It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Enlightenment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Odd... as everyone that has read any book has had a different experience of it.

Like the OP choosing the term "carefree" yrmv is a given.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Odd... as everyone that has read any book has had a different experience of it.

Like the OP choosing the term "carefree" yrmv is a given.

Sorry, I am not within a certain expected place right now...what do you mean by yrmw?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

This is a complicated question as the answer varies depending on context... on regular mundane terms 44, having seen countless past lives here and in other world systems universes begin and end aeons. None of that really matters though being reborn moment to moment.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Not sure why you are apologizing nor whom is expecting nor what that proper place is... but Y.our R.esults M.ay V.ary. actually you can count on it. Nothing is the same ever it is an abject impossibility... one speck of dust re-arranges the whole universe.

edit on 29-12-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: t foul

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

That is my take exactly...it is always "NEW'

It is always a chosen life... just do it.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The ony way it is truly permanent is in it's impermanence. It's such a beautiful thing to embrace.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

... Nothing is the same ever it is an abject impossibility... one speck of dust re-arranges the whole universe.

Nothing is.
Nothing isn't.
Those two sentences: may be followed by any verb or noun, if you wish.
Or not.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: boozo
Secrets, Forbidden Knowledge, Godlike Knowledge, Religion. All of this are not worthy of effort just to have a grab.
They're bull#. Knowledge suddenly dies with us. We are stupid people for "dreaming" of being something. When we can just be ourselves. Humans. Who "reproduce". Hunt for food. Live life. Live in the moment. Fight. Love. That's all we do. And the rest of these are just bull# we built with ourselves. They're not worthy of our time. It's just illusions. That wants to make us think they are "worthy" and valuable. When what really just matters is living the moment "carefree".

We just made our lives complicated. When in fact, they are just burdens to our mind and soul

No-one can convince me that the spiritual world doesn't exist because when my mother died her spirit engulfed me in a tornado of love. Nor would I try to convince you against your beliefs because it really doesn't matter what we believe. Its all about how we behave. I know many aethist that are morally better, than a great many people, who pretend to believe in GOD. It doesn't matter if we believe in heaven or not, the morally good will achieve a better afterlife regardless of their beliefs.
edit on 30-12-2016 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Thanks BBD. Had never heard that before. The humor and philosophy of holes, seems bottomless.

The great mystery that once was doughnut holes, has now been solved by the science of the culinary arts.
Everybody seems to love Timbits.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

They are pretty easy and quick to make; you know those cans of biscuit dough? Break open one cut each biscuit in half ball it in the palms on a plate and then roll them into the oil it's really quick they will float stand there and watch them take a sppon or fork and give it a little roll to cook the other side after 20 to 30 seconds. Have a paper bag with about a half cup of sugar ready to put them in and give them a nice shake to pick up the sugar leave them in there and you've a bag of them or heat up your favorite cake icing in a sauce pan and then give them a dunk in that.

Use the plate to cover the oil so you can reuse it for more of them and you will very soon lol... this style is how many Chinese resturants here in the US make them. Under 10 minutes total and a great after the pub snack without tons of prep or waiting around... cheese works too, if you ball the dough around a small cube of it a bit of jarred spaghetti sauce and then it's cheese poppers.

The stomach is one hole that is a delight to fill, when empty it often makes enemies...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Thanks for the culinary tip BBD. Kitchen access has been usurped recently.

May your stomach never be empty for too long, and may all holes... oh no, can't say that.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

lol I find a rear guard is an important thing; if you don't want to be f-ed going and coming.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Indeed: protecting the caboose is always a good move.

Back to the OP: How do you manage the flux states, running in between enlightenment, (as the OP says, and as you feel), and everyday life?
Enlightened moments are pure bliss. Then: life barges-in uninvited, like a fly in a tent.

There it is: gotta call the dentist for an appointment, pay bills, work, care for loved-ones, etc...
Brother calls these the music, and we are dancers, just shifting gently with the rhythm changes.
This observer vacillates between states, although not easily, and none-too gracefully.
Thou?

Peace.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Greetings-

Did You already order the book? If not I can send it to You.

Let Me know and I'll route it to You...

Hi JN. Thanks for your very generous offer. Had replied to you via PM, but perhaps you didn't see that message.
Had seen you recommend the book previously, and had ordered it. It's now here in front of these eyes, waiting to be read.
Maybe someday, when reading "Doing Nothing", doesn't mean doing something. (Awkward attempt at a joke)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Well my first experience was 25 years ago, sat down in meditation all the chakras opened shot up the spine in a flash in the bliss of kundalini... and my dumb ass thought I achieved something. Lol so I ran around for about 10-12 years chasing the dragon of that and babbling on like I knew something.

Hard to tell any difference I suppose; still babbling on.

However; whatever practice it is you have chosen? Stick to it in ernest... all the hopping around even between faiths is a waste of time; there are enlightened beings of every school of thought. Because it doesn't require thought.

That doesn't mean run around mindless; but with full intention as in knowing exactly why you are doing and saying every single thing in honesty not lying to oneself or others, not contriving reasons or excuses for them or the doing. Of course that means cutting out intentions; if you have intention then it is a manipulation of the moment and a contrived way to live, one calculated and self centered to get something out of it, other than the simply doing for doings sake.

So in sitting, there is no reason for sitting other than sitting... if something arises other than sitting while sitting then you are no longer sitting even if still sitting. It's basically be consciously aware, but not letting the mind run off from what is currently arising moment to moment... with enough practice, the mind gets tired of trying to run off, chase thoughts babble on about what it sees, label what it hears and on and on and it just dies. It turns off becomes wholly silent what is left? Reality itself... it was always there; just covered up with concepts, ideas, dogma and a lot of jibber jabber.

