It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

eggnog and rum and a rant about my rich Aunt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I have a very rich and famous Aunt and Uncle, not just rich but stupid rich ,to the tune of a half a billion dollars, Growing up they were always rich but the last 25 years or so they have become insanely wealthy.

Due to some grudge between my mom and my Aunt from 20 years ago over their grandmothers China I have been just left out of anything they have done for the family.

It has never bothered me before but this Holiday season I have thought about it a lot. And then hearing what they have done for other family members this Christmas kinda stung lol.

I have a new grandson and I would love for those doors to be open for him and my young son who is now a father.

Its not like I am a distant cousin lol I stayed at their house a lot when I was growing up, I was her sisters kid and her parents grandson.

Both my grandparents died when I was a teenager so I can't call them and tell on my Aunt either lol.

So I dont know if I am just being a little bitch this year or if I should be pissed.

They have set up a multi million dollar charity in my grandmothers name for victims of alcoholics and domestic violence and even though I grew up with an alcoholic abusive father who they know well , They have never so much as sent me a Christmas card. And even though I grew up with her alcoholic father as my grandfather, the whole reason behind the charity.

I know they dont owe me anything because I am their nephew, but how could they not have done something by now? Like a car at Christmas or a trip for my family or effing something?

Its easy to say when you are not rich but if I was worth a half a billion dollars not one of my nieces or nephews would ever have to worry about money again.

What do you guys think ?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

I think you Aunt will end up crying and dying on her own like the greedy, lying rich Aunt I know. It's tragic.

Oh good. We're in rant.

She lied. She stole. She ruined family relationships.

Now she's a haggard old fool with tears streaming down her face.
edit on 28 12 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I know they dont owe me anything because I am their nephew, but how could they not have done something by now? Like a car at Christmas or a trip for my family or effing something?

So you're pissed because your rich relatives won't give you money, cars or whatever you think you deserve? They don't owe you anything. If that's not your point, I'm sorry, but that's exactly how this reads.
Why not actually ask them why? At least then you'd have an answer. Maybe they just don't like you for some reason.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Dont long for someone elses money.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

So you're pissed because your rich relatives won't give you money, cars or whatever you think you deserve? They don't owe you anything. If that's not your point, I'm sorry, but that's exactly how this reads.
Why not actually ask them why? At least then you'd have an answer. Maybe they just don't like you for some reason.

No I never thought I deserved anything and it never bothered me before. This year was different for some reason and I'm drunk.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

If you knew how much money they made talking about how important family is .

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Then it is probably tainted money, stay away from tainted money, karma follows it.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: isaanbkk
Dont long for someone elses money.

Obviously it came off wrong. I have never wanted anything from them,never.. I have been on my own since I was 17 years old. I have never asked them or anyone else for anything .

I have a job, own a home , have raised 2 kids, and now ave a grandkid. I am just irritated that on their own volition they have never just done something for me or my kids. so I vented.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
arent all familys effed up? I was just talking to my mom about it yesterday. I have such weirdness on both sides of my family.....aloof from each other...playing favorites with some and not others....there is no rhyme or reason to any of it.

I just try to live my own life and not think about it. I feel very fortunate that i at least have a good relationship with my mother. She is what i call a "real person" because she talks plainly and doesnt wear a mask no matter who shes around.

I say try to focus on the family members that you can actually connect with as human beings and shtcan the rest....

oh, and i have a couple rich people in my family as well and i they are pretty stingy over all. Why is it that the poorer the person the more likely they are to be giving and often giving to a fault? I have found this to be true in my own life.
edit on 28-12-2016 by tribal because: other thoughts

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
No I never thought I deserved anything and it never bothered me before. This year was different for some reason and I'm drunk.

Perhaps, given they started a charity about alcoholism, they're waiting to give the money to your kids. Do you end up drunk frequently? Not judging as I am prone to excesive drink myself, but I do know some people are pretty rigid on their views of alcoholism. I know people that believe if you've ever been drunk, even once, then you're an alcoholic.

Either way, screw them. You don't need their money nor the strings attached. Pay your bills and make your way. People get money then forget what it's like not to have it. Piss on them.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

is your mother still alive ?

i only ask - because i have seen this sort of thing before [ and once the relative that " offended " them was dead - they relented and started to be civil to the children and grandchildren of the perpn they origionally disowned ]

however - disowning people for something that another person did - even if it was your mother - is pretty petty

or am i missing some other reason why you and your offsping are also disowned ??

because one of my mates is disowned by his parents [ wealthy to the tune of at least 3 to 4 million ] - there are reasons - he is a idiot - but he is still my mate .

but the point of the tail - is that they have bought his son a car - only a basic 3 door hatchbak - [ and put him throught a very expenive ` pass in 5 days ` driving scjool - plus advanced lessons ] - and are paying is insurance [ thats 2500 a year ]

they have also paid the deposit [ atctually something like 40 percent of the value ] and fully equiped his daughters house

but my mate doesnt even get a penny - and never will

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: goou111

Perhaps, given they started a charity about alcoholism, they're waiting to give the money to your kids. Do you end up drunk frequently? Not judging as I am prone to excesive drink myself, but I do know some people are pretty rigid on their views of alcoholism. I know people that believe if you've ever been drunk, even once, then you're an alcoholic.

