... sometimes he says crazy things that are intended to be funny but only if you're in on the veiled reference and part of the "club" that he's signalling.

He can dance.

Out of fairness, he did help prevent war with Iran, which would have created WWIII, but seems ok with setting the fuze on it now...

He talks a good game, and played the "role" fairly well.

Bottom line he was always way in over his head, but by staying calm, cool and collected, and getting the Fed to print money like there's no tomorrow, and by appointing all the usual cronies, might have managed to avoid an economic collapse.

I'm sure he's done some good things when he wasn't golfing or just being Presidential.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
you have to be kidding or very biased. cant wait to see our run with ole donald CUT THE CRAP. OBAMA ACCOMPLISHMENTS

MORE STUFF

A good response to the OP. Gotta be fair and balanced. I might have underestimated his accomplishments.

But I stand by his elitism, collectivist philosophy, and other possible shenanigans and skullduggery, as well as a persona that's rather inauthentic and contrived so as to BE "Presidential". He's sure put a lot of energy and focus on that.

Trump on the other hand, might be very greatly inarticulate, but it doesn't matter if he makes the right choices and hires the right people and if he just really TRIES his very best to do what's right.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
I think history will remember Obama as an empty suit that relieved America of Bush and the GOP, but did nothing.

Maybe but I would think if anything he will be remembered as the one who opened the flood gates of both the illegal and the legal immigration into America.

The Obama administration’s refugee resettlement program took off in 2016 with 15,479 Syrian refugees having been admitted to the U.S, a 606% increase from the resettlement numbers of last year.

www.zerohedge.com...

Mex Illegal Deported 19 Times, Rapes 13 Yr Old On Bus

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Why have laws if the government is the biggest offender.. Never mind///// there are laws for us and laws for the well connected, never which shall meet in a court of equal justice for all .

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk Here is my example of the affects the Obama administration has had on me. I worked in the Machine repair field, from a shiet hole heat treat, dangerous as hell over 30 years ago to a good paying union job with free insurance, that was 12 years ago. And yes, I am very thankful for the opportunities I have had to get where I am now, it was a lot of work but you got to pay your dues. We were giving up a little for health insurance each contract till the last one almost 3 years ago ,it is catching up with me right now in 2017. I will be paying very high premiums, not sure of the exact cost because everything is chopped up.
I do know I have a $6000 deductible to pay before I could even get an aspirin, but I am also fortunate to be able to put away pre taxed income to pay for this deductible.
I am not complaining about the income I make, it should be good money but Obama care jacked the costs of insurance through the roof. You shouldn’t have to make $30.00 per hour to keep your head above water.
As far as unemployment goes, yes I said I have a good job that is pretty secure, the company I work for is doing pretty good and we are busy through the slow season, I work for a large brewery, and when people don’t have a job, I have a feeling they tend to drink a bit more. So to make the point,, Thanks Obama you haven’t done a thing to help me out in 8 years except lightening the load in my pockets.
Damn, I can’t wait for something to change
You know I live in Wisconsin, and it was so cold about a week ago ,I saw a democrat with his hands in his own pockets!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Watching his actions is like watching a toddler throw a temper tantrum, except that this toddler has power. Sick, truly, and instead of commenting on his behavior, some are so blind, they'd rather imagine what Trump might do, than look at what O IS doing! It's like watching the children of Hamlin sing as they fall into the ocean and drown. The cognitive dissonance from many is truly astounding. How do people like that function in the real world??

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I think history will remember Obama as an empty suit that relieved America of Bush and the GOP, but did nothing.

Maybe but I would think if anything he will be remembered as the one who opened the flood gates of both the illegal and the legal immigration into America.

The Obama administration’s refugee resettlement program took off in 2016 with 15,479 Syrian refugees having been admitted to the U.S, a 606% increase from the resettlement numbers of last year.

www.zerohedge.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Why have laws if the government is the biggest offender.. Never mind///// there are laws for us and laws for the well connected, never which shall meet in a court of equal justice for all .

