It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Files Patent for Flying Warehouse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: gortex

This could be the early phase(s) of infrastructure for flying vehicles. If a warehouse can be flown then why not a restaurant or a convenience store? Even a charging station for an electric flying vehicle?

Like how your thinking. Everything has to start somewhere.

All you naysayers all used to crap in your pants at one point and now look at you.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Something has to be the final version of product distribution before everything eventually switches over to nano- then quantum-assembly at site.

The idea seems ludicrous, but if it results in the world looking more Steampunk, count me in!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think this is fascinating.

But, I don't think drones are advanced enough for Door to Door delivery.

I'd support drop off stations.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Seriously, if you live in a relatively busy rural area, try and imagine a drone delivering a package amongst the trees, lamp posts, high tension, cable and telephone wires, people on the sidewalk, porches and what ever other type of home entrances people have.... I see a great idea with insurmountable problems.

Oh, and then the problems of those who want to touch or steal the drone... cut off finger lawsuits up the bazoom.
edit on 29-12-2016 by charlyv because: content

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Seriously, if you live in a relatively busy rural area, try and imagine a drone delivering a package amongst the trees, lamp posts, high tension, cable and telephone wires, people on the sidewalk, porches and what ever other type of home entrances people have.... I see a great idea with insurmountable problems.

Oh, and then the problems of those who want to touch or steal the drone... cut off finger lawsuits up the bazoom.

YES!!!

I can see drone designed drop off points - - - but, not door-to-door yet.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Seems like a job destroyer to me.

Although I presume legal and insurance firms will have to take on more staff to deal with the claims when they fall out of the sky, destroy property and kill & injure people.

Long story short is I don't like it.

Looks cool though, but all blimps do in my eyes.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I just imagine how many will be attacked for flying off the beaten path whether people know it's a warehouse blimp with drone/s flying from it or not. More UFO sightings? In that way they, if thew plans to go forward with them, may be restricted to certain areas nearby the actual warehouses.

Amazon's first drone delivery happened this month:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Although I presume legal and insurance firms will have to take on more staff to deal with the claims when they fall out of the sky, destroy property and kill & injure people.

Arguments I'm sure would be familiar to Orville and Wilbur wright.
If we don't reach how can we achieve ?

a reply to: charlyv

The Airborne Fulfilment Centres are partly an effort to negate those problems , the Fulfilment Centres will hover at altitudes up to 45,000ft so drones released will drop down to their targets after traveling at altitude to get to the area they need to be in.

edit on 30-12-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You missed out on the a in warehouse your not dislesik you have dimentia no o or h there

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join