It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Word was with God, and the Word was A god

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I know you could not have already forgotten I was down that path, and I have that knowledge still in me. I lived it and it was as I saw later pointless endeavor. I am so much more freer and liberated, with the knowledge all aspects of my salvation is secure in Jesus.

My past had prepared me for Christ as I pray you and your son path will prepare you for him too. for no one is without that prospect as long as they live.

Respect respect.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I believe it is the word of God because I have tested it and seen it is his preserved words with my own eyes and in my own life.

Translation:
I read it in the book a bunch of times every day for 4000 days and every time I've looked at it, it still says the same thing! which is: "This is the word of God." Every time I have opened it at that page where it says that, IT STILL SAYS THAT!

It's a declarative statement. And you believe it says something true, when it's really just a declarative assemblage of words. But you personally have attributed the subject to the object in whatever way you fancy, and damned be anyone else's idea!

That ay be how you feel

But for me I read it everyday for 4000 days and each day God teaches me something I did not see before. that is the wonder of his word It is new everyday.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TerriblePhoenix

1) I never freak out because no one agrees with me.

2) if you have ever even given any real effort of thought to what I have tried to share with you, you would have seen I have been quite reasonable with you.

3) BP, is not ganging up for I have not see anyone ganging up on any one else on this thread. However he is allowed his 1st amendment right to free speech and he is free to express his opinions as you have and done. You ad he may be wrong n your opinions and speech but never the less you have had freedom of exercise of your rights within the ATS T&C guidelines.

4) you have been banned so any ties we have lost count. But yet we all still put up with your misgivings. So give a little slack.

edit on 13-1-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

1) I never freak out because no one agrees with me.

2) if you have ever even given any real effort of thought to what I have tried to share with you, you would have seen I have been quite reasonable with you.

3) BP, is not ganging up for I have not see anyone ganging up on any one else on this thread. However he is allowed his 1st amendment right to free speech and he is free to express his opinions as you have and done. You ad he may be wrong n your opinions and speech but never the less you have had freedom of exercise of your rights within the ATS T&C guidelines.

4) you have been banned so any ties we have lost count. But yet we all still put up with your misgivings. So give a little slack.

Such a quality, on topic message, not at all delusional either, lol!

Good God you have nothing to do but argue with people about everything.

I honestly pity you.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

But for me I read it everyday for 4000 days and each day God teaches me something I did not see before. that is the wonder of his word It is new everyday.

oh my

You don't even realize that you are affirming what I am saying (yes, every time, it says that same stuff) by telling me it isn't so. The only difference is that you do it 4000 times and SEE SOME OTHER DETAIL every time.

Ever read any Shakespeare? Plato? Courses in Western Civ? Homer?
How about William James, or Carl Jung?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

So when exactly did I say you were going to rot in hell?

I don't try to persuade anyone of anything. I just say what I say and you will either be offended or you won't. No persuasion there. Objectivity takes no offense. Truth doesn't not hide its nature for fear of triggering the hypersensitive.

Ever wonder if maybe you're just unprepared to handle free speech? That is, since you advocate censoring evangelists in public.

Even you can learn much needed wisdom from our blund exchange. So learn it.

edit on 13-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Ever read any Shakespeare? Plato? Courses in Western Civ? Homer?
How about William James, or Carl Jung?

Yes I have had courses in Western Civ, yes I have read Shakespere, Plato, Socrates, Homer, Jung, Freud, Tolstoy, most of that and more was required in college, I have 3 Diplomas (High School, American Tech College in transportation management, and Community college in plumbing, 2 Bachelors one in liberal Arts (go figure) and one in Theology, and a ThD. All but one has done me any good and that be plumbing.

Education and worldly wisdom is not measure of any mans heart or intelligence

The bible may have the same words you read over and again but its wisdom and knowledge does not come all at once or in 4000 readings. It is here a little and there a little. This is why some who come here claiming they "KNOW the Bible" are simply not being truthful.

Unlike Romeo and Juliet the Bible does not get boring to a believer to read. But with excitement at learning something knew each day for 4,000 plus days (if the Lord allows) is something in and of itself a living book, you grow and it grows with you. It never wears out or gets boring.

I only know the unsaved to say and think it is like any other book. No intentional offence meant to you.

edit on 13-1-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

As if God only accepts people who can't think critically or logically.

Yes.
As if. It's pathetic and horrible that people are made to believe that.

I have been meaning to read the works of Jung, his psychology is based on Gnostic philosophy, which I love, shame he didn't live to read the Christian Gnostic scriptures from Nag Hammadi.

He would have loved them. I do.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Again you should do some study before you say things you know nothing about. If you believe the words of Jesus then you should study to understand what the word ransom means Psalms 49:7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

What on earth leads you to believe that telling me that I need to study when I quite obviously know the Bible better than you.

