It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Gravity Research Could Unearth the True Nature of Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
More & more physicists are now of the belief that gravity and space-time are emergent phenomena of our universe. This article is mind blowing in that it is really about the effort to unify quantum mechanics and general relativity towards a grand unified theory that explains and takes into account true aspects of both.

In order to do that, one must solve the "problem of time". From the article:

In quantum mechanics, time is universal and absolute; its steady ticks dictate the evolving entanglements between particles. But in general relativity (Albert Einstein’s theory of gravity), time is relative and dynamical, a dimension that’s inextricably interwoven with directions x, y and z into a four-dimensional “space-time” fabric. The fabric warps under the weight of matter, causing nearby stuff to fall toward it (this is gravity), and slowing the passage of time relative to clocks far away.

It also brings the "Holographic" universe model into it. A short and incredibly interesting read. Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
More & more physicists are now of the belief that gravity and space-time are emergent phenomena of our universe. This article is mind blowing in that it is really about the effort to unify quantum mechanics and general relativity towards a grand unified theory that explains and takes into account true aspects of both.

In quantum mechanics, time is universal and absolute; its steady ticks dictate the evolving entanglements between particles. But in general relativity (Albert Einstein’s theory of gravity), time is relative and dynamical, a dimension that’s inextricably interwoven with directions x, y and z into a four-dimensional “space-time” fabric. The fabric warps under the weight of matter, causing nearby stuff to fall toward it (this is gravity), and slowing the passage of time relative to clocks far away.

It also brings the "Holographic" universe model into it. A short and incredibly interesting read. Enjoy!

yes...
- problem is, it's all but our present time-dimension of this solarplane, they are studying
so they search but inside a house of Mirrors...

this artificial solarplane reduced timedimension by [as it looks now] a fractal 8
as is our perception of magnitudes reduced to [as it looks now] a fractal 3
hieroglyph UNNUT, "time-dimension"

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: loNeNLI

yes...
- problem is, it's all but our present time-dimension of this solarplane, they are studying

this artificial solarplane reduced timedimension by [as it looks now] a fractal 8

Your response interests me a great deal but I'm afraid I'm finding it difficult to understand.

Can you elaborate a bit?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I am having a hard time understanding. To pose a question, does time slow near Jupiter as Jupiter has a much larger mass and gravity than Earth?

If so wouldn't time travel be possible depending up your location?
edit on 30-12-2016 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Quantam (X) is like religion, it explains everything which cannot be otherwise explained.

Whenever science runs into an intellectual brick wall someone comes up with a "Quantam (insert flavor here)" theory to explain it.

The only rule in quantum mechanics is, the rules can be whatever you want them to be.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Interesting read. It says this:

As I described in an article this week on a new theoretical attempt to explain away dark matter, many leading physicists now consider space-time and gravity to be “emergent” phenomena: Bendy, curvy space-time and the matter within it are a hologram that arises out of a network of entangled qubits (quantum bits of information), much as the three-dimensional environment of a computer game is encoded in the classical bits on a silicon chip. “I think we now understand that space-time really is just a geometrical representation of the entanglement structure of these underlying quantum systems,” said Mark Van Raamsdonk, a theoretical physicist at the University of British Columbia.

So the universe is a quantum computer simulating a quantum code. We may simulate this code when we get quantum computers that are scaled up.

Spacetime looks like an error correcting code that's protecting the quantum code that's being simulated.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: loNeNLI

yes...

Your response interests me a great deal but I'm afraid I'm finding it difficult to understand.

Can you elaborate a bit?

