It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left continues the fight against people like Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
this was posted on facebook and captures how many of us feel -

"I listened as they called my President a Muslim (as if it were a bad thing). I listened as they called him a monkey. I listened as they said he wasn't born here. I watched as they blocked every single path to progress that they could. I saw the pictures of him as Hit***. I listened as they openly said that they will oppose him at every turn. I watched as they did just that. I listened and I watched and I paid attention. Now, I'm being called on to be tolerant. To move forward. To denounce protesters. To "Get over it." To accept this...
I will not. I will do my part to make sure this great American mistake becomes the embarrassing footnote of our history that it deserves to be, as quickly as possible. I will do my part to limit the damage that this man can do to my country. I will vote. I will watch his every move and point out every single mistake and misdeed in a loud and proud voice. Do not call for my tolerance. I've tolerated all I can. Now it's their turn to tolerate ridicule. Be aware, make no mistake about it, every single thing that goes wrong in our country from this day forward is now Trump's fault just as much as they thought it was Obama's. I find it unreasonable for them to expect from me what they were entirely unwilling to give.
They will find no shelter here."

- Jeremy Mitchell

momof3, I agree. the republicans plan to create jobs - war.

Congrats, the Democrats will never be elected in my life time ever again if that's how the left acts.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: GodEmperor

Yeah, we all know why the Left opposes Trump.

I am sorry about simply waving the flag does not make you pro-america or somehow patriotic. I know plenty of people in my area the hide their bigotry behind the flag.

It's sad how you guys preach about tolerance and understanding, yet you make ZERO effort to understand those that you disagree with. You just slap one of your many labels on them and plug your ears.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I am sorry about simply waving the flag does not make you pro-america or somehow patriotic. I know plenty of people in my area the hide their bigotry behind the flag.

It's sad how you guys preach about tolerance and understanding, yet you make ZERO effort to understand those that you disagree with. You just slap one of your many labels on them and plug your ears.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Being as how we're talking about labels...don't you like snowflake, social justice warrior, libtards, wackos, thugs, douchbags, commies, scum, hippie, and my favorite...people like you. All names I have been called because I have a different opinion politically.

I don't see much good will or bringing the country together from the right, do you?

I'm blessed to have options and can live anywhere I chose on this beautiful planet. It breaks my heart however to see my country so divided and I refuse to live here and watch what I fear will happen soon. I hope to be proven wrong and we once again can work together to become the utopia that the United States has the potential to become.

edit on 30-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Being as how we're talking about labels...don't you like snowflake, social justice warrior, libtards, wackos, thugs, douchbags, commies, scum, hippie, and my favorite...people like you.

I don't see much good will or bringing the country together from the right, do you?

I'm blessed to have options and can live anywhere I chose on this beautiful planet. It breaks my heart however to see my country so divided and I refuse to live here and watch what I fear will happen soon.

If you are that concerned you should make a start and lead by example on what you would like to achieve.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigdaddycruel6699

Since I am a conservative democrat, what does that do to your little riff, I wonder?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Being as how we're talking about labels...don't you like snowflake, social justice warrior, libtards, wackos, thugs, douchbags, commies, scum, hippie, and my favorite...people like you.

I'm blessed to have options and can live anywhere I chose on this beautiful planet. It breaks my heart however to see my country so divided and I refuse to live here and watch what I fear will happen soon.

If you are that concerned you should make a start and lead by example on what you would like to achieve.

You mean like giving a very successful business to my employees? Done....
Now they and their families can enjoy the abundance they helped create. We were a family, I could have easily sold the business but didn't. Yep, just another SJW, snowflake, libtard, hippie thug leading by example.

WTF are you doing?
edit on 30-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You mean like giving a very successful business to my employees? Done....
Now they can enjoy the abundance they helped create. We were a family, I could have easily sold the business but didn't.

No I meant the discourse. I am waiting patiently to have an honest conversation with an anti-Trump voice. I fear I'll be waiting for ever and in truth I have given up and now give them short shrift.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigdaddycruel6699

You are obviously completely ignorant of the history of the United States... First of all, it was the democrats who were in favor of slavery, and segregation... It was the democrats who started the kkk and did the horrible things against black people and white people who helped them...

It was Republicans who fought against slavery, and Republican cities were the first ones to ban slavery... It was under a Republican President, Lincoln, that the civil war was fought to end slavery...

If you look at EVERY legislation that was in favor of civil rights, it was Republicans who voted the most in every one of them... It was in fact republicans who wrote and tried to pass Civial Rights Acts several times and democrats stopped them...

On overall democrat voting for civil rights was about 60%, or less in the 60s, and even less before the 60s because they were against racial equality... Republicans voted 80% or more in favor of civil rights... in fact the democrats even filibustered the Civil Rights Act in 1964 amongst others...