As babies thats is exactly what the mind is quiet; it only responds to discomfort that isn't the comfort of the womb... supply what it is lacking to mimmic the womb and baby is happy again. Of course as we grow and not necessarily progress not being swaddled, wet or hungry grows into an enormous wall of requirements to be happy and satisfied or back in our little ideal space or womb... we got there by i lika this I dont lika that on and on cutting more and more of the world and its magic off in an attempt at some personal ideal out of egotistical control, then we try to control others mold and shape others bend them to our will... so environment control and other control is supposed to yeild the ideal and perfection?

Ha! So what can one control? Oneself, thats it... that run away baby however old trying to pick all it's favorites grab only those that bend to their will and demands and desire to retreat back into their womb fortress of solitude in all fear and panic and madness that someone will try to take some of it away or someone will flee... it will all go away that is the very nature of things in their arising and passing moment to moment given enough time... that is just the nature of everything that has existed or ever will exist known and unknown: Impermanence it is ironically the only permanent thing.

So trying to battle the impossible is a futility trying to wall oneself and others in out of some sort of control or ideal is also a futility. The ego self will do harm harm to us and others than any enemy could ever imagine. The root source? The mind attached to temporary passing phenomina; seeing this one misses that, thinking of this one misses the entirity of what is occuring... off in dream land of concepts and mental chatter.

Find a hitching post for the mind when it gets loose tie it back to that post over and over; it will then become tamed and docile become a tool instead of a torture to run and chase and be at it's mercy. Eventually it will learn to shut up entirely become like that baby mind that didn't think; just responded as was fitting the situation, no stress no pain and no suffering arising due to it; that doesn't mean any of it will leave the world at all in the slightest... actually from that place of great peace? The suffering of others becomes magnified because there is no longer any grasping at an ego self to miss out the needs of others so one is fully there, present and aware of their needs and can listen to them fully with empathy and actually feel and know what they are saying without any thought involved.

As that empathy grows and extends out it is important to remember unconditional love; since the ego self isn't running around trying to satiate itself in greed, hate and delusion in those illusiory ideas and concepts and contrived schemes and plots and maintanence and fear and worry and concern of keeping what was gained in deciet in honesty it knows that all of that is suffering, pain, torture and having trancended that it is only to decend right back into that ego self as you said in that fluctuation if empathy wasn't present.

So have compassion the attempt to try to understand or see as many perspectives from others as if you were saying whatever it is oneself; and the reasons why you would say those things... if you have been in the situation then compassion is no longer compassion but empathy... you've been there you know the struggle and in that moment their pain is your pain.

The same thing occurs on the world scale; empathy after all suffering for oneself has ended created by the mind; as it is gone done dead, one can't help but feel compelled to extend the heart and hand where possible in empathy to ease their suffering; suffering is like the old saying salt has but one taste suffering is the same way; when it moves from rote grasping and into direct experience of that then it integrates as simply reality... while your mind may no longer exist and there is only consciousness in the sense sphere that you place awareness; and have ceased to suffer due to it; it will be fully aware of all the sufferings of others and there is no need for compassion then because it is pure feeling direct empathy... no need to guess a feeling it is right there and right then and the emotion is a reflection of whatever it is being experienced... and then one can help accordingly in honesty of body speech and mind because there is no intent other than to help and be of service to others.

Thats my advice also be sure to show oneself some compassion and empathy when the going gets abit rough for oneself too... eventually, there will be no need to bubble up and take a breather... used to be once a week I was an emotional wreck feeling all of the news headlines and energies and emotions around me I'd have to take a breather weight of the world... shrug let others hold it for awhile, then once or twice a month shrug, then once or twice a year shrug. Well, you see the pattern... in the same way of seeing patterns we can see what we keep repeating and doing to ourselves and others that is of no real benefit to oneself or others; and we slow it down and stop grasping at things that only benefit oneself. We stop expecting some reward or congratulations or anything of others; it's nearly impossible to live up to ones own expectations of themself so its irrational to expect others to live up to your expectations if you can't even meet your own yes?

It's just one of those ways we sabotoge and aren't even aware of it... when aware then there's no excuse to continue on doing whatever it is that appears to help and looked on honestly only serves oneself and harms others; sometimes an ego and a wry sense of humor can be difficult to distingush.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

To my experience I can only afford being carefree when I have the strength to stand up for myself, otherwise I would be a mess.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Well that's a lot of information! Takes a while to sink-in.
Good thing you don't babble-on anymore. (Just teasing).

These concepts, ideas, practices of which you speak, are known, but not always practiced.
That's a good idea: the concept of a hitching-post for the mind/ego.

Bless you for being able to share compassion and empathy.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

They can be... meditation doesn't have to take place in the stereotypical way thought, on a cushion with candles insense and other paraphernalia. Life happens everywhere at any time... so if you are off the cushion what is someone going to do? Run back home sit in that special place, assume that special posture, light some special insense or candles pat a fat Asian guy on the stomach say three hail Buddhas? Then that magic happens? It always is there just everything not it; is covering it up and that everything not it is the individual ego seeing from a single perspective.

Every single moment... even when sleeping.

You're quite welcome. Hopefully, something in there helps in some way... it's why i babble and write so much... something in there is bound to click, in some way with someone... playing the odds i suppose.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Without having the ceremonial practice, there are many short periods of micro-meditation.
Those little moments of opportunity, that present themselves anywhere and anytime.
At a red light, in a boring meeting, or waiting in the store while woman is shopping. When the ego just fades out, and the light shines through.
Grace is everywhere. Shines through at any time, anywhere.

But still, somehow, can't see/feel, beyond this single perspective.
Even feeling that what is being seen/felt, is Universal. The seer/feeler, can't be ignored.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join