It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left continues the fight against people like Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bigdaddycruel6699
Think of it as a stage in the grieving process. I was given this clue by an anti-Trump tweeter on the 19th, who described herself as "still at the 'bargaining' stage of grief" about the result.
The process starts with "anger" and "denial", doesn't it? Evidently many people haven't got beyond those phases.
But the time has to come when you work through that, and move on to the final stage, which is "acceptance of reality". If you allow yourselves to be held up at one stage of the process, how can you expect to grow?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

So waht is the point of such a protest? Preventing the democratically chosen President from getting to power?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

i dont get your definition of fake news

cnn msnbc salon buzzfeed mtv?

listen as a regiatered independent who has voted for both parties the left has recently become the party of identity politics, division, and millions of labels to rate how much of a victum you are on the ladder of finger pointing who is more oppressed.

we had a democrat for eight years and are more divided and hateful to each other then ive ever seen. claiming youre the good guys turns me off even more. guess what we still bomb and have proxy wars all over the world.

not to mention i refuse to debate people who claim to be morally and intellectually superior to another group.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigdaddycruel6699
It is people like the conservatives who have started the Salem witch hunts, The Horrors of The Church and its Holy Inquisition, the hangings of the blacks and destruction of cultures like the Native Americans..etc. Time has shown what happens when they are allowed to do whatever they want without resistance which is why they left fights and continues to fight them. Just because you may have won the election, does not mean we will sit idly by as he tries to destroy the good that has been done.

The left was born in violence. The reign of terror, the Khmer Rouge, the Cheka, purges, show trials, scientific testing on conscious humans, forced starvation, mass rapes as a war technique, famine after famine after famine.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlatBastard

So waht is the point of such a protest? Preventing the democratically chosen President from getting to power?

No.

The protest is against what the Reps are saying they want to DO and Trump's erratic, hateful rhetoric. I don't expect people on the right to understand it. I expect even less that they would think about it with any depth at all.

Still...

I wonder how angry the "working man" is going to get when he sees his meager life screwed over even further by Trump's policies, with the full support of the Rep controlled congress? I wonder how that is going to work out? Perhaps then, they will also be protesting?

We shall see.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Well, here is your chance. It is all in the hands of republicans now except for a few states. I expect to see that immigration reform, tax reform, infrastructure for those rural jobs, cleaning out the corruption, repeal of obamacare, privatization of social security and medicare.

I'm betting the only thing they will do is repeal obamacare, but keep parts of it that suits their lobby buddies, then rename it. The rest will have to wait for some democrats to get elected so it can be "bi partisan". Code for passing the blame. Oh, and maybe they will work in some laws against women.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

It is people like the conservatives who have started the Salem witch hunts,

Someone hasn't been paying attention to onver 100 years of banks are evil,corporations, are evil, guns and their owners are evil for the last 75 years, the climate is out to get us, and the most recent psychotic break.

EVIL RUSSIA.

No it's not people like 'conservatives'.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have seen some embarrassingly ignorant threads on ATS, but this one might just top the list.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Ummm...all I had to do was look at your screen name...and I had an inkling you were left of being right...

Being cruel like you are...you fit right...I mean left in...with all the other leftist store front smashing cool to be cruel BLM SJW's...

Then you come on here crying about..."it's people like the conservatives"...knowing full well that your ideology mates are the ones out pillaging and burning...

Talk about disconnect...
You Sir...are disingenuous...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's the Russian Revolution all over again !!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The protest is against what the Reps are saying they want to DO and Trump's erratic, hateful rhetoric. I don't expect people on the right to understand it. I expect even less that they would think about it with any depth at all.

Talking about rethoric.....

Will Trump call out the military police and the dogs and turn them on Americans exercising their First Amendment rights? Will he hunt them down afterwards, using facial recognition software and friendly FBI agents? Could this get ugly??

Quite the cliffhanger.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hey now I am married to a Witch... I would have to take violent exception to that...

Till then ..

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hey now I am married to a Witch... I would have to take violent exception to that...

