It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF you Knew Life does not End with Death...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Reality cannot be understood - it is what actually is.
That which seeks to understand is fearful of not being, when in fact there is only ever being.
edit on 29-12-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Well science, physics and mathematics are the tools we have thus far in our meager attempt to understand the universe.

Look how far we have come in the last few hundred years alone with regards to what we think we know and/or the technological marvels and achievements we have created.

We may never posses the tools or mental capacity to understand the totality of reality but that should not stop us from trying to comprehend the nature of our own existence.
edit on 29-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Science can look at the universe but it does not look to what is looking. Saint Francis of Assisi said that we should look for what is looking.
No one can show you what is looking. Do you think that which is looking can die?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

But we don't know if "that which is looking" even exists so the question seems rather redundant.

What is it that you think is looking?

Does it look in a specific direction or is it somehow omnipresent like the notion we have associated with God?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

What is seeing (looking) out of (what you believe are your) eyes will never be known - but you do not have to know it - you are it.
The belief is that you are the body and mind and that you have control over them but you are simply seeing what is appearing.
What is appearing is simply just happening and there is a witnessing of it all.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Ah right predestination vs freewill?

Well one is an illusion and the other is rather an arrogant notion to get ones head around.

They also run contradictory to one another so logically one or both notions are incorrect.

My monies on both being misunderstood.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Ah right predestination vs freewill?

Well one is an illusion and the other is rather an arrogant notion to get ones head around.

They also run contradictory to one another so logically one or both notions are incorrect.

My monies on both being misunderstood.

Totally misunderstood - yes!
There isn't anyone - so who can have freewill?
However - what is happening (which is all there is) is free.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

How it free? Seems to me reality carry's some constraints, follows certain rules.

Take the golden ration(phi) or Pi(3.14159) for example. Seems to me there is some form of method to the madness of the chaos that is the reality we experience.

There may even be some form of underlying source code of sorts that dictates how reality functions. Probably a bit above humanity's pay grade or comprehension all the same.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Seems to me there is some form of method to the madness of the chaos that is the reality we experience.

Agreed - there are reoccurring patterns but there are also mutations. But there are no repeats - no fingerprint the same or snowflake.
The current configuration is always passing and there is a knowing of this.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Have to disagree there, there are indeed repetitions contained within reality.

To unequivocally state that no two fingerprints or snowflake have ever repeated we would need to have the ability to categorically analyze any and all fingerprints or snowflakes that have ever existed, or will exist.

Improbable and impossible are two completely different kettle of fish.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Have to disagree there, there are indeed repetitions contained within reality.

The current configuration - what is right now - will never repeat. And even identical twins are not the same.
The only 'thing' (which is not a thing) that never changes is that which is looking/knowing.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

"I know that I know nothing", sometimes called the Socratic paradox seems applicable.

Tell me this is infinity a thing or a thing "which is not a thing"?

The universe is prone to change and chance. Looking and/or knowing is down to perspective. Perspectives change as does our understanding of what constitutes knowledge as we progress in our attempt to understand our universe/reality.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What if.....
I saw an episode of "Futurama" called "The Late Philip J. Fry" that got me thinking. In it, Professor Farnsworth created a time machine that could only go forward. In their search through the future for a machine that could travel back in time, they went to the end of time itself. Everything was gone, then....a new Big Bang. The Universe was recreated exactly as it was before. All the people, planets, everything began the whole process over again.
Now, if we die and there is nothing afterwards, but we were recreated at the end/beginning of time, it would seem like the blink of an eye to us. We, being dead, would not be aware of time passing, till we were reborn and we never knew of the life before.
Is there something After? I don't know and, despite their claims, I don't believe the religious folks do either. That's why it's called The Mystery.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Tell me this is infinity a thing or a thing "which is not a thing"?

There is only what there is - what there is is not a thing - it is everything.

The universe is prone to change and chance. Looking and/or knowing is down to perspective. Perspectives change as does our understanding of what constitutes knowledge as we progress in our attempt to understand our universe/reality.

Looking is what there is - appearance is what there seems to be - looking and appearance are not two.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

"There is only what there is - what there is is not a thing - it is everything."

So whats 95% of the rest of the universe comprised of then? Is dark matter or energy a thing? Because its there even if we cannot yet observe the phenomena.

"Looking is what there is - appearance is what there seems to be - looking and appearance are not two."

Looking is not understanding, observation without interpretation is simply a nice view. Keep in mind that appearances can be rather deceptive, which brings us back to the notion of perspective if im not mistaken.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

"There is only what there is - what there is is not a thing - it is everything."

So whats 95% of the rest of the universe comprised of then? Is dark matter or energy a thing? Because its there even if we cannot yet observe the phenomena.

The rest of the universe is included in 'everything' - what there is is what there is!

"Looking is what there is - appearance is what there seems to be - looking and appearance are not two."

Looking is not understanding, observation without interpretation is simply a nice view. Keep in mind that appearances can be rather deceptive, which brings us back to the notion of perspective if im not mistaken.

What is appearing is not separate from what is seeing - they are one. There is no seer or seen - there is just what there IS.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Energy never dies, it only changes form, we are made of energy and are energy so according to Science we really don't die completely! Don't tell atheists this, but I believe that is where the soul comes in!
edit on 29-12-2016 by kurthall because: Fix

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

"The rest of the universe is included in 'everything' - what there is is what there is!"

Where is it then because we cannot see it? What do you think is more probable, that the 5% of the observable universe we can see constitutes reality or the other 95%?

"What is appearing is not separate from what is seeing - they are one. There is no seer or seen - there is just what there IS."

That would seem to suggest that time does not follow a linear path. Need proof that's the case before unequivocally stating such a notion, not to mention that it would seem to run contradictory to the current interpretation of the life cycle of our universe.

Look at quantum physics(superposition) for example where observation of a thing somehow determines existence and location, but you cannot do both without compromising the other.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

"The rest of the universe is included in 'everything' - what there is is what there is!"

Where is it then because we cannot see it? What do you think is more probable, that the 5% of the observable universe we can see constitutes reality or the other 95%?

Where is what? 'What is' is what there IS.

"What is appearing is not separate from what is seeing - they are one. '

Need proof that's the case before unequivocally stating such a notion, not to mention that it would seem to run contradictory to the current interpretation of the life cycle of our universe.

Have you (the seer) ever been separate from what you see?
There isn't really a separate seer from seen - there is seeing - seeing is happening - or from another angle - there is an appearance.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

"Where is what? 'What is' is what there IS."

Where or what is 95% of the rest of the universe? Its not a question we can answer, we don't have the tools yet, non the less the question remains.

"Have you (the seer) ever been separate from what you see?"

If i have i cant ever remember doing so aside from dreaming.

What happens when we dream, we don't see those images in the conventional scene, non the less they seem very real to our minds, conscious state or otherwise. Some of those instances have never existed outside our own minds, does that mean that they did not happen?

Existence is open to interpretation, again we return to the path of perception , can you not see a pattern developing?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join