It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I email with a collegue scientist does that go around the world? big brother is watching?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: BASSPLYR

They might even find the need to step in and tell some folks to back off in some situations.

Sometimes folks are told to back off here at ats because theyre getting a little too close regarding whatever topic.

OP.

Heres my speculation regarding your initial post in this thread.

If your trying to communicate with a nobel prize winner via the internet they will read your emails simply because youre attempting to communicate with a nobel prize winner.

Same goes if you try to start up online communications with guys who are known by the three letter agencies to have privilaged information regarding interests to national and defense security. Send an email to some DARPA guy or try and chat with him online and its going to get read.

If your talking about a subject theyd rather not have you two communicate about your email or PM Might never even make it there and youll just assume youve been blown off.

Sometimes the person does recieve it and thetll watch what the recipient does. Just to see where he stands or if hes trust worthy. Sometimes its prudent for the other person to blow you off as if to say to the "watchers" no worries i wont engage in conversation with this individual regarding this topic im a good boy.

Sometimes the watchers will play the nope game if the email has info theyd rather you didnt share. That PM or email never makes it through to the recipient. Send a follow up message asking about the weather and it goes right through. Its like theyre trying to give you a clue if your astute enough. And the message is dont share this info mmmkay.

Or theyll let you babble in tge communications for a while to look for clues as ti where your sources are. And then go after them. Sometimes it backfires and they find that the person has no sources or connections and is just clever with puzzels. In those scenarios they may use the soft tactics i mentioned earlier.

But if you do write something that catches their interest and it flags you. Im willing to bet they can know exactly who and where you are within a few hours. Post at 8am theyll know your life story bu noon often enough. Maybe even know enough about you to even tell which direction you are facing.

But in essance. Yeah your email will get read if your contacting a nobel prize winner in chemistry. From there bothing may happen as they just were being nosey. But if you value your intellectual property dont send it over the internet. Find a way to meet for lunch or something and discuss verbally your ideas.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: galien8

Yes but what's good for the goose is good for the gander? So how about a bit of fun where you do a bit of surveillance of your own. In this vid a bright Dutch guy figured out how to set up his I phone, by loading "stuff" into the operating system , then trying to get it stolen, then setting up his laptop to do some surveillance. I think it could become an addictive hobby, and might just backfire, to the point where everyone knows everything about everybody. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Sometimes folks are told to back off here at ats because theyre getting a little too close regarding whatever topic.

"Did I do something wrong? Am I in trouble?"

"Nope, but you will be if you say anything else."

With certain people it's probably a more personal reason than anything that has valid legal grounding. For instance, some LEO's from a local police force retaliating against someone and they've gotten in way over their heads and are trying to stay a step ahead of the person they are retaliating against.

Reaching out to people they interact with playing the miseducate game. Telling them they have a history of violence, they are a serial killer, pedophile, narco-terrorist, mobster. They can't actually prove any of it because it's not true, but it's LE so what can you do.

I think it depends upon what that Nobel Prize winner has done in the past. Did they ever work on projects that were classified and the like.

If they did then your communications will be monitored and they would talk to the Prize winner and remind him about his NDA.

Other than that I probably do as Bassplyr said and reach out to him for a meeting and talk to him in person about your idea.

Hate to break it to you though, if you're idea has some kind of military application or is already being worked on it'll be shut down.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: galien8

then trying to get it stolen, then setting up his laptop to do some surveillance. I think it could become an addictive hobby, and might just backfire, to the point where everyone knows everything about everybody. www.youtube.com...

Nice, civilians playing big brother is watching you, I think what that Dutch guy did to the thief is legit, when he does not publish personal stuff of the thief, when he uses it only privately as evidence, but in this video you see and hear photo's locations phone numbers voices etc., man could have bought phone from the real thief, so he has right for privacy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join