Thanks.

yes love i try - for as far we gathered,
from pyaramid texts, coffin texts and Book of the dead --
...they describe definately that "this earth is in a different place as she was before" ,
having "moved-up North",
they call our earth "[earth] with 2nd sky" [implicating it is NOT the original] ,
and "held in this present place by [their] solarplane"

...i d need you to think of Eden -- even you perhaps dont believe in that ; but then just as hypothesis, okay -- which is a place "south-east of this earth". The 'original place of earth'. They have many glyphs for "the south", SHEMÃ, and they constantly refer to that place.
However - their goal was, to get this earth OUT of "the claws of Eden's realm" [as they name it] , and after Noah's deluge [around 8000BC] this earth moved-up to it's present place ---- héld there, by this solarplane [of them] .

If you look up the Vedic 'churning of the milky ocean', you will see a Pillar, rotated by deities, standing upon a turtle, with anubis/vishnu on top. This rotation is this solarplane, cáusing a different dimension of Time.

...perhaps the right concept for our situation would be "a wheel within a wheel", that is, a Distortion of Time-space, which théy created [after Eden's fall] . Their reason would be, to keep ÚS blind and Dumb, within théir slow-type-matrix, devised for animal-biological life.
And since animal-biological-life is wáy beneath the frequency of "dimensional life",
it is a perfect system for thém to create our Matrix --
while they, themselves, are nót Bound to this matrix [which was the reason, all them pharaohs were Obsessed to spiritual-travel to the places, cities and Fields within their solarplane ; where all the spirits reside ;
who are ALL but using our closed earth-dimensions as a Zoo to feed [energetically] upon.

I know it sounds weird.
I know no-one believes.
But i am 100% sure this is what they tell ---- since i translated them myself. [all the other translations are Off].

so
what we do, is link them to Scripture -- since ancient egypt is Scripture's arch-enemy :
and guess what :
scripture ALSO SAYS, that "Eden is down below" [read, next to earth, in the south]
and a HOST of other lines,
which tell that the concept must be true !

for example -
many scoff, when scripture tells "nor [images] from beneath the earth",
but what she REALLY tells is "..from THE EARTH BELOW ! "
exact what the glyph-Spells state !

...in this situation, they [the Spells] KNOW the difference between 'dimensional Time'
and "this solarplane-earth's-time :
they abhór this time-dimesnision [the quantum article of OP]
since they knów it's False , literally a Beguile :
because of our animal-based bodies [glyph: H'EBST] they created us to live in, after the deluge...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
so, to stay on topic (not that a Mod will think it's irrelevant) ,
this entire "quantum-theory-thing" is all nice,
but does nothing else but * expand our very prison matrix*

...since what they dó - in Truth - is connect to the same Dimension, which created our matrix !
- they can póse it is "scientific" : but it is Sorcery, pur sang.

- them texts dont even wánt to have to do nothing with "this reality" !
since they knéw it was Fake, totally subordinate to can imprison adamite souls WITHIN their physical-animal-body ;
hence théy constantly declare "that théy rule : because théy are spirits".

Several coffinTexts are about this Time-dimension, and Magnitude,
but they are hard to understand [even translated correct] ,
adressing "spirits of 9 cubits" [4,5 mtrs tall] ,
"ears of wheat of adamite of 7 cubites, [turning to earth] becoming [but] 3 cubits" [1,5 mtr] ,
many enigmatic lines --- of which we try grasp whát they try tell ;

...but it is clear that they describe a 'lowering of Time , and of magnitude', wiHIN our present earth matrix ---
therefore it is a sSilly as Ignorant,
to go dabble with "quantum-mechanics-Sorcery",
without having 1 fkn Clue, what one is doing ; lacking [and not caring for !] ány context

thanks
cuddle

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: loNeNLI

Hook me up with your dealer.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: loNeNLI

Hook me up with your dealer.

..i told you no-one believes it love, didn't i ?

This is what they téll.

..and i, like some, are smart enough to listen what they say.

