It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News of Polar Bears Dying From Global Warming Exposed — Again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Or we can understand that absolutely nothing is known about the bear population in at least half of it habitat!

One thing is sure - the OP post is a lie!

Tired of Control Freaks

So then how are people saying they are dying if it's impossible to say that? Sounds like you love control freaks.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You are misreading me. I support your statement that no-one really knows what is going on with Polar bears. How does that make me a lover of control freaks

Tired of Control Freak

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Ok, my mistake, we both agree, neither side should be saying anything definitive.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I agree with the proviso that one thing is clear. Polar bear population has increased, not decreased.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Can't argue with truth.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: namelesss

So how many Polar Bears are there ?

www.factcheck.org...

"Factors such as low population density, inaccessible habitats, movement of bears across international borders and budget constraints limit scientists’ abilities to accurately and precisely measure the number of polar bears. Furthermore, according to an essay by Scott L. Schliebe, polar bear project leader for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, more sophisticated satellite and thermal technology exists today than was available during the 1970s, making previous population estimates less accurate than today’s approximations.
The situation is further complicated by the fact that relatively little data, if any, reflect the entire population of polar bears as a whole..."

www.polarbearsinternational.org...

"How many polar bears are there?
Scientists can only provide informed estimates. The latest IUCN report estimates there are approximately 26,000 of them."

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
But a real scientist says polar bear populations are increasing !!

No one with an IQ actually thinks that global warming is a hoax!

Those with an IQ question the effects humans have on global warming, with good reason.

I agree!
How can humans not affect the environment of which we are all features?
And if there are negative effects of human actions, the actions can be moderated/modified.
The question is no longer 'if', but what can we do to ameliorate the negative impact?

edit on 30-12-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Hmmm. She was getting money from Hardland Institute, however, and they were getting funded by GM who stopped their funding because of climate denial.

Basically, GM was using their power to discredit any scientist that disagreed with man-made global-warming.

Seems suspicious.

If the science is so "settled" then why are big-powers so intimidated by "climate-deniers"?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: SaturnFX

Talking about "fake Scientists" lets look at ....

“It is regrettable that anyone affiliated with the University of Victoria participated in the activities of an organization like the Heartland Institute,” says Dr. Thomas F. Pederson, Executive Director of the Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions (PICS) at UVic. “The University prides itself on being an institution of higher learning that deals with facts and that is nowhere more true than in the field of science. Those who deny that the planet is warming as a direct result of human activity are denying facts.

Now just who is Dr. Thomas F Pederson, Executive Director of the Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions (PICS)?

First of all PIC has only 5 projects on the go. The major one is

www.pics.uvic.ca... BC Natural GAS DEVELOPMENT!

The institute is positioning Natural Gas to replace other forms of energy (including so called green energy), nuclear, energy from tides of the pacific ocean.

Now I just wonder if the Institute is funded by the Natural Gas Industry. And I bet that they are paying a hell of a lot more than 750.00 per month directly into Dr. Thomas F. Pederson pocket.

And what makes Dr. Pederson able to comment on polar bears...

www.pics.uvic.ca...

The University of Victoria has appointed Dr. Thomas Pedersen as director of the Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions. Pedersen moves from his current position of dean of science at UVic, which he has held since 2003. His previous positions include director of UVic's School of Earth and Ocean Sciences, and associate dean, research, for the faculty of graduate studies at the University of B.C. He holds a degree in geology from UBC and a PhD in marine geochemistry from the University of Edinburgh.

Degrees in geology and marine geochemistry,,,,what has that to do with polar bears! Or climate change for that matter.

So the man works for the Natural Gas Industry, lobbying for natural gas to take dominance in the market in the province of BC.

He has done work with the Pembina Institute.

Just how dirty is this man? Maybe he should learn about people in glass houses!

So how about Relda, Is the man squeaky clean and above reproach even though his paycheck comes from the energy sector and he is employed in trying to influence the market?

Tired of Control Freaks

Excellent post thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join