It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY did the Russians do it????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Here's my take on the whole "Russians did it" election meddling / hacking storyline in 6 easy steps...and "why"...

1. The Russians didn't do anything really, at least nothing out of the ordinary and certainly nothing the US hasn't equally attempted to do elsewhere.

2. The US Intelligence community has failed miserably at intelligence gathering in the Middle East. Their culture does not lend itself well (at all) to traditional western intelligence gathering methods. There are examples of this too numerous to count.

3. The cloak and dagger, spy vs. spy, world of intelligence gathering during the Cold War worked great for all parties involved (both eastern and western bloc countries).

4. The intelligence community requires gobs and GOBS of funding to remain viable. Just the NSA alone is a veritable computer geek's wet-dream with "toys" on the level of unimaginable elsewhere. The CIA, DOD and others are the same way.

5. Intelligence failures = loss of confidence in the intelligence community. Loss of confidence in the intelligence community = loss of funding. Loss of funding = smaller/downsized intelligence community. Smaller / downsized intelligence community = less cool "toys" and fun cloak & dagger jobs (where nobody is accountable for anything).

6. Life (in the intelligence world) was a whole lot easier and a whole lot more fun when the Russians were the enemy. Can we go back there, Mommy, can we...can we??? When can we go back, Mommy???

Conclusion: The Russians did it!!

edit on 12/29/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I had posted a thread about a week ago on a similar subject. So far, no one has been able to tell me WHAT exactly the Russians supposedly did to affect the election results.

Claiming they hacked the DNC/Podesta's gmail account and leaked to wikileaks is at worst grossly false (as backed up by statements from Assange) and at best a distraction (getting us to focus on the messenger rather than the message).

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

If releasing the truth was considered meddling in elections, than we need to shut down our own government immediately to keep them from doing whatever it is they intend to do.

Having said that, the Russian government was not involved in these hacks.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I believe the whole "RUSSIA HACKED OUR DEMOCRACY!!!" was a ploy to distract from what was revealed in the emails. The lies, corruption, election rigging, connection to the Clinton Foundation, foreign money, pay to play....I could go on and on. The Democrats and especially Hillary Clinton, were caught with their hand in the cookie jar and need some way to misdirect the people's attention.
Looks like it worked.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
We will see. If trump does not please Putin, he will turn on Republicans.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Having a fictitious enemy is a good thing for some, dependent on threat allocation, they can allow for bigger arms deals and/or more surveillance opportunities.

As mentioned, the enemy doesn't have to be real, they just have to appear as real

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
a reply to: Tman2135

If releasing the truth was considered meddling in elections, than we need to shut down our own government immediately to keep them from doing whatever it is they intend to do.

Having said that, the Russian government was not involved in these hacks.

My point exactly. It's the ad hominem argument on a much larger scale.

That said, there is a war going on in the darkness of the internet between government cyberagents and the hacking community working desperately to unlock the wikileaks insurance files.

The keys are encoded into blockchains in bitcoin/dogecoin and there are a lot of people working independently. Problem is, every time someone tries to distribute their findings their internet is cut off remotely via system backdoors.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Well, first of all, this has nothing really to do with Trump.

However, I'm sure there are some people who would love nothing more than to see what you suggest come true (and that really is the topic of this thread).

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I'd be surprised if they didn't at least try to do it , I can see several reasons why a Trump Presidency would be good for Russia.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I believe the whole "RUSSIA HACKED OUR DEMOCRACY!!!" was a ploy to distract from what was revealed in the emails. The lies, corruption, election rigging, connection to the Clinton Foundation, foreign money, pay to play....I could go on and on. The Democrats and especially Hillary Clinton, were caught with their hand in the cookie jar and need some way to misdirect the people's attention.
Looks like it worked.