It didn't take 4,000 days either. You can't even master acting like a grown up, but yeah, I'm going to listen to you because you are...

CJ, I literally would never in a billion years take you seriously, never mind take advice or think you are anything but angry and trying to make others as angry as you.

I am not miserable. I like life. I believe all religion is from the same God, the only God, there will be more than Paulinists fronting as Christians in Heaven and you are delusional if you think that you have a clue how to interpret scripture.

You just don't, it's beyond your comprehensive ability to. You can spend another 4000 days and you still won't because you don't care about reality or anything but Paul, Paul and Paul.

You don't know what every scholar does, that is, the apostles were a different Church than Paul's and they hated each other.

You don't study history, scholarship, comparitive mythology or anything that would help you understand the Bible because you literally worship a book as an idol. You are a plain old cranky kook. Nobody at all takes you seriously, you are ats biggest troll and have the worst manners of any human being I have ever met, and not the slightest clue.

Proverbs 6:35 He will not regard any ransom; neither will he rest content, though thou givest many gifts.
Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Mark 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. Hell is a place that with out the Blood of God to ransom you out if it, you will be there forever paying for your sin for you have nothing that would satisfy his wrath toward sin.

But I speak as a fool because you believe not the words of God.

So what would you have man believe?

Yada.
edit on 13-1-2017 by TerriblePhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I only know the unsaved to say and think it is like any other book. No intentional offence meant to you.

Well. Okay, then!

No offense taken.

I do indeed think it is like any other important piece of literature from our past.
edit on 1/13/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

he did live to read them. He died in 1961.
The Gnostic Society Library
C. G. Jung and Gnostic Tradition:
Gnosis, Gnosticism and Jungian Psychology

Sweet, good looking out. I was not born then and didn't think they had been translated yet.

There was the Bruce and Askew codices long before that though so I gathered he at least read those and a few others like Apocryphon of John, James and some others.

I am happy he got to read them, he would have had access before most people and they were translated by his death, for some reason I thought he was older.

Like I said, I have been meaning to study Jung, haven't yet as I am preoccupied with my Zohar 15 volume set right now.

I recommend anyone read it, you can get the whole set for less than 200$ or buy a volume at a time. Paperback it is 15$ each, tops, through Amazons publishing company createspace.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Are you trying to be immature?

What is a bunch of pictures and you typing hahahaha supposed to accomplish, let everyone know you are a tool?

Ok.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I can go on guys, CJ digitally laughed at me and...

Oh yeah, I forgot, I don't care if you want to act like an ars.

Way to go CJ!

I actually don't have a clue what you are laughing about but the fact that you are a grown man acting like a tween girl is hilarious to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I am curious what you think the equivalent of making a face and laughing at someone on the Internet in terms of your supposedly being a righteous Christian is designed to accomplish ?

More fascinated that you think in an intellectual debate about religion it is normal to mock, insult, falsely accuse and I am going to say it, lie, because a false accusation like out of context is by definition a lie.

When Christians act like literal clowns and make fun of people for being smarter than they, you guys really need to reevaluate your religion because if every Christian is like you you would be the world's most hated religion, not that people like Ghandi didn't express a dislike of Christians and a love for Christ.

What are you accomplishing by going on the Internet and making a literal fool of yourself by, again, acting like a tween girl or a kid at recess that is not well liked and pretends to be making fun of people while secretly hurting inside?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Ancient Manuscripts—How Are They Dated? Awake!—2008
research and historical evidence regarding the reliability of the bible and its preservation as promised...

Moving along with the timeline from where that article approx. left off:

Some more details about the Authorized Version or King James Bible (1611 edition):

Why Study the Bible?
edit on 14-1-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I have noticed and said that I feel you need to start researching things without the added slant the WS puts on things, or any person besides you.

All the books scholars learn from are out of copyright and on the Internet, you COULD read them. It would be better than just saying, so and so did and said this, here is a link to a video that told me what is true.

My point is be your own scholar, auto didactic, and if you want to be a learned man branch out and read about everything.

Other people getting paid to lecture the lazy is just not the way to learn your truth, just theirs, and the only advantage they have is they read more than just the Bible.

They also lie because of the money, unless they are not getting paid, in which case they probably want attention and people to think what they do.

A real scholar would tell you the same thing, they are not supermen and women, check these sources and verify yourself.

I only say this because of your horribly dishonest quote regarding the DSS, that didn't cite a single instance in which its false claim that the Masoretic was verified by and agrees with the DSS.

That is, as I myself proved with a reference to the fragments of Dt32 and a link to the chapter in the NRSV that used them in translation.

As such I can not trust your sources or judgment, because you believed it, it was a fib on the part of whoever said it and... that's actually enough.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerriblePhoenix
a reply to: whereislogic

I only say this because of your horribly dishonest quote regarding the DSS,

Can you be more specific?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join