It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF you Knew Life does not End with Death...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
One of those relevant questions that few think about....

IF You knew for a fact life doesn't end when you're body fails... but you haven't a clue as to what happens after that moment

what would your life be like?

would it change who you are or how you treat others?

Could you walk through life knowing that death isn't the end...

almost like a video game

How would YOU imagine a world like this?

Do ye think it would be better or worse then what we have?

Would life matter?

edit on 29-12-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I would treat people the same way. Directness, honesty, and deserved kindness.

Those three things aren't always pretty to look at. But it's who I am. Death or knowing that my body's death isn't the end won't change that. It can't.

It is a fantastic question, however. But I just don't believe that day to day we would have the inclination to treat anyone differently based on that knowledge.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Life is just a short pause from death. If there is life after death, perpetually (... or just one extra life), then it is just as meaningless as a finite life.

If there are where more lives perhaps I would try and learn as many tricks-of-the-trade-of-life; no, tricks-of-the-trade-of-economics, so I would have a chance to be filthy rich in my next one (given that knowledge passes over as well).

But then again, if there is no way of knowing what happens during the "transition" between lives. I don't imagine I would learn/change anything special before my next life.

Regards,
edit on America/Chicago00Thu, 29 Dec 2016 04:00:00 -0600400000029 by eirgud because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Pretty much as it is today , I accept the possibility of existence after death but don't understand the mechanism by which it would operate , study of the Universe has shown me that not understanding something doesn't mean it isn't there.

Perhaps we relive this life , perhaps we're reincarnated into another life or form , perhaps we live a life elsewhere in the Universe , like the stars the possibilities are endless.

If consciousness is quantum anything is possible.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

IF You knew for a fact life doesn't end when you're body fails... but you haven't a clue as to what happens after that moment

almost like a video game

Would life matter?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

almost like a video game

Would life matter?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudyskye777

speak up man... quote got your tongue?

hit reply ffs... lol

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
For the past 10 years I have had no fear of death whatsoever .....
Consequently I feel liberated !
As a child, you are cherished and protected, as an adult with children, you live to protect care
and nourish ......

I have lost 2 children my son aged 6 months, 43 years ago and my daughter aged 29, 10 years ago ...

Gradually I noticed a subtle change develope in my outlook / expectations of Life, in fact
how irrelevant and inconsequential my tiny living spark, really is !!

I am Liberated ..... On a Conscious level , I fear and worry about nothing .... On a Subconscious level I
have no idea if my Primal Instinct to survive, would take over if push came to shove ?

I do know I tandem jumped out of a plane with complete abandon much to the shock of my
Tandem Partner ! ...... He expected to have to prise me out of the plane, as my husband told him I used to be afraid
of heights ! ...... Now I want to go Base Jumping .....

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Sorry I am a Newby !! ..... Your post is the 1st I have replied to lol !
I have a bit more to learn about this site yet xx

edit on 29-12-2016 by Cloudyskye777 because: More information needed

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Your feeling on life are inspirational, your strength in the face of pain is incredible. A Mother losing a child is life's cruelest fates, yet you live now full of possibility, beautiful a reply to: Cloudyskye777

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
i would be surprised 'planet earth test' failed to un-disclose the outcome

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I think if we were able to be certain that life does end with death...as in, you wink out like a candle flame and cease to exist...the way we view life would be drastically different altogether. When you consider the fact that many people only aspire to live a "good" life because they think they're saving up for some reward in the end, it kind of brings a different perspective to the whole thing for me.

If we knew for absolute certain that no matter what, when we leave this place we're going to a better one; that nothing, either good or bad, that we do makes any difference at all with regard to that outcome, how many people would simply decide to give into their darkest desires and throw "being good" to the wind? I'm betting a whole hell of a lot. Which is truly sad.

Now...how much higher would those numbers be if it were proven that physical death is the end of the line; there is no afterlife, no second chance, no reward...and conversely, no punishment either? Now, I know a lot of people who would say in that case, they would try to live the best life possible; accomplish things, do good works, leave a legacy that will live on long after they leave this place...and I believe most of them really would.

However, I think there would be far more who would simply do whatever they wanted, as much and as often as they wanted, without regard to the impact it would have on other living beings. What would they have to lose by giving in to anarchy, to chaos?

Every single book, movie, TV show, video game out there with a dystopian theme shares one very significant common denominator: when the rule book is destroyed, the rules go with it. Some rise up and become tyrants and murderers and rapists and thieves, looting and killing and plundering; taking everything for themselves because there is no one around to assign consequences to their actions.

