It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite spots MASSIVE object hidden under the frozen wastes of Antarctica

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
To everyone automatically saying it's a hoax etc. If you try actually reading the article all the way through (or really just the last three paragraphs). You'll see that the scientists, not that crazy "Secure team", are just saying that it's most likely an impact crater and pieces of an asteroid which maybe responsible for an early extinction event (not the one that killed the dinosaurs). So yes prob not anything cool, BUT I still thought the article was interesting because it just might be the best preserved large crater.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtEsquire

I will second that. SecureTeam did not really relish this beyond the stated facts in the original posting, like they usually do.
The crater and magma chamber are really the primary focus. The problems with each: 1. Craters of this size very rarely have anything left from the impactor that cause them. 2. Rising magma chambers that erode to laccolithic butte's (much like Devil's Tower), rarely have a crater rim around them. Science has work to do down there.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Apologies, didn't see this thread when i checked, i should have done more due diligence about this thread i posted, www.abovetopsecret.com... Thanks @Rezlooper for having my back, some people are way too quick on the attack button nowadays! LOL

<< 1   >>

join