It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Left a Tough Choice by Obama Sanctions on Russian Hacking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

“This likely will box in the Trump administration, if not legally then certainly politically, because it’s going to be hard for the administration to come in and say on day one all the reports were untrue, the FBI was wrong, the CIA was wrong,” said Eric Lorber, a senior adviser at the Center on Sanctions and Illicit Finance at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies. “It will be difficult for the incoming administration to make that argument to the American people and say the sanctions should be completely done away with."

Obama’s action was the second time in a week that his administration moved forcefully in its final weeks on an issue where Trump has signaled he intends a drastic change in course. The U.S. abstained in the United Nations Security Council, allowing passage of a resolution condemning Israeli settlements. Signaling he’ll make a quick about-face on criticism of Israel, Trump tweeted on Wednesday, “Stay strong Israel, January 20th is fast approaching!”

Trump Left a Tough Choice by Obama Sanctions on Russian Hacking

Does anyone else see a common thread with the two issues mentioned above? The vast majority of the Arab League does not recognize the State of Israel, and I think it's appropriate to call the two sides enemies of each other. Russia is the country leading the fight against Islamic terrorism. Trump is vehemently against Islamic terrorism while being pro-Israel and a proponent of normalization of U.S./Russia relations.

I'm not saying that the apparent link I just described necessarily means anything. I'm not sure that it does.

One thing is for sure, the "it doesn't matter who the POTUS is" crowd doesn't have a leg to stand on anymore. I think it's been so long since we didn't have a puppet in chief that many thought only a puppet could ever become POTUS. It looks to me like that thinking was wrong.
edit on 30-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This is a disgrace and it shows that TPTB are against peace and people! Its all a scam to shackle or make Trumpotus's life difficult and prevent a healthier and positive relationship with Russia. Trump needs to ignore this if he can and steer the path he sees as the most beneficial for mankind.

This whole thing about the Russians interfering is BS. The people voted and they had no influence over that!!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
He is walking out of the White House showing his true colors. How much damage he can do until inauguration remains to be seen. Let's hope he doesn't kill us all

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
LETHAL WEAPON II - DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY- REVOKED

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Nothing that your average egotistical megalomaniac wouldnt do....Unilaterally bringing in a Second Cold War just cause Clinton didnt win to preserve his precious legacy. (what legacy , all bad...)

Megalomaniac

noun noun: megalomaniac; plural noun: megalomaniacs
1. a person who is obsessed with their own power.

Defs per Google Defs

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Americans have become weak. They will soon be owned by their Soviet masters. Trump will make an excellent employee for Mr. Putin.

The ignorant American alt right welcomes the violation of their nation's sovereignty. All hail Putin's United States of Russia.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

They influenced the whole thing.
I do believe that 17 different intelligence agencies said so. Intelligence. Not really something that the PE has or you know, even cares about cuz he's "like" a smart person. Ha ha ha.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I really don't see this as any kind of problem for Trump. He'll do whatever he wants to do and be totally supported by his supporters... and totally vilified by his detractors... same old same old. Trump didn't win playing the political establishment game, and I don't think he's going to start now. This is a slap to the voters as well, especially Trump's voters, and he's going to play to them.

The people know that even if Russia did hack the DNC, and even if they did pass that info on to Wikileaks/Assange to be published -- and the second part is the big "if" -- then the people voted against Hillary because of her dirty deeds and associations revealed... not because the DNC is hacked.

No one said, "Uh oh! The Russians hacked the DNC so now I have to vote for Trump!"

Rather, people said, "Oh no! Hillary is a dirty dog and that's why I'm voting for Trump."

I get the feeling these sanctions are just one step in Obama's end game. Not just for optics. Maybe to disrupt something? Maybe to get a chance to hide something? I don't know. I just don't know what the end game is.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I don't think it's going to be as difficult for Trump as the media is making it out to be.

Obama's little hissy fit is pretty transparent and I don't think anyone cares. Everything he's done over the last month can be undone just as quickly.

