It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, now cheetahs are going extinct.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...

Why are all the animals going extinct? I blame humans. Polar bears, rhinos, great white sharks, elephants, tigers..... Sad sad world we live in where we think it's okay to kill animals to the break of extinction. I seriously hope they will gain there population and humans leaving them alone but that wishful thinking.

edit on 28-12-2016 by CaptainHook because: fixed

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook

You forget bees.

Humans are destroying every habitat in the planet.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomacyes, bees too but I think there are more other animals going to extinction as well but I can't think of them all.

Such a greedy race we are.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

It's a sobering number , just over 7,000 left , what a boring world this will become as more species fall to extinction because of mankind's shortsightedness , virtual reality will replace safari as all that will be out there is dust.

With mans expansion mother nature is pushed further toward the edge , when it's gone we're gone.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
I think nature will kick back one day and fight against us. Maybe something like the tv series zoo will happen where all the animals, including our domesticated cats and dogs will start attacking humans.
Maybe a deadly disease will spread killing off humans...

edit on 28-12-2016 by CaptainHook because: fixed

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

While it is sad 99.999% of all animals have gone extinct. Way of the world I'm afraid. I do hope we can get their numbers up because they are magnificent.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

It would be better if useless animals like geese would go extinct.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lol yeah I would swap cheetahs situation for geese.
But let's talk pandas while cute they are rubbish and have no chance now (our fault but let's face facts here) we waste si much time and money on them which could be used to save species that have a chance of survival.
I'm with Chris Packham here "flip pandas".

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

While it is sad 99.999% of all animals have gone extinct. Way of the world I'm afraid. I do hope we can get their numbers up because they are magnificent.

Correct.
Most of them went extinct before humans ever evolved.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It would be better if useless animals like geese would go extinct.

Yeah, them.... and cockroaches... and mice...

and CATS.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

It is sad and i've been having exact same thoughts as you.

Because of some people wanting to build over every piece of land they see, the rest of us who prefer nature, have to suffer the loss of wildlife! Those people are to blame, not everyone.

Yesterday morning I was up early, took a walk and saw a dead Fox in the road, it's head smashed to pulp.... I saw the blood a few metres back and obviously it had stepped out into the road (or already been there), the driver of the car was going too fast to stop and smashed right into the fox knocking him few metres before driving over it and continuing. I got back to my place, picked up a sheet I no longer use, went back to the fox, covered it with sheet and moved it to the curb so it could stop getting smashed by more cars! I felt pretty sad at that point, not that I weren't sad before, it was just covering the fox and knowing that it was a humans fault...

Anyway, I think the driver of that car went on to crash into a wall because I saw this car had crashed further up the road.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Cats are better equipped to survive in the wild than dogs are.

:p
edit on 2016-12-28T08:34:00-06:002016Wed, 28 Dec 2016 08:34:00 -0600v000000002016-12-28T08:34:00-06:002016Wed, 28 Dec 2016 08:34:00 -0600Wed, 28 Dec 2016 08:34:00 -0600 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

Cats are better equipped to survive in the wild than dogs are.

:p

Maybe.
Cats are not equipped to survive at my house though.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Do you like big cats like lions and such or is it the likkle lovely bundles of joy and love you hate?.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I was solely concerned for a certain poster who, despite being a knight of doom and having biceps that dwarf Jesse's, is a total panty waist when it comes to aggressive waterfowl.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Hey man you went there at least 30 or them 20 odd mallards and a chuffing swan mugged me...Just thinking of it gives me a thousand yard stare.....It is what I imagine war to be like.
Lol.
edit on 28-12-2016 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I would pay big, big money to watch you being assaulted by a gaggle of geese.

We could live stream it and use the proceeds tp help protect endangered species.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Listen do not knock it till you try it,

Cheetah on toast after a heavy drinking session is bloody awesome...

RA

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I could go back.....They and the Swan are still there.
I would have laughed myself silly if it was another person who they mugged.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
How about panda? They seem pretty useless.......

Panda toast and tea?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join