Jim Hoft Jun 10th, 2012 7:11 pm
On June 10, 1964, Democrats filibustered the Civil Rights Act.
Grand Old Partisan reported, via DANEgerus:

On this day in 1964, Everett Dirksen (R-IL), the Republican Leader in the U.S. Senate, condemned the Democrats57-day filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Leading the Democrats in their opposition to civil rights for African-Americans was Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV). Byrd, who got into politics as a recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan, spoke against the bill for fourteen straight hours. Democrats still call Robert Byrd “the conscience of the Senate.

In his speech, Senator Dirksen called on the Democrats to end their filibuster and accept racial equality.

Michael Zak wrote about this in his book Back to Basics for the Republican Party and reminds us that Democrats, the party of Slavery, Secession, Segregation and the KKK… fought against equality.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

You need to stop swallowing that "cool-aide of lies and deceit" you keep drinking bud and freshen up on real history...

edit on 30-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to: bigdaddycruel6699

The truth is through identity politics, there is increasing hostility towards white people and its out in the open. The irony is, the ones who are crying racism don't even see that there IS an element of racism in the election, against Americans of European descent. They cant stand the fact that a dreaded "white male" won the election. White voters were largely alienated from the democratic party this election cycle. Since the 90s, elements of the left has increased its negative generalizations against white people and heterosexual white males. There has been a steady effort to foment racial division between black and white Americans. The level of bigotry towards whites has increased steadily and this is just an extension of it. It finally reached a point where a majority of the white working class started to sense it and here we are. A sizable percentage of white voters who used to identify as progressives but were alienated by the blanket hatred towards those with white skin ended up voting for Trump. Anti white leftists were Trumps biggest allies in the election, they threw him millions of votes, because the white working class finally realized that the left and the democratic party has contempt for them. Sorry if the truth hurts, but it IS the truth.

Here are two examples of the hostility that is becoming acceptable in our society. If you think this isn't racism, think what the reaction would be if white people were saying these things against people of color? THIS prevailing mindset and attitude went a long way towards the election of Donald Trump. Just imagine a white comic getting up on SNL and reveling how he gets to kill all the black people in a movie, or a video telling people of color what their new years resolutions should be? Can you even begin to imagine the reaction to that, and rightfully so???

edit on 31-12-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Wow that is the best Straw man I have seen this year. I do not give too hoots about the colour of the POTUS. I do care about the lies that went on in the electioneering. We now have post truth politics. I cannot see how he will bring jobs back to the USA.

I am dead scared of him getting into bed with Putin. But Please continue your fallacy that it was all about knocking the white males. Poor baby!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I am dead scared of him getting into bed with Putin. But Please continue your fallacy that it was all about knocking the white males. Poor baby!
a reply to: Tiger5

Just keep telling yourself it wasn't about that, your blindness will keep you losing elections. Hillary was in bed with the neocons and the globalists, THAT didn't scare you?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran

Thank you for the moving picture of Trump supporters. A picture says a thousand words.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Just keep telling yourself it wasn't about that, and keep losing elections.

And Clinton got how many more popular votes than Trump? Close to four million, I think?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Obviously not enough to win so your post is pointless....
Trump won.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: angeldoll

Obviously not enough to win so your post is pointless....
Trump won.

Trump won? OMG you've got to be kidding me, and all this time.... I thought....

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Guess what I would have respected TRump a bit more if he did NOT suck up to Putin!!! the trumpers forget that Putin is a leftist!! What did Castro do the USA?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Russia is no longer the Soviet Union. Putin is a social conservative. I will take good relations with Russia over a continuation of globalization and outsourcing any day. Hillary would have gotten us nuked.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Russia is no longer the Soviet Union. Putin is a social conservative. I will take good relations with Russia over a continuation of globalization and outsourcing any day. Hillary would have gotten us nuked.

"Social Conservative" BS!

Putin is a murdering fascist communist oligarch. Many patriotic Americans have died fighting the commies. Trump is a traitor for selling out the true conservative patriots for his bromance with putin.

Read a goddamn book about Putins background.

Start with this one.....

www.abebooks.com...
edit on 31-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigdaddycruel6699
Salem witch hunts,

1692 -1693

The Horrors of The Church and its Holy Inquisition

1250-1550

hangings of the blacks

Most KKK members were in fact Democrats during the end of that time. I'm old enough to remember and had genuine racists in my family, all Democrats who hated Republicans. They were also very vocal about being opposed to the Equal Rights Amendment and it was the children of Democrats that taught me the little racist poems used often then. Luckily my parents were wise enough to teach me why it was wrong.

I still remember my uncles tirades about Blacks, the Equal Rights Amendment and MLK. He was a power in the unions and in the Democratic Party locally.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not hateful enough to suggest that all Democrats were wearing hoods, but some were. Being rational I'd never lump all Democrats or Republicans into one mold. Racism is very rare now compared to that time. There exists terrible people in both Parties which is why I reject both. That and I'm sane.

destruction of cultures like the Native Americans

Everyone involved with that is long dead.

I did not and do not support Trump, but what you are doing is spreading hate by pretending that all conservatives are evil, racist scum and I highly doubt you even believe that yourself. You are allowing yourself to be controlled by politicians with no morals and mimicking them it seems to me. Fighting bigotry with bigotry will never work out.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join