It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Me Understand Why Big City Residents Love Democrats.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
December 27, 2016

This Analysis of the 2016 Presidential election voting patterns, shows that more URBAN residents than ever, voted DEMOCRATIC.
Re: www.washingtonpost.com...

As compared to Suburban/Rural areas, DEMOCRAT-RUN URBAN AREAS have..
1. Higher Taxes of all Kinds.
2. Higher Violent Crime Rates.
3. Higher Non-Violent Crime Rates.
4. Greater incidence and variety of Diseases
5. Higher Mortality Rates
6. Higher Gasoline Prices
7. More ways to punish you for various violations (i.e. Camera generated tickets)
8. Higher levels of Air and Water Pollutants
9. Killer Potholes!

Considering just the above 9 items, WHY do people in Democrat-managed urban areas continue to vote Democratic? With more Urbanites than ever, voting Democrat in 2016, you'd think that their local leaders were providing them with nothing but joy, bliss, and happiness.

Could it be that big city residents do not know that quality-of-life is better outside of their concrete jungle? Or, perhaps they know, but don't care, because they've "adapted" ?

I (mistakenly) thought that the message from Donald Trump would better resonate with Blacks/African Americans in the Inner Cities. Particularly here in the Chicago area. President Obama is from Chicago, yet did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to even ATTEMPT reducing the horrific crime rate in the neighborhoods where he was the chief "community organizer" honcho before 2009.

Urban Residents consistently voting Democratic is as illogical as Christians placing their faith in Satan, isn't it?

-CareWeMust

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
But imagine you are them. You'd think more money for the government means the government can do more for them. Seems logical the voting lines lie as they do.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Have you ever been in the military? There is a sort of joyful simplicity to it. Everything is taken care of for you. I used to joke that my only responsibilities were doing laundry and showing up to work.

I think this is what it's like living in the city. Everyone uses everyone else. They depend on others in a way rural residents dont, or at least less frequently.

Also, it's easier to point fingers at rural outsiders as the problem because you can group your side easier.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
As compared to Suburban/Rural areas, DEMOCRAT-RUN URBAN AREAS have..
1. Higher Taxes of all Kinds.
2. Higher Violent Crime Rates.
3. Higher Non-Violent Crime Rates.
4. Greater incidence and variety of Diseases
5. Higher Mortality Rates
6. Higher Gasoline Prices
7. More ways to punish you for various violations (i.e. Camera generated tickets)
8. Higher levels of Air and Water Pollutants
9. Killer Potholes!
-CareWeMust

...everything you posted is because of a higher population
..yeah, go figure, more crimes happen when more people are nearby.

I dont think you thought this through. Lemme ask you a question

pothole filling is one of the many jobs the city has. the city pays for that job via taxes. higher taxes = less potholes, more working traffic lights, more police, etc etc...

The right wing less taxes would..not be able to pay cops, fill potholes, etc. That is why the right is more country oriented whereas people who enjoy a big city will end up paying more for the privilege of living in a town of 50 million.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Very simple. There are more crazy people in big cities. Ever been in NYC?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Yes.. I have been in the military. But the 9 points I outlined in the original post are not indicative of, or conducive to, people working together, and partaking in the "joyful simplicity" of the city.

I live in the suburbs of Chicago. It's not rural, but conditions on every level are way way better than what you find in the city of Chicago.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I suppose there are those who see living in a city of 50 million as a "privilege".

What I'd like to see is a side-by-side statistical comparison of crime, taxes, education levels, etc.. between Republican-run Cities and Democrat-run Cities. Think any report like that exists, SaturnFX?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Democrats have had control of the inner cities for half a century, and look at where it's gotten them. Maybe it's time for new management?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Very simple. There are more crazy people in big cities. Ever been in NYC?

Or maybe large unnatural pockets of civilization cause more mental illness

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Population density and diversity.

Attract immigrants (and i mean legal immigrants). It is easier to integrate into a location which is more welcoming to immigrants. It is easier to find a job in higher density areas.

Attract educated people. Offers them more choices, creative and knowledge-based jobs. Educated people are generally more liberal and have a higher acceptance regarding diversity and immigrants.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Maybe it's because so many people flock to the cities for free/subsidized housing and higher welfare rates.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Maybe it's because so many people flock to the cities for free/subsidized housing and higher welfare rates.

Or maybe it is were jobs are located and people dont want to commute?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: SaturnFX

I suppose there are those who see living in a city of 50 million as a "privilege".

What I'd like to see is a side-by-side statistical comparison of crime, taxes, education levels, etc.. between Republican-run Cities and Democrat-run Cities. Think any report like that exists, SaturnFX?

