It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The top 10 most outrageous science hoaxes of 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There were quite a few science hoaxes perpetrated on the public in 2016. I really appreciated this compilation as it captures how much 'fake news' and disinformation is out there by supposedly 'reputable sources'. One of the biggest offenders is the agenda driven mainstream media.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Science hoaxes were running rampant throughout 2016, pushed by the fakestream media (CNN, WashPost, NYT, etc.) alongside complicit government organizations working in collusion with dishonest corporations steeped in scientific fraud (Monsanto, Big Pharma, etc.).

2016 saw more science hoaxes than a typical year, with the media placing special emphasis on the Zika virus terror campaign (rooted in total scientific hucksterism) and more climate change propaganda (all based on fraudulently altered data). In every case, those pushing the science frauds claimed to have a divine monopoly on “science” while declaring all opposing views to be “unscientific.”

Top 10 List

Science Hoax #1: “Scientific” political polling

Science Hoax #2: The Zika virus terror campaign

Science Hoax #3: The Flint Michigan lead poisoning cover-up

and 7 more...
edit on 2016/12/29 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

you posted this for the ironic LOLZ - right ?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Why?

You don't think that there was a cover up in Flint or are you just being obtuse?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Sadly, “science” in 2016 functioned more like a priesthood of dogmatists fervently demanding the obedient worship of their unassailable assumptions. On every issue that matters, data were thrown out the window and replaced with fraud. To drive home the fraud, the scientifically illiterate lamestream media catapulted the propaganda to new heights, even while remaining completely oblivious to the laughably false “science” they were promoting.

From your source.

I thought it bore repeating.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Natural News. Nearly as useful a source as BIN, or a Sorcha Faal article.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

So how do we rescue science in 2017? It’s simple: We start using science to tell the truth instead of allowing governments and corporations to use science to lie.

A few fundamental scientific truths I’d like to see finally embraced in 2017 would include:

– Yes, there is extraterrestrial intelligence in the universe.

– Yes, there is (or was) microbial life on Mars.

– Yes, human consciousness is non-material and not located in the physical brain.

– Yes, vaccines cause autism.

– Yes, flu shots still contain mercury.

– Yes, there are many anti-cancer foods that can help prevent cancer.

– Yes, transgenderism is a mental disorder, not a “choice.”

– Yes, glyphosate causes cancer.

– Yes, DEET is toxic to human neurology.

– Yes, genetically engineered crops seeds are a genuine threat to the environment and the food supply.

– Yes, water can retain non-physical properties that subtly alter its interactions with living systems.

– No, carbon dioxide is not the enemy of mankind.

– No, chemotherapy does not “cure” cancer. It often makes it worse.

– No, harvesting organs from living human babies is not “ethical science.”

– No, science journals are not unbiased, objective arbiters of truth.

– No, “scientific” political polls are not reliable. They are bunk.

– No, the “experts” are not as smart as they think they are. Mostly, they’re idiots who have attained high positions of “persistent idiocy” in academia or government, and their job is to protect the idiocy for as long as possible, making sure no one overthrows idiocy with intelligence.

Bolding is mine.
edit on 29-12-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I literally laughed out loud when I read this

In order to poison a million black children with brain-damaging lead, the U.S. EPA masterminded a large-scale science fraud that deliberately altered heavy metals testing results for the Flint, Michigan water supply

Population of Flint, MI is 98,000
I guess they are being proactive?
edit on 29-12-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So how do we rescue science in 2017? It’s simple: We start using science to tell the truth instead of allowing governments and corporations to use science to lie.

A few fundamental scientific truths I’d like to see finally embraced in 2017 would include:

– Yes, human consciousness is non-material and not located in the physical brain.

– Yes, genetically engineered crops seeds are a genuine threat to the environment and the food supply.

– Yes, water can retain non-physical properties that subtly alter its interactions with living systems.

– No, the “experts” are not as smart as they think they are. Mostly, they’re idiots who have attained high positions of “persistent idiocy” in academia or government, and their job is to protect the idiocy for as long as possible, making sure no one overthrows idiocy with intelligence.

Bolding is mine.
Great list, I'd call it a great year just for any 1 of those to happen.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Not sure what the point is though overall it seems political. But I will go with the aspect on climate change since it is in there. Yes, I do think there is scientific deviance on a major scale, and have made many posts in respect of that. It does not mean I would want the like of Trump to postulate, (as he is doing) in his coming position of authority, about climate change without a positive latter note on the why's and wherefores of his position other than he does not agree with it, however Trump has no substance, has not done that and he just waffles about it, as much as he waffles about building a wall..he couldn't build a wall to save his life, someone else might be able though, at a Yuuuge cost, as long as Trump isn't paying for it.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Ohh...Natural News. A hoax in and of itself listing hoaxes. The irony is astounding.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Why?

You don't think that there was a cover up in Flint or are you just being obtuse?

There was a coverup by the local government and then unconvered and reported by every news site and blog imaginable.
edit on 29-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Don't you get tired of calling people obtuse?

You are the most obtuse person on this place mate.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Winner for the best article that should have been in the Onion for 2016 goes to Natural News.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm not going to beat around the bush...your source is horse sh*t

And the ignorance of the person who wrote that wish list is stunning.

Carry on guys. Keep bashing science even though it's science that allows you to live long, have a computer in the palm of your hand, post on forums etc...

And FYI, absolutely no one has ever suggested the scientific establishments and processes are perfect.

So there is some fraud...ok. Well done.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Carry on guys. Keep bashing science even though it's science that allows you to live long, have a computer in the palm of your hand, post on forums etc...

And FYI, absolutely no one has ever suggested the scientific establishments and processes are perfect.

The source , maybe. The message spot on for the most part

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Bolding is mine.

Would it not be great ? But as long as there are pay for play scientists due to astounding (re: unreasonable) amounts of Federal grants going to BS groups , aint gonna happen...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

The source , maybe. The message spot on for the most part

If you like living in complete ignorance, sure.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

The worst part about this is that it is aimed at all the people who would believe it anyway.

Not a single one of those people would dare parse the data themselves.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

You must not realise your "source" only pushes hoax news!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join