It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Donald's Anti-Labor Secretary Begrudges "Overprotected" Workers' Breaks

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

have you heard about their airborne fulfillment center?

The e-commerce giant has been awarded a patent that describes a logistics technology it calls "airborne fulfillment center (AFC)." The AFC is essentially in airship that's capable of flying at altitudes of 45,000 feet or more that would house items the company sells through its online marketplace. In the patent, Amazon describes a method by which drones would fly into the warehouse, pick up the items they need to deliver, and then deliver those items to the customer's home.

fortune.com...

heck, what happens if one of these comes down on a city block??

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: mOjOm

Oh by the way - your gal lost. Deal with it.

You may also like to deal with the fact that Trump will pick the people he sees fit and Congress will confirm them. Your partisan, odious, bitching is not going to change that.

I knew it. You don't even know what my position is. You're arguing against a false narrative that you've made up yourself.

I NEVER SUPPORTED HILLARY. I DON'T CARE THAT SHE LOST. HER LOSS DOESN'T CHANGE MY POSITION ON ANYTHING.

You have a head full of bad and incorrect information that you assume is correct.

I'm done here. At least take the time to know what the position is of the person your arguing with next time so it makes sense.

Yeah sure. Hillbot all the way.
Glad you're done. You're boring with your constant anti-Trump nonsense.

Christ you're desperate. Either that or a troll. We can sit and specify "we didn't support clinton, we just think trump is a petulant hypocrite" and you still say "SURE LOL HILLBOT" - literally like a child.
edit on 31-12-2016 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: mOjOm

Oh by the way - your gal lost. Deal with it.

You may also like to deal with the fact that Trump will pick the people he sees fit and Congress will confirm them. Your partisan, odious, bitching is not going to change that.

I knew it. You don't even know what my position is. You're arguing against a false narrative that you've made up yourself.

I NEVER SUPPORTED HILLARY. I DON'T CARE THAT SHE LOST. HER LOSS DOESN'T CHANGE MY POSITION ON ANYTHING.

You have a head full of bad and incorrect information that you assume is correct.

I'm done here. At least take the time to know what the position is of the person your arguing with next time so it makes sense.

Yeah sure. Hillbot all the way.
Glad you're done. You're boring with your constant anti-Trump nonsense.

Christ you're desperate. Either that or a troll. We can sit and specify "we didn't support clinton, we just think trump is a petulant hypocrite" and you still say "SURE LOL HILLBOT" - literally like a child.

Desperate? No. It's just got to the stage where just calling you guys out for your constant hysterical BS seems more appropriate than trying reason, as reason simply does not work with libtards.
So, what do you think the plus points of the new Labour Secretary pick are?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I am glad I went to Mr. Pudzer's Blog and read how he really thinks. I can understand why Trump did choose him. He definitely seems to understand small to mid-size businesses and actually does not come off as a corporate global crony capitalist!

Here is just one Link from his own blog dated November 7,2016.

Fascinating take that he has on why the Big corporations were not supporting Trump, but Clinton. After reading more from the horse's mouth, so to speak, I am feeling more confident in Trump's selection.

Edit add: Oops! Just realized this is in the Mud Pit Forum! Forgive me for bringing any facts without slinging any mud at anyone directly!
edit on 12 31 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

And I was initally for Trump until he started talking to Kissinger, a non politician, the head of the CFR and then loaded his cabinet with Goldman Sachs Boys.

IMO Trump did not have an ideology but was given one by his last campaign team, financed by Robert Mercer, a Koch Bros Libertarian ideologist (no minimum wage, unrestricted flow of labor and capital across borders). The Koch team is the one that led him across the finish line right into the lap of the Koch Bros.

Trump did not even know the Republican Party ideology or platform, and now he is the party head. I see this as a political coup for the Koch Bros. It fits, with his naming Koch people to positions (political and economic), and also his reliance on John Birch Society worldview conspiracy (also a Koch family heritage). IMO the Koch Private Party won.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Thank you!

I haven't posted much about Pudzer directly until now, primarily because I wasn't familiar with him. I was waiting for information, and that blog helped.

Pudzer has an impressive resume. I personally remember when Hardee's almost became extinct. Their advertising program that led them back was impressive. He apparently also saved Carl's Jr. from a serious problem with the SEC. The guy can negotiate.

I don't have to consider him a saint to consider his resume impressive. In business, one must accomplish goals, often goals placed in front of them by their superiors. Pudzer can do this, obviously, and he has personal experience in running the fast food industry. If we are living in a service-dominated economy, it makes sense to have someone familiar with the service industry on board as Labor Secretary.

The United States is supposed to be a fair and equitable society. Unfortunately, we are not such at this time. We have a split right down the middle between labor and business. Historically, business has always held the upper hand, and I see no way this is going to change in the foreseeable future. Business, by its very nature, is the source of capital. Capital (money) is a requirement for life in a civilized society. Money is not green paper or numbers in a bank computer; money is an exchange medium to allow trade between entities of those things held for those things needed.

No one is born with the right to take from others. All are born with the obligation to provide for themselves. A civilized society makes allowances to the obvious harshness of this fact for those who are born into overly difficult circumstances... ie, physical disability, mental defect, financial disadvantage. However, it is not incumbent upon society to provide extravagance in such circumstances.

Typically, family bears responsibility for such exceptions. But there are times when society as a whole must step up to the plate. The question then becomes, at what point should one require societal assistance and to what extent? I maintain that society should be required to only care for those physically or mentally unable to care for themselves, or to assist those who are willing to provide for themselves but unable to do so due to unforeseeable temporary circumstances. Those who simply don't want to make the sacrifices that people have had to make throughout history should not receive assistance for their slothery.

That brings us to my point about the state of labor in present time. Previous political focus has been on improving quality of available jobs rather than quantity of jobs available, in what I consider a misguided attempt to reward those who simply do not want to make sacrifices to improve themselves. In doing this, availability of jobs has been harmed tremendously, and the number requiring assistance has thus ballooned to the point it is unsustainable. No business will ever exist that does not intend to profit in some way... expecting it to do so is akin to expecting fish to become allergic to water. Business is the method by which jobs are created. Therefore, to generate jobs, business must be allowed to profit. If business is not allowed to profit, there will be no jobs and no business opportunities for those who have no jobs. The economy will grind to a halt and no one will profit. Only those with money at this point in time will have anything.

That cannot happen, of course, because people will do what it takes to survive, even if that means breaking law and regulation. But we can get close, and the country will become another Haiti, dotted with small pockets of ridiculous affluence with names like Hilton, Rothschild, or Bilderburg.

That is not the goal... at least I hope it isn't.

We need balance between the inherent power of business and the general good of society. Business must flourish so society can flourish, and workers must be empowered with resources to allow them to improve their lot in life. Personal responsibility for one's lot in life is the only way to accomplish this balance. Force wages to rise, and prices will rise more; the poorest will suffer. Force business into difficulty complying with labor laws and there will be less businesses to provide any living for the people. We've seen this dynamic in action only as recently as 2008.

I have some hope for Mr. Pudzer, given both his demonstrated ability and his experience. I do disagree with some of his personal stances, but since his job will be to assist labor instead of a business, I expect him to change those convictions, just as I expect a ditch digger promoted to plumber to stop using shovels exclusively in his new job.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join