And it still cracks me up they are "punishing" Russia for allegedly exposing the fact that Clinton actually influenced the elections.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Doesn't seem that difficult. Obama's destructive executive orders can be revoked at the stroke of a pen. Good riddance to them.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I really don't see this as any kind of problem for Trump. He'll do whatever he wants to do and be totally supported by his supporters... and totally vilified by his detractors... same old same old. Trump didn't win playing the political establishment game, and I don't think he's going to start now. This is a slap to the voters as well, especially Trump's voters, and he's going to play to them.

The people know that even if Russia did hack the DNC, and even if they did pass that info on to Wikileaks/Assange to be published -- and the second part is the big "if" -- then the people voted against Hillary because of her dirty deeds and associations revealed... not because the DNC is hacked.

No one said, "Uh oh! The Russians hacked the DNC so now I have to vote for Trump!"

Rather, people said, "Oh no! Hillary is a dirty dog and that's why I'm voting for Trump."

I get the feeling these sanctions are just one step in Obama's end game. Not just for optics. Maybe to disrupt something? Maybe to get a chance to hide something? I don't know. I just don't know what the end game is.

There is no end game. Russia interfered in the American election. You commit the crime, don't whine when you have to do the time. You people keep saying that because Russia exposed something it excuses their actions. It certainly does not. Russia is a joke. Always has been. That's all there is to it. Expel the bums and move on. Trump wants us to move on right? I agree. Let's appropriately punish them and then we can move on. Hilarious listening to Russia whine over getting caught. That's only the millionth time in history that's happened hahaha.

Here's how pathetic Russia is. They invade a country and take land despite previously giving that land up through a nuclear treaty. All because they're butthurt that the majority of voters in that country, in a free election supported an American friendly political party. America and European allies sanction Russia over the violation of a friendly nation's sovereignty which further depletes Russia's already meager GDP. The Russian response? Ban food imports from the west. How idiotic! The actual outcome of this did not hurt any western economies and caused food prices in Russia to rise to uncomfortable levels. They hurt their own people and don't care. The Russian people know this too, but like Americans, are helpless against their government. The worst part about it all was when Russia trained and supplied civilians with anti air weaponry then they shot down a commercial jet with a cabin full of innocent people then flatout denied it in spite of immense proof that they did it down to the triggermans first and last name. What a bunch of screw ups. You can't fail any harder than that.

Part 2 The mideast

America makes an idiotic move by attempting to seize on the opportunity of civil unrest in Syria. A vain attempt to remove a country from what the American government feels is an alliance of the undemocratic. Another west friendly government. Putin freaks out over the thought of losing yet another ally and begins the proxy war by bombing American armed militias under the guise of fighting ISIS. Russia wasn't even targeting ISIS. They let Raqqa run wild, allowed their supplies to get raided by ISIS, and bombed a city to dust which contained no ISIS fighters. Meanwhile, US is bombing ISIS in their own territory with a high body count against these terrorists. The sad part is that our military, our Air Force is risking themselves to carry out these bombings and the alt right cares little for the efforts and sacrifices of our military if it doesn't support their fantasies. Putin gained nothing in the mideast. He actually wasted a lot of money that his country does not have. They are running out of money in Russia. Soon they will tap into government funds setup for people's pensions to continue their military campaign. Do you think that is sitting well over there? America can just sit and wait until Russia is forced out of the mideast based entirely on economics.

So what's the real endgame? Well Putin lost the Ukraine, massive majority rejected him despite being culturally inseparable (probably still stings), he proved to western militaries that current Russian equipment is of extremely low quality (aircraft failures, unusable aircraft carrier), he wasted a lot of money in the mideast saving a partner that does not benefit the Russian people in the least, he got caught meddling in the elections of the most powerful country in the world, and he has sunk his countries economy while installing old Soviet friends inside his government. I would say the endgame is Putin being removed from power. And the alt right glorifies this pathetic weakling. Putin has no friends except in Iran. Hahahahaha. There's a reason for that. The first world countries don't do business with the weak.

I'm going to hold a seance to invoke the spirit of Reagan. He'd be laughing at Russia if he were still alive.
edit on 30-12-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The only "influence" they may have had, was showing what a lying, corrupt, POS Hillary Clinton is. Nothing we didn't already know really, so......