Either way, screw them. You don't need their money nor the strings attached. Pay your bills and make your way. People get money then forget what it's like not to have it. Piss on them.

I actually hardly ever drink. maybe twice a year. For obvious reasons. But they only really know me as a kid the last time I spoke with them was my grandfather funeral and I was like 15 or 16. that was before they became household names and we hugged and talked so as far as knew everything was all good .

Fastforward 9 or 10 years and there on tv every day for the next 20 givng sh!t away to total strangers helping everyone.

so maybe I am bitter lol

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yes mom is still alive. She only says its about grannys China lol.
edit on 28-12-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

thanks for replying - and like i say - i am not advocating that you wish your mother dead - but after her funeral - you MIGHT see a change in attitue [ it has happened in other families ]

and the " logic " seems to be that by disowning you as well - they are " punishing " your mother twice

so all i can reccomend - is dont burn bridges - just keep your head down and out of familiy politics - and things COULD change

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

i think its perfectly reasonable to be upset at not just avoidance they are perpetrating, but their obvious preference of total strangers over blood relatives. That would irk me whether money was involved or not.

Lets face it...money is means....it is a facilitator thats all.....so in some respects you can think of it or treat it like you would treat someones time or other resources. It sounds like they are simply not loyal to their blood relatives/family. There are plenty of family members that i know dont really like me and i am kind to them and reach out to them on facebook....i like and comment on their pictures of their kids and show that im interested in their lives and that i care....even though they dont return the sentiment. I think it CAN be valuable to learn to show caring for people who dont really care for you....if for no other reason than your own personal evolution and journey.

Of course, i also dont encourage people to "waste" their time on relationships that give nothing back when there are plenty of great people in the world to whom an investment of time and energy would be given back many times over. I say if youre busy and you have limited resources...emotional, mental, or otherwise, your resources are best spent on those around you that actually NEED your involvement in their lives, as opposed to wasting it on those who dont. A case in point...my wife obsesses over her broken relationship with parents.....but meanwhile her own kids are right there not getting her attention because shes giving it all to people who either dont care or dont have the ability to give her back what she needs or wants from them, you know what i mean?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I would think if they had no money you wouldn't care about the fued.
Families are strange and usually immature.
Mine used to be close, now I only really care about my parents, my brothers are weak.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Ahhhh, the RAS (Rich Aunt Syndrome) at work again. The sense of entitlement is an interesting phenomenon. Not suggesting you have a sense of entitlement, but it does happen.

This thread is interesting to me because it made me think about perspective. Things are not always what they seem.

In my case, the tables are somewhat reversed. We're not fabulously wealthy by any means, and certainly not Richey Rich wealthy, but my wife and I have been successful in our lives and endeavors.

I have two nephews (my sister's children) who apparently have copped a bit of an attitude (from their mom, my sister) because we don't pave their future with gold. They grew up with golden spoons in their mouths. Their dad's family was very wealthy. However, that gravy-train ended when they were in their early to mid twenties. (long story) The playboy life was no longer paying the bills and they had to go out and get jobs like everyone else. That didn't sit very well with their mom (my sister) I guess.

I had always been the black-sheep of the family. If there was a hard way to do something, that's the way I would wind up doing it usually. My sister (the middle child, I'm the youngest) always prided herself in being the rebellious one. I never really cared one way or the other, but to her it was a badge of honor. What she didn't see was that while she thought she was the "rebel" she'd really always had everything in her life given to her on a silver platter (by my parents and her in-laws)...and she passed this entitlement mentality on to her kids (my nephews). When all that ended (divorces, deaths, medical expenses, etc.), when the money ran out, she was standing there with her hand out waiting for someone to give her stuff. When it didn't come she took it personal. There was nothing personal about it, there was just no more money to give.

For our part, my wife and I never took any hand-outs. Me, being the hard-head that I am, and my wife being as shrewd as she is, were long gone (financially and geographically) before ever becoming part of that lifestyle. So then, when the chickens come home to roost, and reality set in we were free from all the fallout and baggage associated with maintaining an unsustainable lifestyle.

Money and sense of entitlement are strange bedfellows. To those with a sense of entitlement there is absolutely no care where the money comes from, just so long as it keeps coming. When one spigot shuts off...they just go looking for another spigot, regardless of who or where.

So now, I guess we're the 'bad guys' for being somewhat successful independent of the whole gravy-train life. And, when the "Eye of Mordor" swings around searching for money there's actually resentment that we just don't give away land and monies to those who feel entitled to it (for what reason I have no idea...other than it exists).

edit on 12/28/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Do you think they would pay a ransom if you got kidnapped? not a real one btw but if you would be willing to lose a little toe we could go halves

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

HA!! LOLOLOL!!!

I realize your question was to the OP, but if we were the aunt (uncle in my example) it would take a heck of a lot more than a 'little toe'!!

LOL
edit on 12/28/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Now I know you're disturbed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join