Till then ..

Compromise?

We'll just do this. . . . .

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Call your lawyers today !!

1984 is coming Jan 20th !!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
this was posted on facebook and captures how many of us feel -

"I listened as they called my President a Muslim (as if it were a bad thing). I listened as they called him a monkey. I listened as they said he wasn't born here. I watched as they blocked every single path to progress that they could. I saw the pictures of him as Hit***. I listened as they openly said that they will oppose him at every turn. I watched as they did just that. I listened and I watched and I paid attention. Now, I'm being called on to be tolerant. To move forward. To denounce protesters. To "Get over it." To accept this...
I will not. I will do my part to make sure this great American mistake becomes the embarrassing footnote of our history that it deserves to be, as quickly as possible. I will do my part to limit the damage that this man can do to my country. I will vote. I will watch his every move and point out every single mistake and misdeed in a loud and proud voice. Do not call for my tolerance. I've tolerated all I can. Now it's their turn to tolerate ridicule. Be aware, make no mistake about it, every single thing that goes wrong in our country from this day forward is now Trump's fault just as much as they thought it was Obama's. I find it unreasonable for them to expect from me what they were entirely unwilling to give.
They will find no shelter here."

- Jeremy Mitchell

momof3, I agree. the republicans plan to create jobs - war.

Here's a portion of an open letter to President Obama from John Pavlovitz' blog Stuff That Needs to be Said:

Over the past eight years, I’ve watched you.

I’ve watched the way you’ve absorbed a billion body blows from your critics; brutal words that run far deeper than policy or platform, words composed within poisoned hearts long before you served a single day in office.

I’ve watched you bombarded with a daily molotov cocktail of white privilege and hidden or overt racism disguised as objective opposition.

I’ve watched your wife and children attacked with a ferocity and malevolence that defy any sense of decency and that have no precedence.

I’ve watched your birthplace called into question, your personal faith ridiculed, your very humanity discounted.

I’ve watched you endure the incessant, bitter venom of those for whom the color of your skin was always going to be a problem.

And through all of it, I’ve watched you be the better man.

johnpavlovitz.com...

This is why the left continues the fight against people like Trump.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: bigdaddycruel6699
It is people like the conservatives who have started the Salem witch hunts, The Horrors of The Church and its Holy Inquisition, the hangings of the blacks and destruction of cultures like the Native Americans..etc. Time has shown what happens when they are allowed to do whatever they want without resistance which is why they left fights and continues to fight them. Just because you may have won the election, does not mean we will sit idly by as he tries to destroy the good that has been done.

The left was born in violence. The reign of terror, the Khmer Rouge, the Cheka, purges, show trials, scientific testing on conscious humans, forced starvation, mass rapes as a war technique, famine after famine after famine.

You have become quite adept at cognitive short cutting. Previously you used at least a modicum of logic now you are so enthralled with the Cheeto Jesus; ideology has gotten in the way of your common sense. I don't think even the left can control the weather to be blamed for famines. That's what I'm referring to with your adoption of cognitive short cuts.

Entertaining but stupid....
edit on 29-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The left was born in violence.

We could ask the residents of Hiroshima and Nagaski back in the 40s.

Oh wait they were nuked.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You've never had a modicum of logic. You couldn't name nor point at the ideology that gets in the way of my common sense, because you've never had common sense. A partisan hack from beginning to end.

ETA. The famines I speak of are the ones started by left-wing policies, for instance the ones that killed millions in the Ukraine or China. If ideology didn't get in your way, you might have heard about them.
edit on 29-12-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

One thing is for certain. If I was walking down a dark street with a leftist on one side, a conservative on the other, I could guess with decent probability who would be most likely to attack me.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Another reason, plenty more where that came from.

LOL, so Trump put PROVEN BUSINESS LEADERS in charge of things that need that kind of leadership?

What the hell was he thinking? He needs Bill the homeless dude and his band of crackheads to lead the US. We don't wan economic success, then we would have to worry about paying more taxes, that would suck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join