It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested Demanded That McDonald's Workers Turn Off "Christian Music" Playing In Eatery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Woodcarver

I think it is safe to say that the majority if citizens identify with Judeo Christian beliefs.

Of course we don't have a national religion. Splitting hairs is fun though.
I don't think that is accurate at all. Most christians don't even accept most judeo-christian beliefs. When is the last time you stoned a gay person to death?

Ok that's a good thing is it not?? Christians are seeing the error of their ways, sadly in some Muslim dominated regions of this wonderful world Gays are stoned to death, or torched in a cage or thrown off a building, Should I go on...

If I was a Muslim man which christian countries should I avoid to not get myself executed???.... Turn that around and put a westerner (not even christian) in more than a few Muslim dominated locations in the world and see the outcome..

Sad aint it

RA

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I'm not saying much of anything about the non-christians...

but, I do know what the bible says, particularly the new testament, and I'm sorry, we wouldn't be in the position we are in if 70% of the people were following what jesus taught...

and we certainly wouldn't be having this..

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

An intoxicated man was crazy mad about Christmas music and wanted Muslim and Hindu music. And as these situations usually do, the cops arrested the dolt, he meth on him.

Triggered by Christmas music playing at McDonalds, a Florida man demanded it be turned off. He wanted Muslim and Hindu music.

MCDs are franchised, I believe.

If a Muslim owner played Muslim music, I expect there would be Christians complaining.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Heck with the religious music. Stick to rock and roll music.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think they should broadcast Christmas music 24/7 at Gitmo.

Why didn't I think of that before . . .

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't think the super-Christians at Chik-fil-a play Christian music (I could be wrong.)

This was just a silly excuse of the op to get a ton of disagreement about intolerance.

The guy was apparently a meth head.

Religion had noting to do with it.

In America, we have religious freedom. If you don't like the music, leave. We don't dictate private establishments what kind of music they can play.

Dumb.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Its their business they can play any music they want. If the guy doesn't like it and politely asking for a change doesn't work he's always free to take his business elsewhere

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Agreed, he was under the influence of what ever. But I found his choices of music interesting.

a reply to: Aazadan

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

LOL. I'm wondering just how many McDonnald's even have Muslim music on hand in the first place??? Probably not too many.

I wonder if this guy realized he just get his food to go and everybody would have been better off???

Some people are just begging to get arrested.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

This music is all piped in, they can make changes through the computer program that supplies it.

Now the question is does the service have the Muslim and Hindu music.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Now the question is does the service have the Muslim and Hindu music.

er, I actually LIKE Arab and Hindu stuff. They could be singing any sort of offensive crap at all, but I like the sound of it.

Hell, I generally play stuff I can't understand when I'm doing layouts. It's entertaining without engaging my verbal centers.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

If it's piped in through corporate then it is what it is. I worked at a corporate retail place that did that and it was controlled by them at all times. Especially because of advertising they'd play through it. Some of that music was the worst too.

My favorite was when they'd take rock songs and modify them to some weird easy listening remake without vocals. I'd be working and notice that what I was hearing was like some Bon Jovi song being played on a harp or piano without the lyrics. LOL

I always wondered who it was way up in corporate that actually chose that crap and what those people did for a good time when they weren't picking out horrible music.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I think it is a subscription threw a musac like corp.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Well, those musac people need to get out more because they're music choices are horrible.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It's a private business. They can play whatever music they want. If he doesn't like the music he can take out his food.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
I could easily see shooting up the place with one too many renditions of Holly Jolly Christmas or Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer, frankly.

Don't give people ideas. There's a station in my area that plays nothing but Christmas music 24 hours a day, beginning Thankgiving Day all the way through December 26. Don't like Santa Baby or Baby, it's Cold Outside? Wait a half hour, and you hear the song again, but from another artist. Sounds like an insanity plea in the making.
edit on 12/29/2016 by Cheddarhead because: messed up on a quote

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

And usually un offensive.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

And usually un offensive.

What does that mean?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I think it is a subscription threw a musac like corp.

Muzak is better than that rap crap.

I was sitting in my shrink's waiting room and they were playing a rap thing that was advocating shooting people.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
He should go elsewhere, the music is probably better and the food surely would be.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join