It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Could Have Never Dreamt!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Greven

Well, you just argued my very point! Thank you!

I don't see any lower taxes there!! Do you????? Certainly not during Obama's years!!

Obama didn't lower any taxes!!

That was to counter your claim that your taxes all went up. Perhaps you missed that?

As to lowering taxes... Obama vs. Bush: Who’s the Bigger Tax Cutter?

you could be forgiven for guessing that President Bush is the bigger tax cutter. But you’d actually be wrong. By the end of his first term, President Obama will have signed into law a series of tax cuts that, taken together, exceed the value of those signed into law by President Bush.

It's just that these cuts are not direct changes to income bracket rates.
Seek the truth. Although, one thing to keep in mind is that the changes that happened under Bush were set for a long time; the changes under Obama expire more quickly. Over time, the changes under Bush will come out ahead in cutting taxes.
edit on 9Fri, 30 Dec 2016 09:38:20 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I didn't say Obama "raised" taxes, only that he didn't "lower" them.

Re-read what I said.

I said my taxes went up, not my tax "rates" went up. So, the claim that he "lowered" them is false.

ETA...not saying you made the claim he lowered them, but that is why I responded to the other poster the way I did.

edit on 12/30/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Obamamites still triggering at will.

2017 will expose more than ever so get ready.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Fantastic original post!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think history will remember Obama as an empty suit that relieved America of Bush and the GOP, but did nothing.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I guess that depends on what you call a "tax".

The fact that health insurance is now an expense that is mandated by the Federal Government, and the provisions are enforced/penalties are imposed and collected by the IRS, makes ObamaCare a tax program, pure and simple.

So yes, my federal taxes overall have gone up substantially since Mr. Obama was elected.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
While I agree with OP about Obama, the idea that Trump has virtuous intentions is laughable. He's being advised by Cheney, surrounding himself with swamp rats. Get real

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising
While I agree with OP about Obama, the idea that Trump has virtuous intentions is laughable. He's being advised by Cheney, surrounding himself with swamp rats. Get real

And if you follow him on Twitter you'll see that he's an extremely insecure and petulant little boy, who reacts emotionally and without forethought (as evidenced by his frequent re-posting of tweets with glaring errors in them). I for one wouldn't want a president with such serious insecurity issues. Not to mention the narcissism.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

Not sure how to take your post. As stated, my OP wasn't about Trump, but rather Obama.

Trump is an unknown.

Cheney?? Seriously???? Cheney's dead, or close to it. He's not anyone's advisor at this point, nor does he want to be.

Dick Cheney is from my home state. Say what you will about him, but he's "out" (unlike that manipulative Jew, Kissinger, who's 1,000 years old and still trying to make policy).

I'm sure dick cheney is resting at home on some huge ranch in Wyoming...and doesn't give a flying "foo-fah" about any of this!!

I would!!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That's a whole lot of gish gallop to demand others to disprove you!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Obama lowered taxes for the working man?????

How did that happen????

Obama is the President. He does not legislate tax law. He does not lower or raise tax rates in any category of taxation. That function is reserved to Congress.

It amazes me to hear and read so many otherwise intelligent well-educated people attribute changes in the tax code to the President.

It does not work that way in the USA. But, hey, politicians and those who support them like to make that claim though, quite sadly, doing so displays their contempt for the average hard working less educated, less politically astute, citizens of this country.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The answer is, he's a plant by the Globalists. He has been trained to be charismatic, and our people have been trained by television that charisma is the Sh*t. So, they know what everyone flocks to, because of all the sitcoms, romance Novels, Movies, Music Videos etc. Knowing that, they then give you exactly what you want...with a twist of evil. The end result is exactly what THEY want, which is your 'hopelessness', which will inevitably wear you down to submission, as there is not a damn thing that you can do about it...or you would have by now.

Although I am Soooooo glad that Hillary didn't make it as President, but something in the back of my mind keeps nagging me......isn't Trump....exactly what we wanted?
Will this be the "icing on the cake", of Globalist Taunts, against the very "Conspiracy Theorists" that voted Trump in? Meaning, will Trump turn out to be even more evil than the last two....and is he a better actor than Obama and Hillary, both of whom do not have acting experience....Trump does. Would love to hear everyone's opinions on these questions and postulations.
edit on 30-12-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

What's going to be said when the market explodes 10-fold? I'll come back to watch you eat roadkill.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Source

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

Newsmax...seriously?????

LOL!!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Perhaps the theme has been lost here a little bit...

I asked a simple question...which has NOT been answered (by anyone).

Can anyone name a single thing, just one single thing, Obama has done during his tenure as president to help the working man, the working backbone of this nation? And don't say "he created jobs" because that is the most colossal load of absolute putrid GARBAGE ever stated! There are more people out of work in this country than ever before in the history of this republic, and any statistics people can come up with to show otherwise are "cooked" (because they fail to take into account people who have left the workforce altogether out of despair and/or apathy).

It's a SHAME!!!

No one can answer, because there is NO answer...it's a SHAME!!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Oh, I'm sure the Trump haters will be along shortly to spew their delusional nonsense about how Trump is going to be worse, and what an idiot they think he is, but you know what? This isn't about Trump. This is about Obama. This is about Obama and his infantile tirade on this country and the World.

You've got to see the irony of writing a page rant without any substance that accuses those who disagree with you of going on an "infantile tirade." I suppose it's easier to regurgitate the rhetoric by classifying dissenters as "delusional." It means that you don't need to listen or think.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Can anyone name a single thing, just one single thing, Obama has done during his tenure as president to help he working man, the working backbone of this nation?

Ok here's one. He lowered taxes for the working man (Trump wants to raise them btw).

And now, now he wants to throw a temper tantrum because we don't all pray 5 times a day,

And now the Muslim ignorance. How about just once at least one of the idiots who cry this actually prove it.

Ah...was wondering what kind of crap you would spew when you arrived. Who called you over to this thread by the way?

1. Anyhow...I'm a working man and my taxes went up since Obama became President. As did the taxes on both my daughters and my wife. So for my little part of the world, taxes increased for everyone.

2. Muslim ignorance? Interesting phrase. Let just sum this up as Obama's agenda cares more about non-Americans than Americans. He is the ANTI-AMERICAN PRESIDENT. That happens to include Muslims for whom he as a soft spot in his heart and helps them and their dictatorships and their terrorism.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jenkinswasher

What's going to be said when the market explodes 10-fold? I'll come back to watch you eat roadkill.

That would require caring about the truth, being willing to unsubscribe from his religious liberal agenda and purchase his soul back from the far left. This individual wouldn't agree that air exists unless his progressive leaders gave him permission to believe so.

So don't hold your breath.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

To be fair to Barack Obama when he was first elected he came across as something different offering new hope to the world. Unfortunately it's not turned out in the Luke Skywalker style "New Hope" that everyone wanted.

Still he did win a Nobel Prize which is I believe the first time one has been awarded before achieving something.

It is this turning point in history where the achievement of accolades and awards prior to actual accomplishment that planted the seeds of the snowflake generation. Today we are paying the price for that - his one true achievement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join