A record number of people were "removed" from the U.S. during President Obama's tenure as President.

As of 2015, more than 2.5 million undocumented people had been deported by immigration authorities since President Obama took office in 2009, a total which is indeed record-setting. During the two terms of his predecessor, President George W. Bush, just over 2 million people were deported.
In the 105 years between 1892 and 1997, the U.S. deported 2.1 million people

Come again?
edit on 20Sun, 01 Jan 2017 20:12:21 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I don't live in your country,But that does not mean that your country has not influenced mine.
And in saying that,I do fully understand and related to everything you have written.
A great piece of writing!!!,
And I want you to know that this sort of thing is being implemented in all western countries to some degree.
Believe me I worry too.
Great work,and try not to lose faith that good in the end always comes over evil !!!,

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: 727Sky

www.zerohedge.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A record number of people were "removed" from the U.S. during President Obama's tenure as President.

As of 2015, more than 2.5 million undocumented people had been deported by immigration authorities since President Obama took office in 2009, a total which is indeed record-setting. During the two terms of his predecessor, President George W. Bush, just over 2 million people were deported.
In the 105 years between 1892 and 1997, the U.S. deported 2.1 million people

Come again?

Sorry bud that pig doesn't fly to us high info voters who know the obama administration redefined deportation to include no entry turn aways at the border. Not even good game good effort.

LA Times - High Deportation Numbers are Misleading

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeNutter

Strange how you say:

the Obama administration redefined deportation

...when the article you cite for that says:

Now, the vast majority of border crossers who are apprehended get fingerprinted and formally deported. The change began during the George W. Bush administration

How "high info" are you again?
edit on 3Mon, 02 Jan 2017 03:56:50 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: buster2010

Who's taxes did he lower?? He certainly didn't lower mine!!!

I'm paying more sales tax, more income tax, more property tax, more excise tax, more state and local tax...more taxes than ever before!

WHO'S taxes did he lower????

That's nonsense!

Uh, sales and property tax are not federal taxes. A lot of excise taxes are too, as are some income taxes depending on what state you live in.

As for claiming higher income taxes, these are Federal rates (200-2001 were same, as were '02-03,' 04-05, '06-12, '13-16):
2000: 15% 15% 28% 28% 36%
2002: 10% 15% 27% 27% 35%
2004: 10% 15% 25% 25% 33%
2006: 10% 15% 15% 25% 33%
2013: 10% 15% 15% 25% 39.6%

If true, you make more than $450,000/yr? Not really feeling sorry for you.

My daughter started her first job while the United States, inc. is running under the usurper Obama and his cartel.

I did her simple 1040 for that year and although a full time student eligible for a student credit of over $300.00, she received a letter stating that unfortunately the tax code had changed as of December 31 that year and now to be eligible for that credit you needed to qualify not only under the numerous specifications already in play such as being a full time student, limited income, job, etc..., but must be 25 years old or older.

So with the stroke of the mighty pen, the tax lowering Obama Administration has stolen up to 9 years of a student tax credit my daughter should receive, yet is no longer eligible for.

How is this not the opposite of lowering taxes? It closes loopholes for the middle class, yet not for the corps'.

I know first hand having to creatively show one of my now ex-CPA's who, after attending a presentation on minimizing tax obligations, acknowledged that it was my right and a completely legal application of code as to using some of the loopholes available by the government to minimize taxes using their own forms. (go figure).

Also, when The Affordable Care Act was activated, I had changes to my existing scheduled appointments between myself and my privately paid for and private medical insured care that ultimately caused me suffering and subsequent aggravation to ongoing treatment that brought me close to death and subsequently now I require permanent meds and devices to survive forevermore. This administration is the cause of a life changing past, present and ongoing intrusiveness, with no comfortable procedures, tests, medications, dietary changes, activities, equipment handling and many other demands of me in exclusion of the norm, just to remain here.
Thanks "O"!
edit on 2-1-2017 by imd12c4funn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn
I've never heard of such a thing, and nobody in my family - several who were or still are students throughout the Obama administration - received any letter from anyone about anything related to college tax credits.

