It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The degradation of local churches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If we where to look at the model that Christ and the apostles left the Christians in the new testament for how the Church should act and preform and compair that image to what we see today in our local churchs most people that know even a fair porton of the word would be able to clearly see that what we are getting is hardly even what someone should call milk, let alone meat. We need physicians not choir directors or self help coach or how to get your best life now. We need rebuke we need to be reproved we need to repent we need to look our sins face to face and own up to it and if we are really in Christ to change from are old ways. Many of us need real deliverance from demons but in todays days that phrase is seemingly out of date. Christians in america need help we need to return to the roots we find in the gospels and turn away from things and practices that keep us away from what God tpld us to be and to act like and the way to heal others. I just want to say again that when people (of course even professing christians) replace what God can do for what man can do we see hearts hearden we see self rightousness corupt mens hearts and minds we see demonic manifestations increase and people begin to think that the works of there hands really are a substitute for real power, for real change for a real God. And if that has not happened to the majority of this country i dont know whats happining. Think about this, think about what Jesus told us, let us think about the roots and the gospels

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CollectSecretHistory

I have always found it curious that they celebrate the birth at the winter solstice and the Death/Resurrection at the spring solstice or blindly co-opting of obviously pagan practices. Tie with that the continual use of the old Testament when it is very clear the messages are vastly different and it is no wonder to me that the word is lost...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

I have always found it curious that they celebrate the birth at the winter solstice and the Death/Resurrection at the spring solstice or blindly co-opting of obviously pagan practices. Tie with that the continual use of the old Testament when it is very clear the messages are vastly different and it is no wonder to me that the word is lost...
you are right i think that somewhere the true dates where changed for these that go with the pagans dates perhaps somthing to do with the catholic chrurch. It is a sad state of affairs

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You have it all wrong.

Pagan festivals were co-opted and integrated into Christian faith to make the transition into the Christian faith easier for pagans.

IE instead of banning the winter solstice festivities, they said 'don't worship the sun, worship the savior's birth instead.'

It was a clever tactic that clearly worked. It's only those pagans who refused to let go that have kept the knowledge of the significance of the dates alive.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It's easier to read if you cut it up into smaller paragraphs.

I was hoping this was going to be about physical church buildings. Here in Britain the ancient stone churches are skillfully designed and constructed acoustical healing chambers. The addition of seating and other impediments has negatively affected the vibratory healing potential.

I agree about the demons. Some doctors have started treating the voices their patients hear as real entities. This has proved successful in helping drive them out.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

as the earth is at its furthest point from the life giving sun, So was man at his furthest from the Life giving Son that was given.

More than likely he was bodily born sometime between Sept 07th-Oct 21st.

He was one with God in glory since the before the beginning world ((please note I said world not earth.)

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well there is a verse that says that that day of the gathering unto Christ would not come before there was a great falling away first, then the revealing of the son of Perdition be revealed. notice it says first then tells us the son of perdition would be revealed. that is because the gathering takes place between the falling away (we are seeing that today) and the revealing of the man of sin, the incarnation of Satan.

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 Thessalonians 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

edit on 30-12-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join