It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Callsign Dragon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
F16's vs. dragons. Who would win? Would they give each other a wing waggle and go on their merry way?

Mod Edit: to remove ALL-CAPS from thread title

[edit on 28-1-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Unless the dragon has sidewinder missiles under its wings, I think the F16 win.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
That is like putting a Man with a flamethrower up against a tank.

The dragon unless it could fly at mach speeds, would not have a chance. Although a dragon would own at slower speeds.

Sidewinders and lock-on missles of any type are "cheap". Even in real life. Nothing like killing someone from 30 miles away.

Haha decent pic though

[edit on 28-1-2005 by _BLiND_]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Well dragons are supposedly cold blooded so there would be nothing for the missiles to lock on to. If the F16 had a gun then ill say the f16

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I agree a nice 25mm autocannon with a cyclic rate of 1,000 rpm would make those high speed strafes most effective. And hey if you're a crack bomber some contact fused 500 pound iron bombs maybe.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Originally posted by merka

Well dragons are supposedly cold blooded so there would be nothing for the missiles to lock on to. If the F16 had a gun then ill say the f16

Thank you very much Croat56. I am a little tired of the dragon always getting the "cold shake".
Personally I think the pilots would recognize the dragon as being a friendly creature, and go on with their mission.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
WWWWWAAAAAYYYYYYYYY to much time on your hands GG.
Nice pic though. Did you make it?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Now what kind of dragon are we talking about? If it's a dragon say from Dungeons and Dragons,their magic and can cast spells. So If it is that type of dragon i would put my money on a dragon with a disintegrate spell.

Though if its your regular joe bob fire breathing dragon i would take the f-16.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yes Kidfinger, that is my piccie and I certainly do have too much time on my hands. ( Now trying to get the stupid Styx song out of my head.) Me and my modeling partner will be making an a37 tweety bird, USS Enterprise nuclear powered carrier, and an updated "Seaview" from "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" in the next several months. These will eventuall make their way into more silly pics.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xayden
Now what kind of dragon are we talking about? If it's a dragon say from Dungeons and Dragons,their magic and can cast spells. So If it is that type of dragon i would put my money on a dragon with a disintegrate spell.

Though if its your regular joe bob fire breathing dragon i would take the f-16.

Hey I never played D&D, so I did not know about the spell thing!!!
That opens up a whole new realm of possibilities for dragon based f16 countermeasures.
Thanks Xayden, I could see the dragon seriously kicking some f16 butt with magical countermeasures.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BLiND_
That is like putting a Man with a flamethrower up against a tank.

I'd say more like putting the easter bunny against a tank. Tanks always beat make believe animals. So do F-16's.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I have one word for the dragon in this case...

OWNED!

There's no way it'd be able to move fast enough or manouver quick enough... not to mention it'd be terribly outgunned. AMRAAMs, Sidewinders, JDAMs (in case the dragon lands) not to mention the VULCAN 20mm CANNON! (my favorite little tid-bit)... 6000 rounds per minute

The M61A1 Vulcan cannon is a six-barrel 20mm gun capable of firing 6,000 rounds per minute. Its operation is based upon the principle used in the rapid-firing gun invented by Richard J. Gatling in the 1860s. The six rotating barrels, firing one at a time, permit a high rate of fire while at the same time reducing the problem of barrel wear and heat generation. The gun can be driven electrically, hydraulically, or by a ram-air turbine. In the F16 it is hydraulically driven. The Vulcan has equipped such USAF aircraft as the F-104, F-105B/D/F, F-15, F-16, A-7D, F-111A, F-4E, B-58, and B-52H.
Link for quote

top topics

join