It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockwell Saber Bat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I found interesting picture of Rockwell Saber Bat (Sabrebat ?). Does anybody have some info?

link

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
looks quite old by the state of that pic..reverse wings wree introduced when??

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
looks quite old by the state of that pic..reverse wings wree introduced when??

Germany had a version of the Volksjaeger (however you spell it) that had forward swept wings near the end of WW2. Infact, Germany experiemented a LOT with both forward swept and backward swept wings.

Forward swept wings have been around for a lot longer than you think.

www.vectorsite.net...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
^^^^

Vielen Danken... :enlightened:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That Rockwell design dates from 1977 and was Rockwells bid against a FSW version of the F-16 from GD and what was to become the X-29 from Grumman.

I posted some info on it (probably mainly pictures actually) quite a while ago but I am rubbish at searches on here, if I can find it again I will post a link.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That's an awesome looking aircraft, I guessed it was a 70's design just by looking at it (damn i'm good
)

It ALMOST makes me sad that the Nazi's didn't win when they did, just imagine the technology we would've had, but the majority of us probably would never have been born...

Wouldn't it be cool to go to an alternate dimension to see what the world was like when the germans won? well you would have to learn some good german though!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Even if the Germans had got their new technology deployed and used effectively then they still would have lost as the US was hoping to vaporise their Nazi hides with a certain Atomic weapon. But they defeated them before they had the chance. The Nazi's were also working on an atomic bomb but weren't as advanced (smart idea killing or deporting lots of Jews who could have actually helped them win the war, ironic or what).

As for all the 'wonderful' technology we missed out on thanks to Germany losing the war... do you think it just disappeared? The allies were in a mad grab to get all they could, most of the German scientists (and Japanese as well for that matter) and their creations, data, etc., were shipped back to the US and made to work for the US (or the Russians, British or whoever else happened to get hold of them). So we didn't miss out on anything, in fact we used the technology we already had (the Germans had some interesting stuff, but the allies also had a few secret tricks up their sleeve) and combined it with the German research (and scientists) and if you look at a lot of military developments over the past 50 years, well thats exactly the 'technology we would have had', because we do have it, and in fact its better than the Nazi's could have dreamed.

Sorry for the rant, but idiots who wonder about all the wonderful things Germany could have done if it won, or if the war lasted a bit longer really annoy me with their sheer ignorance of obvious things that stare them in the face.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I find the picture just in this BBS of website by google. And this planeform just is that FSW aircraft which showed in my photo is colorful and side-elevation. So learning English is most important tesk for me!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
is this one belone to Rockwell too?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   

What's this?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well, it doesn't have a tailhook, so it's certainly not going to land or take off from a carrier!

And that seems to be where the Navy deploys most of its fighters.

I think that's just an artist's conception.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
do you mean that just a paint? do you think there was a model of it being?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
trying to play detective a little here but looking at the US insignia on it it would appear to date from around 1972-77 (roughly speaking) and the fin definitely looks like one I have seen before on a 'real' aircraft but I can't think what it is (A-5 Vigilante?). I would guess a North American FSW concept from the very early days of the FSW theory cycle in the US that ultimately led to Grumman getting the contract to build the X-29.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It is full size mockup of Rockwell Sabrebat or Saber Bat. It competed together with Grumman 712 (X-29A) and F-16 FSW in 1986.

www.hitechweb.szm.sk/negativewing2.htm

But I was searching about some additional info.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
No, not the Sabrebat. I was talking about this one;

top topics

join