It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Donald's Anti-Labor Secretary Begrudges "Overprotected" Workers' Breaks

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: UKTruth

Not just the new labor sec. but his policies, automation, employee bargaining, etc.

There are plenty of valid discussions about these things in this thread.

Just because you want to be a sniveling snowflake about it all because a few people mention Trump doesn't change all the other information in it.

If you don't like it fine. Don't participate. But nobody cares about you crying about it in the thread. Go do something else then. Let the rest of everyone discuss it then.

You really are an odious cretin.
I'll continue to just laugh at the ridiculous anti-Trump drama queens. It's more fun than trying to actually engage with a libtard.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

They want our country to be like China and India where employees have no power nor choices

Quite true! Its been said for decades that corporations love doing business in authoritarian run countries, because workers can be controlled so much better, and Communism provides a much more stable country than a free, open country. So, if we're going to bring jobs back to America, then, by golly, we need to shape this country up! We'll take the oligarchy special burger with extra authoritarianism, a side of Koch Free Market fires and a tall Kool-Aid, please!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You're the one making false claims not me.

Go right ahead and laugh at your own chosen ignorance then. I don't care what you do.

Page 6 the second post I mention him myself even.
edit on 30-12-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: MOMof3

It is a choice to be an employee and whine about the choice made.

Except that very often people have to take whatever work they can get. Which leaves them open to potential exploitation. Hence the regulations to protect them. If you people don't like it, go work in an office in Japan and see how much you enjoy their working culture.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You're the one making false claims not me.

Go right ahead and laugh at your own chosen ignorance then. I don't care what you do.

Reality doesn't change because you want it to, sunshine.
The entire premise of the automation discussion relating to Puzder's initially referenced comment is false in the first place, but as no-one is having a serious discussion about him, I guess that is not worth pursuing.
I'll keep waiting for the discussion on the Labour Sec.
Until then, I will just laugh at how ridiculous this anti-Trump nonsense is becoming.
edit on 30/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Not just the new labor sec. but his policies, automation, employee bargaining, etc.

There are plenty of valid discussions about these things in this thread.

Just because you want to be a sniveling snowflake about it all because a few people mention Trump doesn't change all the other information in it.

If you don't like it fine. Don't participate. But nobody cares about you crying about it in the thread. Go do something else then. Let the rest of everyone discuss it then.

You really are an odious cretin.
I'll continue to just laugh at the ridiculous anti-Trump drama queens. It's more fun than trying to actually engage with a libtard.

Jesus christ. Snowflakes. Libtards. Do you people hear yourselves? Recycling these same playground cliché names like children. Grow up and have a conversation without calling each other stupid names aimed purely at winding the other person up.

As for the OP, once again we have a concerning appointment by Trump, and once again his followers can't even concede that it might be something to be a bit worried about. I've said it 100 times: blind faith is dangerous. Questioning your leader is sensible, rational, logical, and makes you intelligent. Blindly accepting and following is a recipe for disaster. Accepting that he's not perfect doesn't make you weak. Far too much insecurity on these boards.
edit on 30-12-2016 by fencesitter85 because: Words

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

If they're discussing "automation relating to Puzder", which is what you just said then that in fact is discussion about the new Sec. of Labor.

It doesn't matter if you agree with what they say you arrogant know it all. That is still talking about the labor sec. is it not??

All the discussion about fast food workers was also related to him too.

It doesn't matter whether you agree with what is being said. You're agreement isn't what makes something valid.

Face it. You're full of sh*t and just being a baby because you don't agree with what people are saying. Just because you disagree doesn't mean they shouldn't be saying it.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If they're discussing "automation relating to Puzder", which is what you just said then that in fact is discussion about the new Sec. of Labor.

It doesn't matter if you agree with what they say you arrogant know it all. That is still talking about the labor sec. is it not??

All the discussion about fast food workers was also related to him too.

It doesn't matter whether you agree with what is being said. You're agreement isn't what makes something valid.

Face it. You're full of sh*t and just being a baby because you don't agree with what people are saying. Just because you disagree doesn't mean they shouldn't be saying it.