Well, they got state to state of course
blue v red states crimerate

red states are poor states. poor states have poor people, poor people commit more crime based on the statistical population.

For example, a Smart Politics analysis of partisan control of state legislatures finds the 27 states with Democratic-controlled legislatures with an average violent crime rate of 390 incidents per 100,000 residents. The average violent crime rate for the 14 states with Republican-controlled legislatures was 11.1 percent higher, at 433 incidents per 100,000 residents. (The rate was lowest among eight states with split partisan control – at 382).

now you know the facts. spin them how you will

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I think big cities are just more associated with being democrat that little changes, despite the results. Also a sort of hive mentality coupled with the idea liberal thinking is very modern and hip/cool whereas the conservative viewpoint is looked at as old school and less change, moral values; all not popular.
edit on 28-12-2016 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

There are WAY more poor people in many big cities than rich people.

Poor people depend on free/subsidized housing. Poor people love their free babysitters (oops... I mean universal pre-k). Poor people love their freebies of all sorts.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

There are WAY more poor people in many big cities than rich people.

Poor people depend on free/subsidized housing. Poor people love their free babysitters (oops... I mean universal pre-k). Poor people love their freebies of all sorts.

This is why.
In the city, you can walk to a peeve that makes you dinner.
You can sign up for food stamps and get free groceries.
You can get a discount on your rent via welfare if you prefer getting high to having a real job.

Then you can walk to your # job, and don't need a car, because those are expensive.

Then you can just elect someone who wants to double minimum wage so you don't need to advance your life when you want more money.

Heck, you dont even have to be a tax paying law abiding citizen for this stuff.

Don't worry, the middle aged white guy who is racist only because he is white will pick up the tab, while everyone else talks about why he should be ashamed of his privilege and whatnot.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Here's a rad idea - maybe it's a function of "tube time" - the more time one sits in front of the propaganda tube (TV) soaking up the latest mainstream (subliminal) swill - the more likely one is to accept the mainstream narrative that dems are good and vote accordingly.

I would hazard a guess that working rural folks or parents spend less time watching TV than their city counterparts, maybe not kids (no clue there) as TV has become the universal baby sitter.

I spent decades in the big city before spending the past decade in the country.
There are some very small minds here, extreme bigots, entitled elitists (remember Boss Hogg?), mental deficiencies
- but there are a lot of shrewd "rubes" that are leery of BS from any source, good ol' boys that will scam your pants off if you don't watch 'em closely.

Call it "confirmation bias" or "cognitive dissonance" or "brainwashing" - but for some reason people will let themselves be induced into voting against their personal best interests based on promises and unaffected by performance.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Here's a rad idea - maybe it's a function of "tube time" - the more time one sits in front of the propaganda tube (TV) soaking up the latest mainstream (subliminal) swill - the more likely one is to accept the mainstream narrative that dems are good and vote accordingly.

I would hazard a guess that working rural folks or parents spend less time watching TV than their city counterparts, maybe not kids (no clue there) as TV has become the universal baby sitter.

I spent decades in the big city before spending the past decade in the country.
There are some very small minds here, extreme bigots, entitled elitists (remember Boss Hogg?), mental deficiencies
- but there are a lot of shrewd "rubes" that are leery of BS from any source, good ol' boys that will scam your pants off if you don't watch 'em closely.

Call it "confirmation bias" or "cognitive dissonance" or "brainwashing" - but for some reason people will let themselves be induced into voting against their personal best interests based on promises and unaffected by performance.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

WHY do people in Democrat-managed urban areas continue to vote Democratic? With more Urbanites than ever, voting Democrat in 2016, you'd think that their local leaders were providing them with nothing but joy, bliss, and happiness.

They obviously didn't fall hook, line and sinker for all of Donnie's lies like you did.

Could it be that big city residents do not know that quality-of-life is better outside of their concrete jungle? Or, perhaps they know, but don't care, because they've "adapted" ?

Or perhaps they do know but can't afford to live in the burbs.

I (mistakenly) thought that the message from Donald Trump would better resonate with Blacks/African Americans in the Inner Cities.

People from the hood know a con job when they see one too bad you don't.

Urban Residents consistently voting Democratic is as illogical as Christians placing their faith in Satan, isn't it?

No it isn't illogical because not everyone in the burbs are self centered aholes they actually care about others.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It is typical liberal attitudes. People in big cities tend to have more formal education and usually think of themselves as enlightened and culturally superior to middle america.

Big cities tend to have a lot of poor because thats where a lot of the services are that support the entitlement state.

Whats interesting though is that upper middle and wealthy liberals in cities despise the lower classes. They just support the policies as a virtue signal and because the policies dont affect them directly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join