It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Convincing UFO Footage I Have Seen.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
The cameraman who filmed the object states that the object came to a halt, and then began moving again
I have no reason to disbelieve that what the cameraman has stated is anything but the truth.

To my knowledge meteorites do not stop and start. Unless you can show video evidence of one doing so.

originally posted by: charlyv
The Cameraman had no idea what he was looking at. He saw the object stationary in the sky before it entered the atmosphere, dropping lower and then moving slowly directly toward him. That is what he thought was something coming to a halt. Once it entered the atmosphere, it started to grow a tail and that was when he started seeing it moving. The more it got closer, the faster it started to move until his position became oblique to the object in which it whipped by him at incredible speed. As discussed, it has already been classified a meteor, so it is really a mute point now. Look at the presentation, and you will see what I am talking about. I am glad you brought this up here, however, holding on to a notion that it was anything else but a meteor defies logic and science. If you want to call it a UFO, it is certainly your right to do so.
It's a perfectly logical explanation of how a meteor can appear to stand still, and then accelerate at incredible velocity, but this is just the appearance to the observer, not what the meteor is actually doing, it's actually slowing down from atmospheric drag, even though it looks like it's speeding up, which is a matter of changing perspective.

The concept is like other videos we've seen on ATS where the witness says "I know it wasn't an airplane because it was just hovering, motionless, above the ground, and airplanes don't hover." I think it was Phage who found a longer version of that video showing that the object which appeared to be hovering motionless above the ground was indeed an airplane which demonstrates that people make all kinds of wrong assumptions that what they are looking at excludes certain types of explanations.

Of course airplanes don't really hover motionless above the ground, but they appear to do just that if descending on a glide path toward the observer when it's at a fairly large distance. It's not until the airplane (or meteor in this case) gets closer that you can see the path was only approximately toward the observer and not exactly and then the object appears to accelerate, even if it's actually slowing down. So the witness is telling the truth when they say they see fantastic acceleration, but one would be far too naive about perspective if they assumed that's what actually happens just because that's what the observer sees. In fact the meteor was slowing down when the observer saw it accelerating dramatically so what was happening was exactly the opposite of what was being observed and described.

Here's a video showing the perspective effect with a soccer ball, which is actually slowing down do to gravity but it looks like it's speeding up due to perspective (actual velocity is decreasing but angular motion from the camera's perspective is increasing):

If there were two bolides, I think this provided additional confusion for the observers if they were trying to ascribe everything they saw to a single object.

edit on 201715 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

There is another thread on here about the Chilean Gov releasing UFO vid. The last few mins of that vid the UFO releases a vapor trail too. Kind of similar to this one dating back to 1971!!

Interesting. Nice

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: reboot23
There is another thread on here about the Chilean Gov releasing UFO vid. The last few mins of that vid the UFO releases a vapor trail too. Kind of similar to this one dating back to 1971!!
I saw that but it's definitely not a bolide like this one is according to charlyv. One of the obvious ways they are not similar is we only have seconds of video of this event and the Chili UAP video is over 9 minutes long which among other differences rules out a bolide for the Chili UAP. They did consider that hypothesis in Chili and rejected it, rightfully so.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
A question for those who maintain this footage is of a meteorite.

Why was it not spotted and reported over other locations in the U.K. ?

This footage was filmed over Oxfordshire. I have researched meteorite sightings over The U.K. for 1971. The only sighting for that year was February ( 8 months earlier ) over Leicestershire and Warwickshire which are 80 miles north.

Are you really saying that if this was a meteorite the only people who saw it are the film crew ? Come on.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It wasn't nearly as impressive visually as the Grand Teton fireball. The clues to this are in your thread:

originally posted by: Urantia1111
As presented, indistinguishable from an airplane.

You then proceeded to mention things NOT seen in the film, and were reminded of that.

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

But none of those claims are evident in the video.

Particularly, this one...

"The rate of acceleration was extra ordinary"
I don't really see anything exceptional in the film that's going to generate a lot of reports, in contrast to the grand teton fireball which looks quite exceptional and did generate a lot of reports.

Here's another fireball observed on 10 June 2012 and it was impressive enough to the scientists observing it to write a paper about it but other than the scientists, did anybody else report it? I don't think it was a very impressive fireball. Some are more impressive than others.

An Earth-grazing fireball...observed over Spain on 10 June 2012

Where are the other reports of the one seen over spain in 2012? The lack of such doesn't mean it wasn't an earth-grazing meteor, it just means the event wasn't visually impressive and I don't know how you can read Urantia1111's post and then expect a flood of reports about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join