It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the immigration battle could look like under Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

"Given his nominees for both the Justice Department and DHS, I think they're going to full bore ahead with day one telling the border patrol: 'Start enforcing the law,'" said Hans von Spakovsky a legal and immigration expert at the conservative Heritage Foundation.

Von Spakovsky said the enforcement could entail turning people away at the border, locking up and deporting anyone who is caught in the US illegally and moving to deport those that the government already knows are here illegally, including people who may have registered for deferred action.

What the immigration battle could look like under Trump

Can we finally put the "it doesn't matter who the POTUS is" argument to rest? It's clear to me that it's a different world between Trump and Obama.

Is there another country where enforcing laws that are as crucial as immigration laws is optional? How does that make sense to anyone?

One critical point that is made in the article above is the fact that the number of people in the USA could be plummeting soon. How can that not be seen as a good thing for Americans? It will mean more jobs for Americans. It will mean more resources will be available for Americans.

How did Americans get the unique view toward illegal immigrants that they have?
edit on 27-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Americans have always had an unfavorable view of illegal immigrants.

Because if they didn't they would have made so many laws.

They wouldn't have created Ellis Island, and voted people off it.

See the REAL HISTORY.

en.wikipedia.org...

They wouldn't have created so many LAWS.

www.fairus.org...

For near two centuries no single 'RACE' was above the laws of this country.

Until now.

I wonder why that is.
edit on 27-12-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
isnt it Mexicans come to America first?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

If you read the US Constitution, you'll see the plans for America, and how the economy evolves:

Look at the Dollar Bill, you'll see a "key" placed under a "square". (Treasure Dept symbol).

That tells you that the "key" to America is under the "square".

So, now go to the US Constitution, and use this "clue". You'll find two squares, 4 = 2 x 2, and, 9 = 3 x 3.

One is a positive square (odd numbers positive), the other is a negative square (even numbers considered negative).

Then count the location of the statements in the verses, you'll find one of the "secrets" hidden in the constitution:

There are two "levers"

1) TAXES
2) IMMIGRATION

under these "squares".

These are the two "tools" used to manage the economy.

It's very much like driving a car.

One is the "break" = TAXES.
The other is the "accelerator" = IMMIGRATION.

When you want the economy to "boom", you hit the accelerator, increasing immigration.
More mouths to feed, more people to shop, more homes to build for these people ,etc..boom times.

When you want the economy to "slow down", you hit the break, increasing taxes.
People shop less, factories sell less, GDP contracts.

So, now you're the Boss. You find yourself the "President of the United States",
you're driving the car called "American Economy."

If you halt immigration, that's like "taking the foot off the accelerator." The car continues
at the speed it is going at, but it doesn't increase. In fact, because of "frictions" in
the economy, the car will actually slow down on its own, gradually.

If you reduce taxes, that's like taking your foot off the break. This action doesn't speed
up the car, it just reduced the drag, so that the car can coast at whatever rate it's
going at.

Now if you want a total financial collapse, take your foot off the accelerator and hit the brakes.
That's stopping immigration and raising taxes, simultaneously.

As you can see, using the accelerator and the break, you can decide to drive the economy anyway
you want.

For the past 200 years, the US has hit the accelerator, and this has caused all the boom in America.

Donald Trump plans to build a Wall, and stop the flow of immigrants. So, he is planning to halt the boom.

How fast the economy collapses all then depends on what he does with taxes.

If he raises taxes, we get a quick crash.

If he lowers taxes, we get a slow down, but no crash.

If he keeps taxes the same, we get something in between.

Lowering taxes alone, cannot stimulate the economy. This is known as "PUSHING ON A STRING."

That happened during the last depression.

It requires "demand" to come from somewhere. So, either the government has to spend alot, or you need more people to jump start the economy again.

The US is destined to keep growing or crash.

Take your pick .

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Lucky those FEMA camps are in already place.

Thanks Count Dooku!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
It will be no different then when they made it mandatory when employing someone,they had to have an Social security card,you see how well that worked,I really don't see any real difference other then deportation of foreign criminals,bunch of saber rattling IMO

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

No.

The United States existed before Mexico became an independant country in 1821.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Can we finally put the "it doesn't matter who the POTUS is" argument to rest? It's clear to me that it's a different world between Trump and Obama.

I sure hope it is a different world under Trump. We have laws for a reason.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

I sure hope it is a different world under Trump. We have laws for a reason.

Exactly! I tend to just read these types of threads now as opposed to replying in them. I got sick of being called racist and hateful etc. I have a Husband who is Portuguese and had friends who were illegals yet I was racist and hateful. LOL! Since I couldn't prove it, I was ripped apart.

new topics

top topics

join