It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secretary of Labor Is Officially Triggered By the Trump Transition

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Another Obama Administration "official" has been triggered by requests from the Trump Transition Team.

Trump is asking some serious questions and now the U.S. Labor Secretary Tom Perez is flipping out.

All they want is explanations for spending.

So Perez says this is illegal to ask.

What is he so afraid of I wonder?

Secretary of Labor Is Officially Triggered By the Trump Transition

Labor Secretary Tom Perez says President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team’s inquiries into government agencies are against the law.

“Those questions have no place in a transition. That is illegal,” Perez, who is running for chairman of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), told CBS Radio News in an exclusive interview Friday.

“Will dedicated career people be targeted because they were doing the right work?”

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Obama certainly knows how to pick his patsies and stool pigeons, and mooks.

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

But if Mr. Perez wants examples of illegal acts he should read the court opinion smacking down his own department’s abuse of federal law and blatant arrogation of unconstitutional power to itself.

Somebody sounds guilty as Hell. Why would he be worried about anyone asking how money was spent?.....unless it went places it wasn't supposed to go.

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Maybe we'll find out the truth about those unemployment number claims.

Frigging can't WAIT for honor to return to the Whitehouse and subsequent offices come Jan 21st!

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
So it's now illegal for a President-elect to ask what a department was doing? But Obama said he was going to be transparent, LOL.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Don't worry children in a few weeks you'll have your sanctuary, 100% Republican, you can do and pass anything you want. Won't it be great. Somehow I think you are as scared as I am.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Spoken like a man who is currently crapping his pants.

If its illegal now all they need to do is wait 3 weeks and then ask and hopefully expose whatever it is this weak fecker is crapping himself about.

This is the quote that really makes me go Hmmmmmmm though

Will dedicated career people be targeted because they were doing the right work?

What work were they doing that he thinks there is the potential for them being targeted?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
edit on 27/12/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

Don't worry children in a few weeks you'll have your sanctuary, 100% Republican, you can do and pass anything you want. Won't it be great. Somehow I think you are as scared as I am.

That's assuming the Senate gets 60 votes on some legislation.

There's hope some Democrat Senators will see the light.

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is EXACTLY what the 'establishmentarians' have been SOOOOOOOO afraid of: an OUTSIDER winds up in charge, and first thing says "OK, now let's take a look at the 'books'!". The 'game' is up.

edit on 12/27/2016 by WAstateMosin because: spelling:h

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I really dont like Perez, but playing the devils advocate here....

Trump is still technically a "civilian" he doesnt have the office yet, although Im not sure what information he is allowed to have YET, im sure there is some that he cannot

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
it`s illegal for the president to know how the tax payers money is being spent? that doesn`t sound right to me.

The president was elected by the people and is the representative of the people, who elected you mr secretary of labor? oh that`s right nobody elected you,you were appointed to your job.
an elected representative of the people has every right to know what you are doing with our money.

the new secretary of labor can do an accounting of what the heck the money was being spent on during the Obama years, or maybe congress can find out after all it is they who approve department budgets and allocate the money.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A democratic secretary of LABOR would be angry that people are going to get their jobs back and get back to WORK.

edit on 12/27/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

But if Mr. Perez wants examples of illegal acts he should read the court opinion smacking down his own department’s abuse of federal law and blatant arrogation of unconstitutional power to itself.

Somebody sounds guilty as Hell. Why would he be worried about anyone asking how money was spent?.....unless it went places it wasn't supposed to go.

Just like I said back when they passed the PATRIOT act: If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear being discovered. Looks like you agree

edit on 12/27/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I foresee many Inspector General reports in 2017.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Labor Secretary Tom Perez says President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team’s inquiries into government agencies are against the law.

If you were born last nite you would believe that.

It's not against the law to ask how TAX PAYER money is spent.

For effs sake.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

If you were born last nite you would believe that.

It's not against the law to ask how TAX PAYER money is spent.

For effs sake.

Well Perez is running for the DNC Chair.

No wonder he's nervous !!!!

A DNC Chair is supposed to know how to hide things.

Labor Secretary Tom Perez Running For DNC Chair

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I don't think there is an honest person in that entire party.

He's gonna fit in so nicely.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm actually worried Trump will let past transgressions slide in the name of grace. The thing is, even if he replaces the people in this agencies they'll STILL be hanging around around DC, working against him.

If he finds ANY corruption it must be rooted out and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I want those bastards heading for the hills!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

No worries here I didn't vote but I thinks there's a change a coming

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I really dont like Perez, but playing the devils advocate here....

Trump is still technically a "civilian" he doesnt have the office yet, although Im not sure what information he is allowed to have YET, im sure there is some that he cannot

I would think if he's able to get intelligence briefings he would be able to inquire about department spending.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join