It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secretary of Labor Is Officially Triggered By the Trump Transition

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So getting back on topic, or at least somewhat closer than we are currently. Has anyone read what the new Labor Secretary is quoted as saying about working people here in America???

“Have you ever been to a fast food restaurant and the employees are sitting and you’re wondering, ‘Why are they sitting?'” Puzder asked. “They are on what is called a mandatory break.” He shared a laugh with the interviewer, saying the so-called nanny state is why Carl’s Jr. doesn’t open up any new restaurants in California anymore.

It seems the new Labor Secretary doesn't like the idea of giving breaks to working people. He's not a fan of other Protections that are in place to protect workers either. Ya. The new Sec. of Labor who is the head official in charge of protecting labor isn't a fan of protecting laborers.

Maybe we should be discussing that important issue as well as this other stuff too. They might even be related if one was to speculate and wonder why all these agencies seem to be examined as if for a gutting by people who each are opposed to each of these agencies. But that's getting ahead of ourselves at this point I guess.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm triggered by the word "triggered."

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The dems should have done an audit on GWB's regime. They would have found some ungodly spending going to the military, banks, and oil companies.

originally posted by: Tardacus
it`s illegal for the president to know how the tax payers money is being spent? that doesn`t sound right to me.

The president was elected by the people and is the representative of the people, who elected you mr secretary of labor? oh that`s right nobody elected you,you were appointed to your job.
an elected representative of the people has every right to know what you are doing with our money.

the new secretary of labor can do an accounting of what the heck the money was being spent on during the Obama years, or maybe congress can find out after all it is they who approve department budgets and allocate the money.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Has anyone read what the new Labor Secretary is quoted as saying about working people here in America???

“Have you ever been to a fast food restaurant and the employees are sitting and you’re wondering, ‘Why are they sitting?'” Puzder asked. “They are on what is called a mandatory break.” He shared a laugh with the interviewer, saying the so-called nanny state is why Carl’s Jr. doesn’t open up any new restaurants in California anymore.

Some people just can't take a good joke.

Never let a good joke go to waste !!

The guilty ones are always insulted.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying he was just joking??? Because when taken along with everything else about him, he's certainly not joking.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying he was just joking??? Because when taken along with everything else about him, he's certainly not joking.

It's alt-right humor. You know, when they all laugh at poor people for making very little over very long hours doing very crappy work. Mentally competent people don't find it to be a joke. More like, gross and disgraceful.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

It's also very self defeating since the Alt-Right are usually the ones working those hard jobs for low pay without any recognition. I mean that is why they are so pissed off about everything and think Trump will change it for them.

They should really be the last people making jokes about it.

I don't understand what's so funny about it and I'm not sure why they find it funny either.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
the guy is having a fit about having to give his employees breaks, what's he gonna do after he automates his restaurant and a major piece of machinery fails and the production line is down while they order new parts, wait around for the shipment of those parts come in, and the machine is fixed??

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'm wondering who he thinks will be buying his burgers once nobody has any working class jobs anymore because they've all been automated.

Robots and People with lots of money don't eat fast food very often.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't post much, but want to let it be known you're one of my favorite posters.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
FOIA will be what takes the Obama Administration down.

Which is unintentionally hilarious because of ...........
www.slate.com...

During a presidential campaign, there's no such thing as over-sharing. Barack Obama promised to run the most transparent White House in history—disclosing donations, shunning lobbyists, and broadcasting important meetings on C-SPAN. Transition captain John Podesta reiterated the point Tuesday when he said Obama's would be "the most open and transparent transition in history."

Who is that John Podesta guy? I think I have heard his name recently????

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

OH my God !!

What a bombshell !!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Nitpicking here but I think anyone not in a military uniform is a civilian. I was in the Army and we were taught that cops are civilian police force, and government officials outside of DOD were civilians, also all those spooks are civilians too BC they don't do the grunt work. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, carry on

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join