Can you even read?

The entire premise of the automation discussion relating to Puzder's initially referenced comment...

Puzder was referenced in the OP, but automation is being discussed generally as if the guy is driving it. He is not, and there is no discussion about him (except for one post in the entire thread calling him a fascist
) Any half arsed attempt to look up the details of the Business Insider article that the reference comes from can tell you that his quote does not give the proper context.

Getting through to you dummies is completely hopeless. Face it, you are still torn up over Trump winning the election, so you are doing your best to justify your own bitterness by spouting #e on the internet.... Trump this, Trump that, this pick is bad, that pick is bad. Do you even stop for a second to realise just how #ing retarded it sounds. Wake the hell up and have some honest discussions.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

They want our country to be like China and India where employees have no power nor choices

Quite true! Its been said for decades that corporations love doing business in authoritarian run countries, because workers can be controlled so much better, and Communism provides a much more stable country than a free, open country. So, if we're going to bring jobs back to America, then, by golly, we need to shape this country up! We'll take the oligarchy special burger with extra authoritarianism, a side of Koch Free Market fires and a tall Kool-Aid, please!

That is how they are conditioning the people in this country.
"Well, if you hate us doing business in Communist China, then you need to lower your wages and standard of living. You need to shack up 10 to a room to make ends meet. You need to forego your rights under capitalism and your health and well being as layed out in the constitution where the preamble lays it all out.

The Big Corporations that own our government do not want to share power with the people of this country, they want all the power and to dictate how it is going to be.

Working with the market forces in "This country only" is a nightmare to them

It also works in favor of the UN mandates and sustainable development.

See my Sig

edit on 30-12-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yes and they have been dreaming of robots and master baiting to robot mags for years. Just look at some of these robots they have already made! Robots don't talk back! LOL But hay by all means buy their robot produced products.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Bla bla bla.....whine whine whine.....

You're wrong. Deal with it.

Congrats on derailing yet another thread because "WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAA"

Go complain to someone else, I'm done listening to you whiners who can't have any discussion if it's even related to Trump or his Cabinet.

I suppose we'll all just act like little Trump loyalists and worship your new daddy all the time and pretend there aren't some serious red flags popping up everywhere around him. Because putting on blinders to everything and pretending everything is daisies and rainbows makes everything turn out perfect right.

Can't even discuss a topic on a site made to discuss topics anymore because of people like you. How cool is that......

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Bla bla bla.....whine whine whine.....

You're wrong. Deal with it.

Congrats on derailing yet another thread because "WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAA"

Go complain to someone else, I'm done listening to you whiners who can't have any discussion if it's even related to Trump or his Cabinet.

I suppose we'll all just act like little Trump loyalists and worship your new daddy all the time and pretend there aren't some serious red flags popping up everywhere around him. Because putting on blinders to everything and pretending everything is daisies and rainbows makes everything turn out perfect right.

Can't even discuss a topic on a site made to discuss topics anymore because of people like you. How cool is that......

Maybe you could actually discuss the guy then - you know like you wanted someone else to.
What do you think his strong points are? Let's hear your balanced view.

Oh by the way - your gal lost. Deal with it.

You may also like to deal with the fact that Trump will pick the people he sees fit and Congress will confirm them. Your partisan, odious, bitching is not going to change that.

link   
Kinda baffled as to why nobody is crapping all over Google in this thread. I mean they bought the top 8 robotics companies in the US about 2 years ago and have been actively pursuing multiple projects, including the self driving car. Who do they think they are trying to cut me out of my driving privilege? Damn you Google!!!!!

True story....they fund a lot of dems including HRC...and are likely the top robotics company in the country, but yeah Puzder bad...vewy bad...

link   

originally posted by: desert

LOL! Oh yea......We have learned our lesion Daddy. Please make all these Mexicans go away. We will work for nothing like they do if you make them go away again. Please suspend their lifetime work visas LOL, LOL.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The entire premise of the automation discussion relating to Puzder's initially referenced comment is false in the first place,

How about I give you a link to Breitbart where they are floored by Trumps Pick?

www.breitbart.com...

