posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:43 PM
I've read a lot of political posts where people are talking about "who would take control" if, if, if.
The problem I see, is that people love to rant without being educated on certain subjects. Especially when bringing up martial law and who would
become president if we the people fight back.
Well, if there wasn't a total annihilation of everyone in government, the list stands as this. It will change come January 20th, and I will come back
and update it if you all want the info to be on ATS.
This list is in order, from top to bottom, of who would take control of the presidency.
1. Vice President - Joe Biden
2. Speaker of the House of Representatives - Paul Ryan
3. President Pro Tempore of the Senate - Orrin Hatch
4. Secretary of State - John Kerry
5. Secretary of the Treasury - Jack Lew
6. Secretary of Defense - Ash Carter
7. Attorney General - Loretta Lynch
8. Secretary of the Interior - Sally Jewell ***Not eligible - Not born a US citizen
9. Secretary of Agriculture - Tom Vilsack
10. Secretary of Commerce - Penny Pritzker
11. Secretary of Labor - Tom Perez
12. Secretary of Health and Human Services - Sylvia Mathews Burwell
13. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development - Julian Castro
14. Secretary of Transportation - Anthony Foxx
15. Secretary of Energy - Ernest Moniz
16. Secretary of Education - John King
17. Secretary of Veteran Affairs - Bob McDonald
18. Secretary of Homeland Security - Jeh Johnson
After these 18 people die, or pass on their obligation, it takes an act of Congress to choose a new president.