It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fired Miami cops joked about using black neighborhoods for target practice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You realize they didn't shoot anyone.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Most reasonable people agree that it is nothing to do with race but poverty.
POVERTY, NOT RACE, TIED TO HIGH CRIME RATES IN URBAN COMMUNITIES.

No one is saying there is a causation but there definitely is a correlation.
edit on 29-12-2016 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

This isn't an invite to argue, debate? Maybe...

A lot of the time these numbers are "fudged" in order to claim more Federal $$$. For instance:

I started to realize this while I was assigned to Patrol working a Black neighborhood. This was back at the start of "The Crack War" when the Urban (Black or 'other'; non-affluent; non-voter
was put into Prison while the sub-Urbanite (White; affluent; voter) received Probation while both parties used the same drug; Cocaine. The only difference being the Urban made even more $$$ at it because they made a smokable form (Crack; Rock) while those in the sub-Urbs used 'whiff' (coc aine hydrochloride-powder)

The folks in the black neighborhoods aren't using "more dope" than in the Suburbs but there are a couple of things to notice:

Folks in these neighborhoods have a lesser tendency to retain Private Counsel. So they are assigned a 'Public Defender' who has another 1,352 cases along with Yours. Then the (s)-suspect is faced w/the scare "You're looking at 15-30 years but if You take a "Plea Deal"... 90%+ of those incarcerated are there on a "Plea Deal"

The amounts being used is smaller in 'The Hood' so more likelihood of getting caught either while selling and/or transporting. Many drug dealers do their business whilst armed. Prior bad acts..

So these arrests are deemed "Successful" and the numbers are then crunched... and massaged and kneaded and spoken about and things are added for/to the "bottom line"

If the numbers are massaged enough then maybe the PD can also get some surplus military veh. to drive in the 4h of July Parade...

If You get a chance try and catch the movie "American Violet"...

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. Did I mention that "Private Prisons/Jails" are also part of the game now??? Private Incarcerations is a $3B/yr. industry so You also need to add that...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yes.
Because I wanted to.

My comment will never change stupid stuff posted here.
I understand this.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Do any of you realize how disproportionately high violence in black neighborhoods is? Could he have been commenting on that undeniable fact? I'm not defending his stupid comment, but lets be real. 6% of the country is committing nearly half the violent crime.

Makes you wonder. When the Obama administration was saying to give isis jobs and that would stop the problem, why don't they think it will work here in our country.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Most reasonable people agree that it is nothing to do with race but poverty.
POVERTY, NOT RACE, TIED TO HIGH CRIME RATES IN URBAN COMMUNITIES.

No one is saying there is a causation but there definitely is a correlation.

I dont think it has to do with race, but you do not see these same proportions of crime in poor white neighborhoods, or poor Asian neighborhoods or any other group for that matter.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

but you do not see these same proportions of crime in poor white neighborhoods

The study is right there disclaiming what you just said! By all means, wrap yourself in ignorance. You like to bring up your crime statistics whenever black people are brought up anyways and wrap yourself in it like blanket.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join