It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noises around the world are very easily explained

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What do the recent rash of sinkholes and the incidents of strange sounds around the world have in common?

Well, I maintain that most sinkholes are not merely cases of gravitational collapse.

To the contrary, most sinkholes are the result of the ground being drawn or sucked down.

The core of the earth is contracting due to its cooling down.

The shrinking size of the core is creating a void below the crust (or probably numerous, irregular voids) of vacuum. This is drawing down sinkholes and doing one hell of a “sucking” job drawing down air thus creating the sounds of a sick trumpet or French horn or tuba or ailing elephant in various places around the world.

The next thing that just may happen is the drawing down of an entire tectonic plate.

This will cause unimaginable tsunamis going across the oceans this way and that way inundating other continents like never before only to have those tsunamis coming rushing back to the sunken tectonic plate.

THE END

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
is there any consensus among geologists and or geophysicists to this "theory" of yours?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
is there any consensus among geologists and or geophysicists to this "theory" of yours?

I don't know.

But conversations have to have their inceptions some way, right?

Among the scientific community, it's known as "postulating."

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

I don't know.

No. It's known as hypothesizing.
edit on 28-12-2016 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

I don't know.

No. It's known as hypothesizing.

Excuse me, but my online dictionary defines "postulate" as "2. to propose as a hypothesis or explanation."

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

The shrinking size of the core is creating a void below the crust (or probably numerous, irregular voids) of vacuum. This is drawing down sinkholes and doing one hell of a “sucking” job drawing down air thus creating the sounds of a sick trumpet or French horn or tuba or ailing elephant in various places around the world.

Could be.
Or space wind entering holes in our atmosphere/ozone layer.
Or sound travelling across non human populated areas from moose, snowmobiles, and trains.

It's easy to explain. Harder to know if the hypothesizing is right....

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't think you have thought it through enough. It's quite obvious that you haven't looked at the Earths geology very much.
Let me enlighten you. The Earths crust (which we are sitting on) ranges from 10 miles to 60 miles thick. Sink holes and general subsidence happens in the first quarter to half a mile of this crust. So no, your theory, idea or speculation makes not the slightest sense at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I don't think you have thought it through enough. It's quite obvious that you haven't looked at the Earths geology very much.
Let me enlighten you. The Earths crust (which we are sitting on) ranges from 10 miles to 60 miles thick. Sink holes and general subsidence happens in the first quarter to half a mile of this crust. So no, your theory, idea or speculation makes not the slightest sense at all.

Of course, it makes sense per the law of physics that states that everything takes the path of least resistance.

Yes, sinkholes are near the surface of the earth's crust, but there may be relatively minute weak spots or cracks that arise from the core thru the crust to a point just under the surface creating a so-called "path of least resistance" to happen at a relatively small spot.

Besides, I never said that there was a swift, immediate cause and effect relationship between a contracting core and a sudden sinkhole. Things may have started centuries ago deep down in the crust, and it took that long of a time to have an effect near the surface.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

That's assuming we KNOW for certain the depth of the crust AND the composition of what is under it. We don't. We can only guess/hypothesize because we can't drill anywhere near that far. If we have it wrong, his/her theory could easily be valid. There is no way to prove it either way. I find the OP's theory to be intriguing but I will not rush to add it to my library of confirmed knowledge any more than I do the existing mainstream theories about every layer of the deep underground we haven't yet accessed.
edit on 28-12-2016 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sinkholes are caused by underground water washing away the ground, check out Florida sinkholes, we have them everywhere, If I remember right, the earth is limestone there, so it is very soft and washes away leaving voids that houses like to fall into. The acidic rain and decomposing plant material eats the base, or low pH limestone as it absorbs into the ground.

They also happen in non sinkhole areas when sewer and water mains burst, washing away the ground.

That trumpet noise, idk, I read somewhere that it was related to magnetism and space weather.