My favorite example of this is in the movie Zombieland, where they're at the Native tourist emporium and end up trashing the place. They did it to blow off steam; it was meant to be cathartic, but what enabled them to put aside their moral and ethical inhibitions and destroy thousands of dollars in merchandise that did not belong to them? The fact that it didn't matter anymore. The owners of the business, along with almost everyone else on the planet, were either dead or undead by that point. There were no cops or judges or courts of law, therefore they could not be held accountable for any crime.

If we were to learn, beyond any doubt, that when we die we simply cease to exist, I think that for myself, the way I conduct my life would not be very much different than it is now. I can say that I believe we do carry on, and even list the many reasons why I believe that, but the simple and irrefutable truth is that I don't know it to be a fact, because here I am talking about it. So I would say that, for whatever reason, I personally am hard-wired to place an intrinsic value on being a decent human being and knowing we have an actual expiration date probably would not change that simple truth about who I am.

I think, however, that humanity as a whole strives for something greater simply because of that uncertainty; the possibility of some paradise or reward or ascension gives us hope, and hope is what gives us the fortitude to keep trying and not give up. I think that for an overwhelming majority of people, if that hope was suddenly gone, life would suddenly become a whole lot more self-centered and the needs of other people and animals, the environment and other human concerns would matter far less to them. Look at how easily we are divided, how quick we are to turn on each other in anger. It would be far worse if it were proven that this life is all we get.
edit on 31385America/ChicagoThu, 29 Dec 2016 05:38:47 -060031am31363America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Not enough coffee yet

edit on 31415America/ChicagoThu, 29 Dec 2016 05:41:20 -060031am31363America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Oh ffs!!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

i thought of nothingness when i was 7 and it is the only thing that can truly terrify me, even if we are reincarnated time and time again, there still has to be an end doesn't there, those thoughts kept me up late for many nights, until i realised that those thoughts were pointless anyway, since then, i have kept my mind open to every possibility, right now i am in the thinking that consciousness is infinite, i dont know about the soul, unless you wanna call the soul the inner self that is an omniscient and omnipresent part of a collective unconscious. i also think it is possible that we leave parts of us behind maybe negative parts that always act out the same tragic event, this could explain ghosts and how when they are described they are often still living in another time.
just a few of my crazy thoughts to share in your great post, i have many.
well done on creating a post like this though, there aren't enough like this

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I think if definitive proof existed it may lessen the value we place on this existence. Not knowing what comes next is essentially a type of survival trait down to the fact that Humans are scared of the unknown.
edit on 29-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
That is why we never remember what is either side of the divide because lets face it, some of the beings on this planet ain't worth the air they breath and their attitudes and treatment of their fellow man is barbaric...
Knowing.... no, confirming that which is to follow isn't the void but continuation, would make death and the causation of death a lesser crime.

Not knowing or remembering suits some very valid reasonings where Inhuman Beings are concerned...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I do know that life after death exists.

I am one of those weirdos that has died and been brought back.

All I can say is that I can't wait to be there and not here, although the physical process of dying still scares the crap out of me.

We are so deeply psychologically bound to concepts that mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of the universe in this life.

Money is just an invention of man and yet our belief in it and the financial system that creates such ridiculous disparity among men is barely even given a second thought.

Consumerism and greed are rife, when the best things in life really are free. Human relationships and altruism are where happiness is found. Not in shiny trinkets that lose their appeal when something newer and sparklier comes along.

edit on 29-12-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

even if we are reincarnated time and time again, there still has to be an end doesn't there,

Maybe , unless the end is followed by the beginning.
Perhaps we live just one life but it's repeated over and over , the theorised Big Bang is a consequence of the Big Crunch which was a creation of the Big Bang , time is both brought to an end and again created in an instant to be replayed as a CD on repeat.

We may have danced this dance many times and are destined to dance it many times more , perhaps deja vu is an echo of past reality.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

yes rinse and repeat, i like the idea that we may have previous lifes stored in a hard drive (collective unconscious).
i also like the idea that when a star becomes a black hole a big bang is created and a new universe.... somewhere.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

reading CG Jungs NDE made me feel good, all the pressures of life lifted in an instant, he went into a deep depression when he got back, but he was told it wasn't his time yet. recent findings that '___' is released into the brain on death is also quite interesting....
erm ok...Dimethyltryptamine into the brain.

edit on 29-12-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If consciousness doesn't end with death I'll be very disappointed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join