It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF you Knew Life does not End with Death...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

"Could you walk through life knowing that death isn't the end..."

If life after death exists then what is your opinion as to how life like that can be?

my opinion, is that life after death is the same or at least similar to life before life as we know it...

which basically means we know nothing about it

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I had a dream once in which I died, and experienced the entire process of death & resurrection in a new life - it was amazing. That single dream ensured that I totally lost my fear of death - TOTALLY.

I was (in the dream) involved in some sort of uprising - I knew I was fighting in a just campaign against fascist authorities. I had been cornered in an abandoned school building complex by an Apache gunship - I was running through a series of rooms which encircled a quadrangle open courtyard at the centre of the complex. The helicopter was hovering at almost ground level in that courtyard, strafing the buildings as it rotated anticlockwise, trying to track me as I ran through the buildings. I came to a room where a huge amount of broken furniture had been piled up so high that at one end of the room, through which I was attempting to escape - the door was totally blocked by the debris. I turned, saw the Apache rotating slowly round to my position, and I realised it was too late - there was nothing I could do to escape the strafing high calibre bullets from their front-mounted full automatic guns. I even remember looking at the pilots - I would have seen the whites of their eyes, if they weren't wearing the full goggles & headsets.

Three rounds hit me square in the chest/ abdomen, which felt like being punched ridiculously hard. My physical body fell backwards from the force of the impacts, and before it hit the floor I was dead. I separated from my physical body, but continued to fall backwards, only now it seemed in somewhat slow-motion. I was simultaneously enveloped in a warm, comfortable blankets of deep darkness, but there was no threat or sense of evil from that darkness. I drifted to a horizontal position & seemed to fall into a deep, comfortable sleep. I was totally at rest - complete peace, total comfort & assurance of safety. All stresses of my life melted away, and I found myself being borne aloft by strong hands/ arms, not sure how many, but more than one. I drifted back into waking consciousness, as I found that I was laid down on the mossy/ leaf-covered floor of a forest. It was morning - there was a beautiful golden glow from the sunlight filtering through the trees. Lovely birdsong, and again, a glorious sense of peace & assurance. I saw a few symbolic objects to my side, and they certainly were intended to impart a spiritual message, which I received with great joy.

As I stood & looked around, a glowing 'person' floated/walked through the trees towards me. I fell to my knees as 'he' explained: "You will never be persecuted again". As I was, at that time in my waking life, experiencing tremendous persecution (unjustly in some regards), I was overcome with emotion, and gave thanks to the angel who had delivered the divine message ('angelos', in Greek, means 'messenger'). He or she departed, and as I warmed myself in the sunlight, taking in the beauty of the scene, I awoke in my bed.

This dream occurred just after I had turned to God in my ordinary life, having experienced, as noted, an unrelenting campaign of covert persecution by group/s which opposed me, for various reasons, meaning I could no longer cope with my life. The dream gave me courage, confidence, and HOPE. I knew that I had something to fight for, and that I was not facing these problems alone.

There is life beyond the death of the body, of this I am certain.

edit on NovemberTuesday17011CST04America/Chicago-060047 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Words very wise and long written down tell us that death is
a direct result of how we live our lives. How WE live our lives
effects the world around us. Since this life comes with a death
sentence. And all indicators fault mankind for ighoring the obvious
warnings and cautions that were understood. So you can live your
life anyway you choose. AND THEN YOU WILL DIE. But there are
strong indications that it doesn't have to end there. And logic is
the first one.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LostThePlot
If consciousness doesn't end with death I'll be very disappointed.

No kidding. I don't know what people find so thrilling about this existence. There are some moments of joy, and times when it's just "okay," but for the most part those are only brief moments between pretty much ongoing hunger, pain and/or fear. If it turned out that all of that was basically for nothing, if I was capable of feeling it my response would be one of anger and depression that I have to go through it all again, or something similar. What a massive disappointment.

If I can't accomplish the things I want to do in this lifetime, then that's just too bad for me. It won't matter anyway. And in a few short generations everybody who knew me will be dead, too. I'll just be another of the billions of people forgotten in time.

"If you believe that death leads to eternal bliss, why wear a seatbelt?" -- Doug Stanhope

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
I do know that life after death exists.

I am one of those weirdos that has died and been brought back.

All I can say is that I can't wait to be there and not here, although the physical process of dying still scares the crap out of me.

We are so deeply psychologically bound to concepts that mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of the universe in this life.

Money is just an invention of man and yet our belief in it and the financial system that creates such ridiculous disparity among men is barely even given a second thought.

Consumerism and greed are rife, when the best things in life really are free. Human relationships and altruism are where happiness is found. Not in shiny trinkets that lose their appeal when something newer and sparklier comes along.

You are fortunate. I don't remember anything about my death and subsequent revival. Nor the previous events of that day.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join