It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient 'ETERNAL LIFE' bacteria leaves Russian scientist 'ILLNESS-FREE'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: vonclod
..placebo effect?

Well if it is, but yet it affects you in a positive way, then who CARES what it's called. I don't.

Well you should, because there are a lot cheaper and safer ways to experience the placebo effect than injecting yourself with "miracle bacteria".

but......you know what??? I saw a study that determined that when the people are told it is EXPENSIVE , the placebo effect works much better.....the article this thread is about is interesting...I too, wonder did he do bloodwork before and after to catalog a real difference??? worth keeping an eye on....

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
nobody knows why the Placebo/Nocebo does what it does, but ask/think and ye will receive, managing our thinking and we will all become illness free, that's a dave fact (in my head it is anyway, know what i mean

www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yer, I dunno about this. I mean a dude who's fellow countryman concocted Krokodile (?) & this muppet mainlines this gear ? What had all the lightglobes already blown or what ? B/S ???????

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I remember when this article first came out and thought it was very interesting. I research many self-health options as I feel the the establishment is geared towards profiting rather than healing and would totally be wiling to experiment with this bacterium.

"So I bit the bullet, spent a bit of money, not that much really, and to my amazement, it really did have an effect"

Curious, were you referring to using this bacteria or some other self healing protocol. I would like to know if this is something I already know about so shoot me a PM if you would as well! =)

"Truth is stranger than fiction!"

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Did anyone actually read the article and fact check it?

Anatoli Brouchkov, head of the Geocryology Department at Moscow State University

There's no such department at Moscow State University.

Anatoli Brouchkov,

Here's his faculty page at the University

Here's the papers he's written (doesn't have any on longevity)

Not much there on gerontology. Side interest? Yes, but the things he's tweeting on his Twitter account show that he's no microbiologist.

And did anyone check his statement about the Yakut people?

The permafrost is thawing, and I guess these bacteria get into the environment, into the water, so the local population, the Yakut people, in fact, for a long time are getting these cells with water, and even seem to live longer than some other nations. So there was no danger for me.”

Turns out their average age at death is 69 years old - so I don't know what other nations he's comparing them to.

He's a nice man and an enthusiastic guy and he's doing some amazing work on the permafrost.

But he doesn't know much about mortality statistics and as others have said, his claim of "two years without the flu" is overshadowed by a lot of us. I'm about his age, work around kids all the time, and haven't had the flu in ten... eleven years.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: TrueAmerican

So I bit the bullet, spent a bit of money, not that much really, and to my amazement, it really did have an effect

What is it..?

Either penis enlargement cream, or troll pills. What a load of speculative baseless balls.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well, I'm not sure about eternal life, but he may be on to something.

Phage therapy is common in Russia, Georgia and Poland and uses bacteria found in sewage and effluent water. It has been used since WW2 by the Soviets to treat soldiers with dysentry and other bacterial diseases. It is specific in it's target, so it doesn't kill bacteria your body needs.

The western world has been hooked on antibiotics instead and has not embraces phage therapy. Unfortunately, the overusage of antibiotics (which kill good and bad bacteria indiscriminately) has brought about many antibiotic-resistant superbugs.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

That's cool I quess. But! And how are we exactly to measure that it made him illness free? His two years of being flu free and working longer may be do to the fact that he has not put himself in certain conditions were he would be more prone to catching the flu, or not really tiring himself out that much throughout the day.

If wants he could inject himself with polio or HIV see if that makes his theory right and he really is illness free?

Just joking, but really its a bold statement, but one that has not been proved.

And he just may be experiencing two constant years of the placebo effect. It can happen and has been known to happen. In fact the placebo effect is more effective a lot of times then actual medicine.

And if he thinks he is flu free? Has he tried to roll around in his underwear in the middle of winter for a few hours in the snow making snow angels? I would be more impressed if he actually had some sort of prof and could show it to that whole Illness free claim.

But it may make and set a bad precedent for people. You know getting bit by radioactive spiders in comics sometimes gives you superpowers. Getting bit by radioactive spiders in real life may give you a bit of the cancer and a bad case of diarrhea.

But hey! People should be careful what they ingest or inject themselves with. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
What a load of speculative baseless balls.

Which is the exact reason I will not tell a single soul, save a couple of my close friends. I'm not going to endure the ridicule, and will end up getting myself banned when I lose it over some stupid ass comment like that. There you sit with your obnoxious judgement, high on your horse of illusion, while here I sit after 20 years of experience using "it", and more than content with "its" performance. In fact, I am flabbergasted actually at "its" performance. So you go right ahead and believe what you want. I don't fricken give a flip.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Balzar007
I remember when this article first came out and thought it was very interesting. I research many self-health options as I feel the the establishment is geared towards profiting rather than healing and would totally be wiling to experiment with this bacterium.

"So I bit the bullet, spent a bit of money, not that much really, and to my amazement, it really did have an effect"

Curious, were you referring to using this bacteria or some other self healing protocol. I would like to know if this is something I already know about so shoot me a PM if you would as well! =)

"Truth is stranger than fiction!"

not this bacteria, he was talking about something health related that he purchased 20 ears ago that was thought to be nonsense but he said it worked for him

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: misnomer68
Well, I'm not sure about eternal life, but he may be on to something.

Phage therapy is common in Russia, Georgia and Poland and uses bacteria found in sewage and effluent water. It has been used since WW2 by the Soviets to treat soldiers with dysentry and other bacterial diseases. It is specific in it's target, so it doesn't kill bacteria your body needs.

The western world has been hooked on antibiotics instead and has not embraces phage therapy. Unfortunately, the overusage of antibiotics (which kill good and bad bacteria indiscriminately) has brought about many antibiotic-resistant superbugs.

Sorry but your post is misleading because Bacteriophages are not bacteria. but you may have given me an interesting area to investigate for which you have my thanks. and a star!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: becomingaware
Well, Penicillin is derived from bacteria, a fungus. Mycelium is the largest living organism is the world and when certain strains flower they demonstrate a lot of benefits not normally accepted in western medicine.

Psilocybe cubensis is being studied more in depth currently to alleviate depression and anxiety, when a lot of us have known its benefits for a while now.

Some believe that "Mana", mentioned in many ancient cultures is actually a mushroom. Mycology is a hobby of mine but I don't have any background in it, just a general belief that nature provides us with everything we need to live a better life.
psilocybin is a partner in life. It heals dumb.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Sounds like a Stephen King story I read, where every one was healthy from some water in a certain area due to minerals or bacteria, scientists messed with it and everyone got super alzeihmers.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Then what's this?

Geocryology

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Byrd

Then what's this?

Geocryology

And this...

moscowstate.academia.edu...

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

Well, technically a bacteriophage is a virus that infects bacteria.

Thanks for helping me clarify.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Dumb is forever. Mushrooms heal 'sober'

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
There is potential,
Dont go burying your head.
For time will tell,
That is all that need be said.

Peace & Love

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

A RUSSIAN scientist has injected himself with 3.5million-year-old “eternal life” bacteria extracted from the Siberian permafrost – and now claims to be stronger and free from illness.

So The Fountain became reality ^^ Awesome

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join