It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockette Says Inauguration Performance Is ‘An Issue Of Racism And Sexism’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What a loss... I don't know what I'm going to do without the esteemed, classic performance of the "rockettes."

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: reldra

Bocelli declined because he was being threatened, not necessarily because he didn't or wouldn't do it. He was originally booked to do it.

Bocelli was not being threatened. Look at his twitter. It has a lot of fans saying PLEASE boycott the inauguration with sad cry emoticons. These are opera fans, not people that threaten. Bocelli then backed out, saying he would disappoint his fans. Not that he felt threatened.

link   
I wonder if this is the first time that their personal beliefs have interfered with their jobs? if it`s not the first time then maybe they should find a different line of work,if it is the first time, why now? I mean it`s just another gig business is business.
I`m sure there plenty of perverts worse than trump in the audience of every one of their shows but they have no problems performing anyway.
They know what their job is, to dance around and be eye candy, if your personal principles interfere with doing that then find another job.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Hey crazyewok lets send them *Honey G* with best wishes from the UK

That'll go down a treat!

link   

originally posted by: reldra

Bocelli declined because he was being threatened, not necessarily because he didn't or wouldn't do it. He was originally booked to do it.

Bocelli was not being threatened. Look at his twitter. It has a lot of fans saying PLEASE boycott the inauguration with sad cry emoticons. These are opera fans, not people that threaten. Bocelli then backed out, saying he would disappoint his fans. Not that he felt threatened.

#boycottBocelli

Huh, so none of this is threatening in the slightest? I really like the one they posted that found ways to use f*** and @ssh0lery. That one was really inspired!

link   

originally posted by: avgguy
What a loss... I don't know what I'm going to do without the esteemed, classic performance of the "rockettes."

It is an esteemed and very CLASSIC performance. They have performed in NYC since 1932. It is a Christmas destination for families from all over the country.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

#boycottBocelli

Huh, so none of this is threatening in the slightest? I really like the one they posted that found ways to use f*** and @ssh0lery. That one was really inspired!

If, for the internet, that is all you found, that is nothing. Most were imploring with sad emoticons and I am looking at it.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

It is an esteemed and very CLASSIC performance. They have performed in NYC since 1932. It is a Christmas destination for families from all over the country.

I saw the show in 1963.

It's a great show.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

So does that mean I can refuse to treat a patient because I don't want to? Or that I don't have to work because I don't want to? There's a whole lot of double standards happening here. The rockettes won't perform because a client goes against their beliefs, but when people on the right do that they're against equal rights, bigots, racists, xenophobes...etc. work or don't work, but have the balls to accept the consequences when you get canned for acting like a jackass.

edit on 28-12-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I wonder if this is the first time that their personal beliefs have interfered with their jobs? if it`s not the first time then maybe they should find a different line of work,if it is the first time, why now? I mean it`s just another gig business is business.
I`m sure there plenty of perverts worse than trump in the audience of every one of their shows but they have no problems performing anyway.
They know what their job is, to dance around and be eye candy, if your personal principles interfere with doing that then find another job.

Honestly, I'll tell you the difference between the individual Rockette dancers and the other celebs. The other celebs work for themselves and can pick and choose their gigs. They can decide to not play as they want although I would point out that there is less freedom to pick and choose when they risk being blacklisted or boycotted for playing one particular gig.

That is how show business works though. They have to play to the crowd. They are basically fame whores, and it underscores more the inherent problems with the crowd than it does with them.

The crowd is made up of #sshats who think nothing of breaking everything in their path because they didn't get their way in this case. They think that it must be their way or the highway, and in this case, they think they have the corner on all the nice things (like the fame whores), so they refuse to share because they're rubbing it in how mean they are going to be because they didn't get their way.

Those of us who are parents, especially parents with more than one kid, have seen this behavior. Usually they outgrow it, but the left seems to have failed in their social development at some point along the way.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Why is it the right wings go to with gay wedding cakes whenever someone refuses service.

Unless the discrimination laws apply it's not analogous...

And so far as I know performing for an orange buffoon isn't, nor is he given protected status.
No matter how much the snowflake wishes he was.

More on topic, who really cares.

The right wing will cry, the left wing will cheer, and those of us between the two sets of lunatics couldn't give a toss.
Bank it.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

So does that mean I can refuse to treat a patient because I don't want to? Or that I don't have to work because I don't want to? There's a whole lot of double standards happening here. The rockettes won't perform because a client goes against their beliefs, but when people on the right do that their against equal rights, bigots, racists, xenophobes...etc. work or don't work, but have the balls to accept the consequences when you get canned for acting like a jackass.

You can't refuse to treat a patient, if you are a doctor. You don't have to go to work, but you might get fired and the contract for the Rockettes always had the clause they could refuse an event.

Ok, accept getting canned then. You have fulfilled the requirements you set.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I really enjoyed Chachi at the convention. Perhaps Trump can get him to perform.

link   
These folks need to lay off the hallucinogenics for a while.

link   

So litterally you understood nothing of what I just posted. There's no point in arguing with a rock .

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What's the objection to do with sexism?

Isn't the rockettes all about sexism?

I mean, all we see are female bare naked legs flashing up and down in front the audience like eye candy.

I don't see any male rockettes showing off their muscular male bare naked legs.

The whole rockettes troupe thing is a sexist program to begin with.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Huh, so let liberals want to refuse to serve based on their conscience and it's OK, but let a conservative or a Christian try the same thing and the law cracks down on them with an iron whip.

The left would have no standards if it didn't have double standards.

No. I think Christian/Conservative singers or marching groups have declined or not applied to appear. What law has cracked down on them?

Garth Brooks declined to appear. He is a Republican that thanks God on each album and quotes scripture. He is second only to the Beatles in US album sales.

Reldra- Garth did not decline. He hasn't received an invitation to perform.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about that.

The left wants to let these dancers out of their contract to follow their conscience.

Do you think they should be allowed to?

It was stated by MSG Company, in clarification, that any Rockette can refuse a booking they are not comfortable with. The MSG company stated the original memo was misinterpreted.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Something tells me if they don't perform, it will not be the destination of families any longer.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just one more reason I believe the smartest thing to do is divide the nation into a left and a right. President for them and a president for us, united but politically separate. Maybe then we could still be friends.

Fires start with a spark and often dont get put out until there is nothing left to burn. There is nothing wrong with being a liberal,,, until you say that I have to be one too.... and that goes both ways.
The path we are all heading down is not good and I know none of us want to leave our children with an ever escalating war of ideals. Why cant we just shake hands, say we gave it a hell of a try and find a solution that gives our 2 very different beliefs the respect they deserve, instead of having each of us trying to force the other to live life OUR way

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join