It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney releases sneak peek of 'The World of Avatar' ride

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My last experience at a Disney theme park (Disneyland) was not great, but, I might brave the strollers again to experience 'The World of Avatar' ride! It looks amazing, from the limited glimpses provided in the video.

After giving us tantalizing bits of information, on Christmas Day Disney released a longer sneak peek into "Pandora: The World of Avatar," a new project coming to the Animal Kingdom next year. The behind-the-scenes look features "Avatar" director James Cameron, Disney's senior vice president of creative imagineering, Joe Rohde, and others talking about the attraction. The project features two major rides, including a canoe journey on the Na’vi River within a bioluminescent rainforest and a ride on the ikran, the dragon-like predators of Pandora. "I don't even know if I can even express how it feels to see something that I imagined in 1995 suddenly made physically real," Cameron says in the video. Pandora: The World of Avatar is slated to open in the summer of 2017.

Another peek at the experience:

edit on 12282016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wow!!!!!! I want to go. I would have liked to have worked on the building of that too.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

That looks cool, how long does it take to build something like that? Just think of all the man hours that go into a ride like that. And of course all the programming. Amazing!

Side note, I wonder if anyone who helped make that ride had to train their replacement before being fired?
Star and flag good thread.
edit on 28-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it! I'm taking my kids there in April, likely will not be open

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sure looks fun. Until you're standing in line for 6 hours listening to children scream and yell while their double wide non disciplinary mother chokes down a turkey leg and throws it on the ground.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Avatar...favorite movie of all time...now I really have to check out this ride! Thanks for the post...S&F

I wonder if this was the reason the sequels were delayed for A2 & A3 because Cameron was involved in the production of this new ride?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That looks cool, how long does it take to build something like that?

Probably just short of the wait time to ride it.

top topics

join