...i think it's inverse love... - many things was a setup, like those mails , in órder to cough create mistrust and chaos
Who in it's right mind creates that many mails, then cough leaks it, and will still need years to cough read them ?

please remember, the West is screenplayed to implode, by treason from inside...
and russia be the new leader

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Can I just say congratulations to radical Islam and democrats for doing the impossible:
Making a born and raised Texan conservative open to allying with Russia...

The enemy of my enemy indeed...

It is unfathomable that the president of Russia is aspousing more sane policies than our current POTUS who seems intent on importing Sharia into America...

Again, congratulations democrats and your pet "religion" for such profound idiocy that I am now willing to view Russia as a potential ally....freaking Russia for christs sake

-Chris

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

It is unfathomable that the president of Russia is aspousing more sane policies than our current POTUS who seems intent on importing Sharia into America...

No truer words were ever spoken . Look at all the happenings just over the last 2 years. Anyone could see that
"There are none so blind as those that will just not see."
Look out for Jan 1st..... I feel something on the way.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It could be all of those things you said but it is just as likely that it went down the way it was reported.

I know its a requirement to be a conspiracy theorist that you (not you directly) blame the CIA, NSA, FBI, anything at all to do with the Govt for every event ever since the dawn of time.

For me I dont just automatically assume that it's an Intel Agency so that means its bad. The real world is a dark place populated by people that do nefarious things so for me the truth, like almost everything, lies some place in the middle Im sure.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I don't automatically assume that either, but this theme has been out there for a while, and not just related to the elections either. The west's intelligence failures in the Middle East have been beyond EPIC, dating back well before Obama even. 9/11, WMD's, OBL, USS Cole, terror attacks too numerous to mention, Abu Gahraib, leaks, Guantanamo, money, extraordinary rendition, captures, ransom payments...and the hits just keep on coming.

It's pretty clear, from an intelligence perspective, the west is way out of its league dealing with Middle Eastern cultures...and, as a result, a more 'understood' intelligence opponent would be far more palatable and salable.

Hence: The Russians did it

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

That is weird in the sense that your OP is a collection of just "saying things"....

There is a tonnage of evidence out there and even very clear answers to the "Why did the Russians do it"..

But your OP is formatted like you are going to present evidence...

Then you say stuff like..

The Russians didn't do anything really
The US Intelligence community has failed miserably
The intelligence community requires gobs and GOBS of funding
etc.??

Nothing personal...But since when does just randomly saying things while not providing ANY evidence or even a solid argument qualify as an OP?

You did not answer the question...but WORSE YET...you didn't even try to answer the question..

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
They're running out of "bad guys" to justify the enormous defense-spending so why not resurrect one from the past!!??

Worked for Reagan

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Is there actual, verifiable proof that the Russians did anything?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Can I just say congratulations to radical Islam and democrats for doing the impossible:
Making a born and raised Texan conservative open to allying with Russia...

Nope..Your treasonous sympathies for Vladmir Putin are not the fault of Democrats, they are your own choice for allowing partisan politics to supersede your withering love of country. You want to cheer a tyrant who vocally advocates for Soviet Empire age governance of the world, go ahead...but remember there are both GOP and Dems and a ton in between that put the American way of life above petty partisanship. Vladimir Putin is disgusting and petty Tyrant that has re-written the Russian Constitution, killed hundreds of journalists and political opponents and rigged elections to stay in power. He stands for everything our forefathers fought and died for. Your love of him is your own issue..
edit on 29-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is there actual, verifiable proof that the Russians did anything?

A tonnage of clear and un-refuted evidence....Repeatedly posted on ATS...I would post again, but most on this thread have been present in other threads when all the evidence was outlined and linked..

And yet somehow you still dully ask that question? It reeks of dishonesty ...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

According to CNN, there's tons of proof, and they're not going to show it to anyone. Not even Trump. 🙄

Really hating CNN right now, and anyone else poking the Russian bear for no reason other than to see how far they can push this.
So much talk of retaliation, and retaliation for retaliation.....where does it stop

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join