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Tough choice???

Really...

President Elect Trump will simply request a congressional panel [once inaugurated] and let the hawks in congress dismiss Obamas behavior for what it is: vengeful petulance...

Then u have affirmation of Obamas midnight appointeesque sour grapes along with plausible deniability as related to any connection with Russian interference in our electoral processs..

Problem solved and no conundrum...

This [hopefully] final executive order by Obama to make the transition a tad more confusing/difficult serves as a final reminder of why Obama and his autocratic leftist policies were unequivocally voted down in the 2016 elections…

Thank god he's gone soon and January 20th can't come soon enough…

As for Israel: be patient Hebrews....the cavalry is once again coming to Calvary to help defeat the [radical] Muslim hoardes...

-Chris
edit on 30-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Okay. You don't like Putin. Got it. Whatever. All of which has absolutely nothing to do with the OP... specifically, the "tough choice" Trump is left with.

There is no end game.

Really? So Obama just did it for kicks and giggles? He didn't have any purpose or outcome in mind? Of course not!

Russia interfered in the American election. You commit the crime, don't whine when you have to do the time.

Putin's not whining. As I said, I suspect Putin is getting a good belly laugh out of this lame duck.

You people keep saying that because Russia exposed something it excuses their actions. It certainly does not.

Come on. You can do better than that. I am not "you people" and I never said that. I am saying that hacking does not equal interference. Even if we assumed/believed that Russia hacked and leaked those emails, all they did was provide information. That's not "interfering" in an election. And anyone who would be outraged at an informed voting public, while ignoring and excusing the bad behavior of a presidential candidate and her staff, is a greater enemy to our Republic than the Russians.

When you can show me that the Russians somehow tainted or falsified the election results, then I'll consider that interfering. And I say that as someone who has consistently supported the recounts and a thorough examination/investigation of our election integrity. Let the chips fall where they may. But I want the whole truth... not the manufactured "truth" of political propaganda.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

No they just kept hearing stuff every day. Every day it was nothing but it was constant and for many it was enough to cast doubts.
Trump didn't win because he's better.
And I predict his total and complete failure.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Haha

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Let's totally let them off the hook because YOU, think they did our country a service.

I'm never surprised.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Duh dude. Obama wasn't running .
Ha ha,ha poor thing
edit on 12302016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Boadicea

No they just kept hearing stuff every day. Every day it was nothing but it was constant and for many it was enough to cast doubts.

No? Don't you mean, "Yes, we kept hearing really crappy things about Hillary and her staff, that they didn't want us to know, which was enough to cast doubts even for Democrats who might have otherwise supported her"???

While many are obviously quite willing to play deaf, dumb and blind when it comes to the bad behavior of Hillary et al, and/or make whatever excuses they can think up, not everyone is. Whatever transgressions Russia is guilty of, it does not excuse Hillary's transgressions. Both are responsible for their own actions.

Trump didn't win because he's better.

In your opinion. "Better" is a subjective term.

And I predict his total and complete failure.

Playing the Rush Limbaugh card, eh?

I'm really not sure what "failure" means in this sense. Whatever he accomplishes or doesn't accomplish in office, there will be those who laud him and those who vilify him. "Success" and "failure" are relative terms in politics.

But I'm afraid what you really mean is that you hope for his total and complete failure, no matter who or how many are hurt in the process. Much the same way Obama and his supporters haven't cared for the last eight years who or how many have been hurt by Obama et al's policies... which is why Trump garnered so much support.

Although I didn't vote for Trump, I will hope for the best for everyone, and trust that the checks and balances in place will continue to ensure a president -- even Trump -- cannot do too much damage.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Obama’s action was the second time in a week that his administration moved forcefully in its final weeks on an issue where Trump has signaled he intends a drastic change in course.

I sure see something of note.

The last week has show EVERYONE that Obama never deserved that Nobel PEACE Prize.

God help us all.

God help anyone that gets in the way of his party.

Party above country.

Party above honesty.

Party above integrity.

Party above common decency.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join