Trump Expected to Tap Labor Secretary Who Prefers Foreign Labor to American Workers

Advocates for American wage-earners say that Puzder as Secretary of Labor is alarming because he will be in charge of enacting policies that directly impact American workers, whom Puzder believes are “unwilling” to do certain jobs. Puzder has suggested that available U.S. jobs should instead be filled by imported foreign labor.

Puzder has even gone so far as to suggest that he prefers foreign laborers to native-born American workers because foreign nationals are more grateful and have a better “attitude.”

They have a better attitude because they can be threatened with deportation if they do not tow the line.
They have no rights under Capitalism

Puzder is a Fascist

Comments from Breitbart

I have seen the staff at the local fast food places being replaced by foreign workers...mostly from mexico.
The service is crap, the place is not as clean as it used to be and my order is almost always wrong to some degree.
I quit eating there.

Uh, this Puzder has to go. Lets get an America First
Labor Secretary, not an EVIL out-Sorcerer.
Nomo H1B, H2B, or any Green Cards.

Been there done that! Immigrants should NEVER take a job from an American in this country.

They are not American companies anymore. If it is made overseas/ out of the country, it needs to stay over seas or be yugely taxed.

He likes a slave workforce of foreign labor. We know why big business prefers foreigners for lower skilled jobs, but it's not good for America, just for the globalist agenda.

Once a Globalist always a Globalist - Trump

originally posted by: Trump

I won though, neener neener neener

edit on 30-12-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Kinda baffled as to why nobody is crapping all over Google in this thread. I mean they bought the top 8 robotics companies in the US about 2 years ago and have been actively pursuing multiple projects, including the self driving car. Who do they think they are trying to cut me out of my driving privilege? Damn you Google!!!!!

True story....they fund a lot of dems including HRC...and are likely the top robotics company in the country, but yeah Puzder bad...vewy bad...

Or the fact that the Puzder is not even close to being a pioneer of automation in the restaurant business. His argument for automation is in fact linked to minimum wage and is more of a warning of the economics of pushing wages too high to the point where automation becomes even more viable. By yeah, it's all Trump's pick's fault.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Oh and let's also not forget amazon trying to put UPS and FedEx out of business with drone delivery...and who does Bezos love...HRC and the dems...but don't let them covering up HRC's bad book reviews bias your opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Thank you - this is at least a conversation about the guy.
I disagree with him on foreign workers completely unless, like he says, there is a genuine shortage of resource. Legal immigration is a real benefit when jobs really need to be filled. I don't think he will be allowed to push the kind of agenda that replaces US workers in a Trump administration. Time will tell. If he does, Trump will be gone in 4 years.

I agree with him on regulations and also on his opposition to a $15 minimum wage.

Your point on him being a fascist is just partisan nonsense, and Trump being a globalist for ever more? Well that's just silly.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Or the fact that the Puzder is not even close to being a pioneer of automation in the restaurant business. His argument for automation is in fact linked to minimum wage and is more of a warning of the economics of pushing wages too high to the point where automation becomes even more viable. By yeah, it's all Trump's pick's fault.

Oh yea we sure wouldn't want to lose those very valuable hamburger jobs to a dam robot! Already lost the auto industry to robots and cheep labor. LOL Whats going to happen is robots making hamburgers anyway and all this talk about wages
is just conditioning to get us used to it. Shareholders are really looking at the labor overhead as it is and robots could help them keep the beech home in these trying economic times.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Like I said earlier in this thread. There are currently 11 million illegals here. While I'm sure not all of them are working, if even half of them are, that's 5.5 million jobs for unemployed US citizens to have, but yeah let's complain on one hand there aren't jobs and on another we should let them in and stay.

The left argument is just silly because it actually argues against itself.

Solely by deporting illegals, trump could have the biggest numbers in history for jobs created in the US in such a short time....now that would be impressive methinks...
edit on 12/30/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join