It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockette Says Inauguration Performance Is ‘An Issue Of Racism And Sexism’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yes, I am a reformed conservative. A conservative won't let these unsubstantiated claims change how they do business.

In other words, a conservative would take this opertunity and make the most of it.

Did you read the story, doesn't sound conservative, it sounds liberal.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
They probably blame Trump for their fears, but the clear culprit is the DNC and the media, who have persistently deluded their followers into believing in monsters. They do not want to go because they claim some moral virtue, or because they are scared, but because of group think and virtue-signalling; their protests are public relations stunts and no more.

Yes it's the DNC and medias fault because people cannot think for themselves.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: XTexan

Finally, on national TV he should call them what they are. The Rockettes are a sexist organization that objectifies women. No public entities have any business entering any contracts with them.

Even Donnie wouldn't be stupid enough to do that. All they would have to do is point out how Donnie also ran a sexist organization or did you forget about the beauty pageants he ran?

Didn't forget and don't care. His beauty pageants aren't being contracted with public funds. Do you support organizations such as the Rockettes being contracted with public funds?

Also, why would he care if they say that about his beauty pageants? That's been said by multiple people already and it hasn't had any effect.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Finally, on national TV he should call them what they are. The Rockettes are a sexist organization that objectifies women. No public entities have any business entering any contracts with them.

Typical...

Now Trump supporters want to control how business is conducted in America. Basically destroy capitalism and turn it over to the Trump administration.

and Trump doesn't objectify women? I can pull up pages of you tube where he blatantly does and seems to be proud of it.

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

They are liberals, conservatives are objective and not emotional.

Both sides seem pretty reactionary (edging toward hysterical on occasion) at the moment, but at least it's a good show.

link   

Yes, I am a reformed conservative. A conservative won't let these unsubstantiated claims change how they do business.

In other words, a conservative would take this opertunity and make the most of it.

Did you read the story, doesn't sound conservative, it sounds liberal.

If the article was written by a liberal then it will sound liberal. But to say the whole group is liberal just because of that story is nonsense.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Typical...

Now Trump supporters want to control how business is conducted in America. Basically destroy capitalism and turn it over to the Trump administration.

and Trump doesn't objectify women? I can pull up pages of you tube where he blatantly does and seems to be proud of it.

So you support organization like the Rockettes being contracted with public funds? I don't, they objectify women. If Microsoft, Lego, buster2010, or any other private entity wants to contract them I'm fine by that. No public funding.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I didn't say the whole group is liberal, the idiots complaining are. Keep in mind the media is acting like they are sunday school teachers when in fact they are dancing around in lingerie.
They are on stage to be objectified, while they obviously have a major degree of talent, let's call it what it is.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Even Donnie wouldn't be stupid enough to do that. All they would have to do is point out how Donnie also ran a sexist organization or did you forget about the beauty pageants he ran?

Didn't forget and don't care. His beauty pageants aren't being contracted with public funds. Do you support organizations such as the Rockettes being contracted with public funds?

Also, why would he care if they say that about his beauty pageants? That's been said by multiple people already and it hasn't had any effect.

Whether they receive money from the government is irrelevant. The fact is Trump ran a company that made money from showing off women the same way the Rockettes do. If one is sexist then they are both sexist.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Whether they receive money from the government is irrelevant. The fact is Trump ran a company that made money from showing off women the same way the Rockettes do. If one is sexist then they are both sexist.

Whether they receive money from the government is the only relevant thing. BOTH objectify women, and neither should receive public money.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

That is correct, and this was a small part of his business life.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Whether they receive money from the government is the only relevant thing. BOTH objectify women, and neither should receive public money.

It's common practice for the government to contract with private companies. Even my little LLC does biz with the Feds. Or is it just the entertainment biz that has you all buggered up.

Where have you been?

www.sba.gov...
edit on 29-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I didn't say the whole group is liberal, the idiots complaining are. Keep in mind the media is acting like they are sunday school teachers when in fact they are dancing around in lingerie.
They are on stage to be objectified, while they obviously have a major degree of talent, let's call it what it is.

I have never understood this perspective.

I was a stripper but I could still decide who I danced for. I was absolutely "...on stage to be objectified..." and yet, if someone crossed the line and touched me I could walk away. If someone said something I didn't like, I could walk away. Even if someone expressed a political view I didn't agree with, I could walk away.

Maybe I missed out on opportunities when I made choices that balanced my safety or ethics, but I still had a right to choose what I wanted to do; because I was and am still a human being with the same right to autonomy as any other human being.

Your "logic" here, is the same as most saying these women don't have a choice and it boils down to this: "They are objectifying themselves, therefore, they are no longer human beings." Or, more crudely (and I think more to the point) "They are sluts, they are not people".
edit on 29-12-2016 by redhorse because: paragraphs are good

edit on 29-12-2016 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It's common practice for the government to contract with private companies. Even my little LLC does biz with the Feds. Or is it just the entertainment biz that has you all buggered up.

Where have you been?

www.sba.gov...

The buggering stems from my personal belief that the Rockettes and (for arguments sake) Trumps beauty pageants objectify women. I don't believe that public funds should be used for businesses like that or any business that objectifies people for any reason, be it men, women, religious types, or the LGBT community. I understand what they do is not illegal, but strip clubs aren't illegal either and I don't think anyone would argue that public contracts should be awarded to them. They are free to participate in the free market, the entertainment industry has more leeway with this type of stuff than any other, but I personally draw the line with government money.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Good Ol' Selective Morals.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Where have you been?

www.sba.gov...

The buggering stems from my personal belief that the Rockettes and (for arguments sake) Trumps beauty pageants objectify women. I don't believe that public funds should be used for businesses like that or any business that objectifies people for any reason, be it men, women, religious types, or the LGBT community. I understand what they do is not illegal, but strip clubs aren't illegal either and I don't think anyone would argue that public contracts should be awarded to them. They are free to participate in the free market, the entertainment industry has more leeway with this type of stuff than any other, but I personally draw the line with government money.

That makes sense. Are you going to be ok with private money going to the other Trump acts at the inaugurations that fit in with your personal sense of morality.

I personally see trump instituting some kind of BS corporate theocracy ala that holier than thou Pense.

www.thenation.com...

edit on 29-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal she works at a job scantily clad where she is required to kick her legs up in a sexually suggestive manor yet she calls the inauguration of a president an event full of sexism . wow i say fire her and let it be known why she was fired because she did not want to shake her assets as she was contracted to do. this is about as stupid as the lady who told the electric company she didn't have to pay her bill because obama was in office now i wonder how long she went without lights.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Where have you been?

www.sba.gov...

That makes sense. Are you going to be ok with private money going to the other Trump acts at the inaugurations that fit in with your personal sense of morality.

I personally see trump instituting some kind of BS corporate theocracy ala that holier than thou Pense.

www.thenation.com...

While I do lean right on most issues, I also become concerned when I see one party holding all the cards like the Republicans are now. I can't predict what they will do, but rest assured I will call B.S. when and if he/they pull any. As to the other acts at inauguration, I would need to see which one's you're referring to decide. I would personally say it should involve Military, Federal, and State employees that are already going to be "on the clock". All the bells and whistles are pompous and a waste of tax payers dollars in my mind. If a private entity wants to take part, free of charge, and their business doesn't promote things that offend a group then sure.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

You and I agree. I will watch these repubs like a hawk. If they start to crap the bed, I will cry all over my little key board.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I'm sorry but you are incorrect about Garth Brooks. Garth is #16 on the list of the top 75 artists by album sales. The Beatles are #1, of course.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join