Maybe you were scammed by some prank mail?

To the point - what 'stroke of the pen' occurred that caused this alleged reduction in eligibility?
Please be specific as to what law, executive order, or regulation is behind this.

As to the health concerns, sorry to hear that. My family has benefited greatly from the removal of the preexisting conditions clauses, since we have long histories of health problems.
edit on 14Mon, 02 Jan 2017 14:14:15 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Add this to the heap:

More Guantanamo releases likely before January 20: White House

The United States will likely transfer additional prisoners from the U.S. naval facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, before President Barack Obama leaves office, the White House said on Thursday.

"I am not able to speak to any specific detainee transfers between now and Jan. 20 other than to confirm for you that there are likely to be some," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said at a news briefing.

Obama's final push to shrink the inmate population aims to send as many as 19 prisoners to at least four countries, including Italy, Oman and the United Arab Emirates, before Donald Trump is sworn in on Jan. 20. The Republican president-elect has pressed to halt such releases and has vowed to keep Guantanamo open.

On Wednesday, U.S. officials said there were plans to transfer four detainees from Guantanamo to Saudi Arabia within 24 hours.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

The evidence to date does suggest Trump is little more than an actor for higher powers, those who still believe there can be unbridled industrial growth and a tight, controlling grip on the mind of the populace. Technology determined the end of any opportunity for expansion for the true working middle classes, and it doomed any such mass population control. World powers are going to be even more top-heavy with power/greed from here on out -- at least until the last drop of oil/nugget of coal is taken out of the ground and burned up in the atmosphere to $ell for energy.

As far as one thing Obama did...hmmm. IMO he was a bit of a layabout president. Lazy. Still, he pushed for more money for the VA, special programs for homeless vets, more vet centers in rural areas, and streamlined veterans disability claims. Most of his work went against the grain of our Congress, though, so not much accomplished as far as bi-partisan relations to get real work done.

Osama Bin Laden was killed under Obama's administration in retaliation for 9/11, and Obama pushed to join a coalition w/Europe and Arab states to topple Gaddafi and side against Mubarak during the Arab Spring. Personally, I think "kill lists" are horrific and we should stay out of other countries' business, but some might count these acts as coup.

Health Care Reform helped my large family and at least we can get insurance now, although I know it's a problem for many and it's broken plenty of people's bank accounts. Our premiums have only skyrocketed but I know the real reason they continue to rise. I've witnessed first-hand the greed of the insurance companies in legislative testimony and how disenfranchised the consumer is set up to be regardless of the reforms. Congress gutted ACA pretty bad, too, eliminating innocuous things like mandated mammograms for women with genetic cancer risk -- all in the name of partisan politics.

Obama's cut on payroll taxes affected small businesses rather than their employees, but it was another thing on his agenda to be solidified during his administration. He also tripled the size of Americorps, which could be seen as good or bad by either side, but it did create 85,000 jobs across the country.

He pushed for the end of NASA's moon mission (remember when Bush wanted to mine the moon?) and shuttle programs and encouraged the kickoff of mars rover/mission programs.

Developed Recovery.gov to curb spending abuse in the gov. and increase transparency.

Overall, more than one particular thing, I think he got reelected because the *majority* of people were generally satisfied with his performance, and most Americans didn't buy the "Muslim-birther-antichrist-globalist" conspiracy. Most Americans seemed at least complacent with a steady economy and general safety in a world full or terrorist acts/natural disasters. And - there was never a "wild card candidate" like Perot or Trump on the presidential ballot against him.

I'm sure there are a few more things anyone could research. These are a just few of the things that come to mind. I can edit to add sources/links if need be.

As an objective historian, I look at presidents and past presidents as having experiences, contributions, missteps, etc. equally. Obama's tenure might be on a par with the Bush Sr. presidency, which had a few good hits (toppling the Iron Curtain and the ADA for examples) but no defining theme.

The interesting question now is what will Trump do with the position?

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join