I am not a scientist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: elliotmtl
a reply to: crayzeed

That's assuming we KNOW for certain the depth of the crust AND the composition of what is under it. We don't. We can only guess/hypothesize because we can't drill anywhere near that far. If we have it wrong, his/her theory could easily be valid. There is no way to prove it either way. I find the OP's theory to be intriguing but I will not rush to add it to my library of confirmed knowledge any more than I do the existing mainstream theories about every layer of the deep underground we haven't yet accessed.

Thank you, elliotmtl, and I like to add that maybe we can deduce from crayzeed's reply above that, because the earth's crust is so thick, there can't possibly be an earthquake, nor a fault line, nor an earthquake along a fault line.

One more thing (for crayzeed): it's a known fact that things contract when they cool. This should apply to the earth's core. It's not made of rubber for cryin' out loud!!
edit on 28-12-2016 by theworldisnotenough because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2016 by theworldisnotenough because: (no reason given)

(post by MysterX removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Are there any confirmation these sounds are even real..
The ones I heard have the same soundtrack..

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

That "vacuum" is often result of overusing of ground water. Shrinking of Earth would have some impact on tectonic plates movements but probably very small. You can compare it with cracks on Mercury surface (no tectonics, faster cooling).

add
Or Venus. There are no tectonic plates but active core resulting in large scale lava flows.
edit on 28-12-2016 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius

That "vacuum" is often result of overusing of ground water. Shrinking of Earth would have some impact on tectonic plates movements but probably very small. You can compare it with cracks on Mercury surface (no tectonics, faster cooling).

add
Or Venus. There are no tectonic plates but active core resulting in large scale lava flows.

What..
Did you respond to the wrong person ?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What sounds?

Youtube isnt the real world .....

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Living in Florida the sinkholes here are clearly from limestone being washed out and collapsing. My hypothesis which happened to be published in our local paper is this.

The increased withdrawal of water from the ground to supply growing populations is leaving these caverns open and resulting in the sink holes. I had a well on my old property that worked fine for the 20 years I was there. Then the local water authority sunk 3 new 6" well about 10 miles from my property for the city of Jacksonville. The shallow wells in the whole area dried up and the city received lots of new water customers.

However, your hypothesis could be indicative of the weakening magnetic field around the earth and that in itself can cause many anomalies we haven't documented on earth including changing weather patterns.

ETA: BTW, any scientist, lab tech, or mechanic can tell you that water does not compress and results in a hydro lock if it leaks into the combustion chamber. Same with the earth compression. Once water is withdrawn, it is free to compress.

edit on 28/12/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yes, bad button.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

What do the recent rash of sinkholes and the incidents of strange sounds around the world have in common?

Well, I maintain that most sinkholes are not merely cases of gravitational collapse.

To the contrary, most sinkholes are the result of the ground being drawn or sucked down.

The core of the earth is contracting due to its cooling down.

The next thing that just may happen is the drawing down of an entire tectonic plate.

This will cause unimaginable tsunamis going across the oceans this way and that way inundating other continents like never before only to have those tsunamis coming rushing back to the sunken tectonic plate.

THE END

But there's just not enough displacement occurring like you may not be taking into account...If the core is collapsing; material will be drawn from every direction to fill the void...The whole Earth would have to shrink into it's self?

I would guess.

The sink holes we're seeing have straight and geometric lines that define where the void collapsed- and how much soil had been displaced as a result...

If more Earth is displaced than the route and dimension of the leaking pipe (in this case?) then it would be scarier than the sink-holes created next to fracking sites...see the one in Louisiana of recent past?

Personally, I think these noises are because of over-cast sky's near airports. It's the only time I hear them.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Are there any confirmation these sounds are even real..
The ones I heard have the same soundtrack..

The ones I heard were real. But it was also a forest, in the winter, with moose, snowmobiles, and a train track.......I'm just assuming it was explainable, therefore I'm going with that

Sounded a lot like some of the videos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join