First - cause i Mistrust their entire programmed Circus, today ;
second cause i cáre to understand to get Out of this fkn Matrix.

cheers.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
added -

..if ánything i understood from this their canaanite hyped ' present reality' ,
they do it in order for us to KEEP being imprisoned

by their daily fkn Lies
neverending msm Lies

and he keeps YOU imprisoned in THEIR matrix cause YOU believe THEIR Lies

clear ?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

This article is mind blowing in that it is really about the effort to unify quantum mechanics and general relativity towards a grand unified theory that explains and takes into account true aspects of both.
That's nothing really new. After developing general relativity, Einstein tried to do that but never succeeded, nor has anybody else to the point it's recognized, but the effort continues. Time isn't the only issue with reconciling the disparate theories, but it is an issue as the article says.

originally posted by: Nickn3
I am having a hard time understanding. To pose a question, does time slow near Jupiter as Jupiter has a much larger mass and gravity than Earth?
Time slows a little near Earth, a little more near Jupiter, and a lot near a black hole.

Yes and the astronauts have already traveled in time, though not very much. Sergei Krikalev holds the record:

Cosmonaut Sergei Krikalev, the World’s Most Prolific Time Traveler

cosmonaut Sergei Krivalev has traveled in space – the most of any human with a total time spent in orbit of 803 days 9 hours and 39 minutes – he has actually time-traveled into his own future by 0.02 seconds.

In the Sci-fi tv series "Andromeda" that ship traveled 300 years into the future by being just outside a black hole, which is a theoretical possibility, and obviously is much more significant than Krikalev's 0.02 seconds of travel. There are other theoretical issues though, like radiation levels outside the black hole might be lethal. While time travel into the future appears to be experimentally confirmed, travel into the past may not be possible, though there are some far-fetched possible exceptions like wormholes. The idea of a wormhole isn't that far-fetched but the idea of a stable one that you could travel through and wouldn't kill you probably is.

edit on 20161230 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Time seems to move faster with more gravity, so the bigger the mass of the planet, the faster time would likely go on it.

When astronauts go out into space, they age less than the people on earth -- directly correlating Time with Gravity. The further you go out in orbit, the slower the clocks tick -- not the other way around. Otherwise, Astronauts would age more rapidly the further out they went, and we know this already to be completely false.

In direct conflict with the above poster who says time slows near Earth and Jupiter -- it actually speeds up.

It's my belief that temperature effects time as well. When you freeze something, it stops, when you heat it up, it speeds up. Space is cold, earth is warm. Temperature may have the smallest influence on time, but I'd bet money that time is emergent from gravity:temperature ratio.
edit on 30-12-2016 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime
When astronauts go out into space, they age less than the people on earth -- directly correlating Time with Gravity. The further you go out in orbit, the slower the clocks tick -- not the other way around. Otherwise, Astronauts would age more rapidly the further out they went, and we know this already to be completely false.
It depends on how far out they go. Actually astronauts do age more rapidly the further out they go so that's absolutely true and proven in experiment. You can't find any source saying that's false. In low earth orbit the velocity effects outweigh the gravitational effects, but further out the gravitational effects dominate and time was passing more slowly on Earth than on the moon for the Apollo astronauts because the Earth has more gravity and their velocity wasn't a big factor once they landed.

If you just ride an elevator up and down, time speeds up the higher you go, and slows down the lower you go. NIST has confirmed this in lab experiments with elevation changes of less than 1 meter using very precise clocks.

originally posted by: SRPrime
In direct conflict with the above poster who says time slows near Earth and Jupiter -- it actually speeds up.
Why don't you look it up instead of bragging about being wrong?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 20161230 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I have heard that Jupiter is a lot hotter than Saturn and because of the radiation we cannot currently send manned spacecraft their. Its probable that conditions surrounding a black hole would have levels of radiation well beyond anything
we have yet to observe.

From the link..

The bottom line, in Swingle’s words, is that “somehow, you can emerge time from timeless degrees of freedom using entanglement.”

implied to me is the present.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

In relation to Einstein's position there is an inherency to motion and space where motion is represented by time.

One way of looking at it is that motion is representative upon space and in relation to some other scale.
edit on 30-12-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

new topics

top topics

join