It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good basic download checker needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
My hands shake a bit these days and of late I have seem to be double clicking every download. My ISP is very tight with what I download anyway and i certainly cannot afford to download 2 of everything.

A very basic free down loader that shows downloads in progress either by percent or by a bar would be good. That way i can check each download and cancel one if I've double clicked the download button.

I've used Flash Video Down loader but its turned to crap now.

Thanks for all help in advance.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Are you using Windows? (I'm not familiar with Mac and Linux usually depends on the distro where to change settings). If so, then, have you thought about increasing the double-click speed? This would apply everywhere, system-wide. But it might address this problem.

(I'm using Win10, but, it should be similar/same for 7, 8, and 8.1...I don't recall if XP and older is the same...)

Go to Control Panels, Mouse, and under Buttons. There is a double-click speed section.

You would want to make it as fast as you can. The faster the setting, the faster you need to double click the mouse to have it register with the OS as a "double-click operation".

The idea here would be that when you intentionally double click fast, it is probably faster than the unintentional shaky hands problem. However, I could be wrong... Not sure about software suggestions in this case, but worth trying the simplest, not-installing-software route first, if it solves your issue.
edit on 28 12Dec 1616 by SomethingLingual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Do you mean for torrents? If its for a mac i use "vuze" Its lightning fast and allows you to select what part of the download you want, With torrents there's always a lot of crap like notes and artwork, and chinese subtitles ect that you can de-select.

But the latest update didnt work properly so its something to look at in a couple of weeks when they release a patch, It's worked brilliantly for me for years up until about 2 weeks ago.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If you are talking about general downloads some of these might help.

www.techradar.com...#

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the ideas people, some good ideas to work with there.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Hi Azureblue

I feel like I'm a little late to the party on this one but I've used 'Turbo Download Manager' before, and It's worked really well for me. It's a chrome add-on, so provided you are using Chrome as your browser, it will be easy to install from here:

Turbo Download Manager

It should do everything you're after! Hope it helps!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: w00kie

Hi Azureblue

I feel like I'm a little late to the party on this one but I've used 'Turbo Download Manager' before, and It's worked really well for me. It's a chrome add-on, so provided you are using Chrome as your browser, it will be easy to install from here:

Turbo Download Manager

It should do everything you're after! Hope it helps!

Hi; w00kie, thanks for the help and suggestion. Unfortunately it does not work on firefox it seems but yes, I still have the same problem. I think I will just have to be very careful about clicking the download buttons and try not to double click.

thanks

top topics

join