It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secretary of Labor Is Officially Triggered By the Trump Transition

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I really dont like Perez, but playing the devils advocate here....

Trump is still technically a "civilian" he doesnt have the office yet, although Im not sure what information he is allowed to have YET, im sure there is some that he cannot

You do know it's a waste of time trying to explain anything to Trumps kids don't you? Some people just cannot understand the difference between President elect and President.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Trump is still technically a "civilian" he doesnt have the office yet, although Im not sure what information he is allowed to have YET, im sure there is some that he cannot

I would think if he's able to get intelligence briefings he would be able to inquire about department spending.

He should get that info if he starts attending the intelligence briefings.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: xuenchen
So it's now illegal for a President-elect to ask what a department was doing? But Obama said he was going to be transparent, LOL.

Wikileaks gave the Democrats the transparency they've been promising for 8 years, and we've all seen how that turned out...

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Actually he's "president elect" not even close to a civilian

nice try

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

You do know it's a waste of time trying to explain anything to Trumps kids don't you? Some people just cannot understand the difference between President elect and President.

what an ignorant comment. But right on line for you I suppose. Will Trump have the ability to find out this information after inauguration?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
FOIA will be what takes the Obama Administration down.

Which is unintentionally hilarious because of ...........
www.slate.com...

During a presidential campaign, there's no such thing as over-sharing. Barack Obama promised to run the most transparent White House in history—disclosing donations, shunning lobbyists, and broadcasting important meetings on C-SPAN. Transition captain John Podesta reiterated the point Tuesday when he said Obama's would be "the most open and transparent transition in history."

Who is that John Podesta guy? I think I have heard his name recently????

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

why the hell is this idiot Podesta still in any position of power? it's his stupidity that caused the implosion of the DNC. Not that it wasn't kind of fun to watch, but damn.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
ALL information related to government spending should be a matter of public record for EVERYONE to access and examine, not just appointed government flunkies.
After all, it is our money being spent and we have a right to ensure it is being spent wisely. Too often the money is spent without oversight or accountability.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I am impressed that Trump is already working hard to gather this kind of information in advance of his inauguration.
He is setting things up to make changes starting on day one.
I have hope that we are going to see significant improvements quickly.
He will get things done.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

what an ignorant comment. But right on line for you I suppose. Will Trump have the ability to find out this information after inauguration?

Trump is a civilian right now not the President I know it's hard for the clueless ones to understand something like that.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Trump is a civilian right now not the President I know it's hard for the clueless ones to understand something like that.

Even when Trump becomes President he will still be a "civilian".
The Presidency is a civilian position.
Even the Commander in Chief is considered a civilian title.

Civilian control of the military is so ingrained in America that we hardly give it a second thought. Most Americans don't realize how special this relationship is and how it has contributed to the country.

The framers of the U.S. Constitution worked to ensure the military would be under civilian control. They did not want to emulate the European experience. The colonies had just fought a war for freedom from Britain. The king controlled the British military, and the framers had no interest in duplicating that system.

When they wrote the Constitution they separated the responsibilities for the military, placing the responsibilities firmly in civilian hands.

Why Civilian Control of the Military?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It's funny when a member of the party of the poor and gay calls other people clueless. There's a reason trump won and it was because white working class people switched sides because of people like you. Keep it up.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Maybe we'll find out the truth about those unemployment number claims.

Frigging can't WAIT for honor to return to the Whitehouse and subsequent offices come Jan 21st!

I feel the same way about the excitement of Trump's official appointment but I am concerned about these inquiries as well. It gives the current administration time to destroy evidence which seems all too easy to do these days. I wish Trump would just keep his mouth shut and then go full boar after he is in office, after he has removed all the dirty scum from the pond so he can have a smooth, organized investigation.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I am impressed that Trump is already working hard to gather this kind of information in advance of his inauguration.
He is setting things up to make changes starting on day one.
I have hope that we are going to see significant improvements quickly.
He will get things done.

I was impressed with Donald Trumps tweet.....

# Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future Presidents ....but

costs are out of control ... more than 4 billion!

# Cancel order!

He later added ...

# The cost is totally out of control. its ridiculous, I think Boeing is doing a bit of

a number on us. We want Boeing to make a lot of money .... only not that much

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 28-12-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
TRUMP YEAH! TAKE THAT PEREZ! NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN BEOTCHES!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

Don't worry children in a few weeks you'll have your sanctuary, 100% Republican, you can do and pass anything you want. Won't it be great. Somehow I think you are as scared as I am.

I would like to think that I will expect some level of accountability from the federal government, regardless of which part they serve. I have lost all respect for the Republicans in congress, because they have capitulated to the left on every issue. Maybe I will just sit back and think fondly on a phrase that I have heard many times, "America's chickens have come home to roost". This isn't the first time I have been proud to be American, but it has been a rough 8 years

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

Don't worry children in a few weeks you'll have your sanctuary, 100% Republican, you can do and pass anything you want. Won't it be great. Somehow I think you are as scared as I am.

Ehhhh...not yet they ain't.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

He is the president elect. He has access to everything but cannot create policy. (although he is...:up

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I would think if he's able to get intelligence briefings he would be able to inquire about department spending.

He should get that info if he starts attending the intelligence briefings.

The CIA seems to be trying to help draw us in to a war with Russia. Maybe Trump is right to avoide those breifings.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Such class. Great example of how not to act. Can we expect 8 years of your butthurt classiness? You really need to invest in some tissue and a salt grinder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join