It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF you Knew Life does not End with Death...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Itisnowagain

"Where is what? 'What is' is what there IS."

Where or what is 95% of the rest of the universe? Its not a question we can answer, we don't have the tools yet, non the less the question remains.

There is nothing other than what there is - 95% is just a story - the story that there is something missing is what happens. The belief in some 'thing' separate starts the search for some 'thing' that will complete me (an assumed separate thing).

"Have you (the seer) ever been separate from what you see?"

If i have i cant ever remember doing so aside from dreaming.

What happens when we dream, we don't see those images in the conventional scene, non the less they seem very real to our minds, conscious state or otherwise. Some of those instances have never existed outside our own minds, does that mean that they did not happen?

There Is dreaming and dreaming is one, it is what is happening. It is whole and complete. The one appears to be two when 'dreaming' divides into 'dreamer' and 'dreamt'.

edit on 29-12-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

"There is nothing other than what there is - 95% is just a story."

Despite the evidence or mathematical hypothesis that suggests otherwise? Think they may be a great number of mathematicians, physicist and other people of a professionals nature that disagree with you on that score.

"There Is dreaming and dreaming is one, it is what is happening."

That's a contradiction in terms if ever there was one im afraid. Nice spit balling the ins and outs of the universe and/or consciousness with you all the same but i think you need to keep in mind that far greater minds than our own have pondered the subject and come up with rather objectionable results to your own. That's individuality at play.

Dreaming is probobly our mind simply working overtime because its board being in an unconscious state hence attempts to entertain itself by creating abstract concepts based on the reality we experience while being in a conscious state mixed with a little bit of our imagination.

edit on 29-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

yes i agree, thats some level 10 sh.. you are talking about, we are lucky if we are on L2....

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Can you prove that this 'waking' state is not just dreaming happening.
Call it 'dreaming' or 'image-ing' - patterns of light.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Lets just hope we as a species make it to level one/type one civilization before we destroy ourselves or nature burps an ELE in our direction.

After that the sky(space) is indeed the limit figuratively and literally.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Despite the evidence or mathematical hypothesis that suggests otherwise? Think they may be a great number of mathematicians, physicist and other people of a professionals nature that disagree with you on that score.

No one can truthfully say that there is more than there is!!!
What is happening is what is happening - there isn't anything else.

Words may say there is more but who would believe words?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Nope, but you could always try jumping out a window(don't actually do that), if you are dreaming i imagine you will wake up, if not then i guess following that light is the best approach.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Nope, but you could always try jumping out a window(don't actually do that), if you are dreaming i imagine you will wake up, if not then i guess following that light is the best approach.

There isn't anyone to wake up - there is just dreaming. So there isn't anyone who could jump out of a window. If jumping out of the window appears to happen then that is what is happening.

The point is: There isn't actually anyone who can die - it is all just dream stuff.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Take this guys short vid for example, he raises a hell of a lot more important questions pertaining to the subject better than i ever could.

Reality seems to be fickle beast by its very nature.

Edit: This one also seems rather pertinent to the subject and rather interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Nice thought provoking video.
So.......... if the universe is a simulation - then that body you see when you look down or see in the mirror is not you. You are what is witnessing the simulation - you are seeing what is appearing - you never appear - but YOU ARE - you are aware of what is happening but you are not 'doing' what is happening.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Simulation or a simulation of a simulation the reality we experience with in our dimensional constraints is real enough to us.

If we wish to address or understand these concepts outwith our limited mental capacity we need to build a better God, create a sentient being with none of the limitations or constraints that us clever monkeys have and merge our own consciousness with the thing.

Chances are we or it would simply create another simulation in our/its attempt to understand reality.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Personally, i'm terrified of dying, not so much the process but of what I won't see or be able to do...its the fact of just disappearing and not being me, of ceasing to exist. I want to live thousands of years I'm too curious about this world to die!

I see by your avatar that you would love to be bitten by dracula or a vampire of some kind.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If I was a male reproductive organ in this life, I'd probably still be one in spirit an more complex an larger in the next if I did some good at least.

Who knows what reincarnation like if it does exist, since for the most part if most of humans have breathed an lived before this, but no memory of living then that must mean the identity or ego of that being died an forgotten. Maybe certains trait or qualities are passed on.

Most life forms like us are made from orgabism an smaller, simpler creatures that have lived before us an were or are the basis of our existence. Evolution and reincarnation might go hand an hand for the imaginative.

One thing that intrigues me is the possibly an believe of karma in this or the next. And why we get put into certain situations, almost like a test of sorts, or unfinished business that carried into the next.
edit on 29-12-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

There is nothing to merge. There is just a misunderstanding. Trying to understand the mystery hides the mystery. Take something apart to see how it works, and it no longer works.
This is it but when there is 'someone' trying to understand 'reality' - the whole has been taken apart.
Reality is not two. There is not a you and reality.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Misunderstanding is what makes it interesting i imagine.

The old saying "be careful what you wish for, you might just get it"springs to mind.

Lets just say that the questions we pose regarding the reality we experience offers up enough of a conundrum, seemingly spawning even more yet unanswerable questions.

The argument will remain circular until we design the tools to address the issues, which will probobly be never........And that's if we are lucky.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would continue to live in the present because I do not believe in any future or any past - rather that everything that has happened, and will happen is actually happening right now. But that is a different thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The argument will remain circular until we design the tools to address the issues, which will probobly be never........And that's if we are lucky.

It is a mystery.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudyskye777
Sorry I am a Newby !! ..... Your post is the 1st I have replied to lol !
I have a bit more to learn about this site yet xx

When we lose someone they may have been taken to another place for a good reason is what I believe. Our grief is for ourselves and not having them with us but if you know there is more than here you need not worry for them.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

That implies predestination, and if that's the case our grief would be nether here nor there given the notion that everything happens according to plan, good or otherwise.

If God exists and is of a benevolent nature predestination and freewill don't exactly mix, no wonder there was war in Heaven.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Cloudyskye777
Sorry I am a Newby !! ..... Your post is the 1st I have replied to lol !
I have a bit more to learn about this site yet xx

When we lose someone they may have been taken to another place for a good reason is what I believe. Our grief is for ourselves and not having them with us but if you know there is more than here you need not worry for them.

If there wasn't somewhere for them to go it would be less of a concern. if they are somewhere they maybe suffering - if they are not then they won't be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join