It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Robots

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I of the mind that the best way of exploring the universe even at the level of technology that the aliens seem to possess would be through the use of robotics. It is easier, safer as well as cheaper.
I would think that the first "probe" would probably be in the form of AI nanobots that could ride with comets, asteroids etc. The use of nanobots, in this way would be extremely cost effective although time consuming.
The deployment of nanobots, would be virtually undetectable so that the aliens could first determine if there is even anything worth looking at on the new world. The nanobots could also determine if it would be safe for visitation by larger (the Greys who are most likely biological robots or androids). Once the Greys investigate, then they could inform the controllers if it is safe to come to the new world.
To me, I think this would be the most likely scenario. Any thouights?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Originally posted by mpeake
Sooooooo...It makes complete sense that in a situation like doing reconnaissance, and even close quarter warfare (if it came to that) that aliens would use "robots". I would think that most, if not all personal contact with alien entities on earth are robotic. Why send a live being, when a robot will do?

We have to take into consideration the possibility that personal contact between aliens and humans might be one of the goals of abductions/encounters/CE4 experiences. After all, many abduction reports seem to indicate that the aliens are interested in the way humans react psychologically to varying situations... and that the aliens actively 'link' their minds to that of their subjects during examinations/encounters. If the actual goal of all of this activiety IS to have personal contact with humans... the need for robots while doing 'close' work would be minimized.

If they were going to do close work on humans and they sent robots. You do not think that they would be more equipped to detect fear and I am sure that they have machines that can do stuff better than them.

Name one thing that a human can do that we haven't made a machine yet to do better or HELP out with and very soon we will be making stuff that will do it better ????

CAN ANYONE NAME ANYTHING THAT WE CAN DO BETTER THAN A MACHINE ???

Besides the fact that we can build a machine and take it apart and have common sense.

WE DO NOT EVEN HAVE THAT MUCH TECHNOLOGY AND YET WE CAN STILL CREATE ANYTHING THAT WE CAN DO.

That should tell you how much we have mastered our own bodies and capabiliteis.

[edit on 1/28/2005 by bet555]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
In Discover magazine, the writers brought up the possibility that an advanced race could colonize vast areas of space, even a parallel universe using nanobots. These bots would have the aliens' DNA complete with their stored personalities, be programmed to work together to set up a civilization somewhere else, and create clones of the aliens. It certainly beats freezing yourself if folding time or faster-than-light travel isn't possible. Of course it's all science fiction now, but who knows how far we will progress in a few thousand years or so?

[edit on 28-1-2005 by zhangmaster]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555

You can make a UCAV that could take a certain G-Force. Then why couldn't you make a certain suit that would cover you up. Just like it is covering up those vital wires that hold everything together inside of the robot. =-) ... You can make a Computer but it will never be able to repair itself like your brain. Also you can make wires but they will never be as durable as your veins or nervous system. And none of them will be as fast as your brain can respond to something that you feel.

I do have to say that to a point that this would be true and after a certain.

You cant just block G forces with some type of shielding it don't work that way.

You can make robotic parts that are way stronger then anything in the human body. You can make wires ten times more durable then any human veins, I can use tungsten or carbon nanotubes to make parts of robots humans can even compare to that. Humans are pretty much flesh waterbags our bodies can even compare to robotic ones in term of strength and durablity.

Pretty much the only thing we have better then robots right now is brain power which still is far better then machines in terms of number of calculations per second. But expect that to change in about 20-30 years.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Pretty much the only thing we have better then robots right now is brain power which still is far better then machines in terms of number of calculations per second. But expect that to change in about 20-30 years.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

Dude the human brain is way more complicated then any robot brain today.
It'll take more than 30 years to have the same capacity, memorage, calculations, learning abilities, improvisation and so on.

If a robot is programmed to do one thing then yea it will be better then the human brain is in concentrating on that task.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Many Computer and A.I experts have estimated that by 2020-2025 Computers will be able to do as many calculations per second as the human brain about 100 million MIPS of computer power. By 2050 a million times that many.

Machines are evolving a million times faster then humans Theres still catching up to do but not for long and then they will leave us in the dust.

www.transhumanist.com...

library.thinkquest.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Besides the fact that we can build a machine and take it apart and have common sense.

Operate a vehicle on a busy freeway, while talking on the phone, applying makeup, eating a sandwhich, and flipping off the guy next to you.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Many Computer and A.I experts have estimated that by 2020-2025 Computers will be able to do as many calculations per second as the human brain about 100 million MIPS of computer power. By 2050 a million times that many.

Machines are evolving a million times faster then humans Theres still catching up to do but not for long and then they will leave us in the dust.

Yes the thinking part is near but when it comes to acting with the thinking I do think computers are way behind.........

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555

I wouldn't just shrug off the value of 'common sense'. A lot of AI researchers will tell you that 'common sense' involves much more abstract thinking than we might assume at first.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

Operate a vehicle on a busy freeway, while talking on the phone, applying makeup, eating a sandwhich, and flipping off the guy next to you.

I could srite a SIMPLE ; IF/ELSE Loop to do that ... With sensors ... that would do everything you need to do ... Actually I could probably write an If Else loop that would do all of that for you while you were in the car. =-) ... But the technology to make my loop work is another completely different story ... Just cause we have the software to make it work doesn't mean we have the HARDWARE.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Soooooo, you need both the software and the hardware to make a robot that can do what I suggested better than a human. It's not my fault that the hardware is not ready. You asked what can we do better than a robot. Not what can we do better than a robot assuming that the hardware is more advanced.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Cope with unexpected situations.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Many UFO reports, dating back to even the early UFO waves of the 1940s, center around small, spherical or discoid objects that appear to manuever at speeds and turning rates that would kill most biological entities (that we know of). I think it's very possible that such mini UFOs -- which there have been many sightings of -- could be the alien equivalent of a robotic probe.

Of course, isn't it also possible that the ships could be envolped in a sort of "anti-intertia" field, which would make the occpants of such a ship completely immune to the maneuvering of the vessel? ie: the 80's film "Explorers" about the kids that use an alien anti-inertial technology to visit an alien ship

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468

Of course, isn't it also possible that the ships could be envolped in a sort of "anti-intertia" field, which would make the occpants of such a ship completely immune to the maneuvering of the vessel? ie: the 80's film "Explorers" about the kids that use an alien anti-inertial technology to visit an alien ship

Sure its possible but I doubt its cheaper,safer and easier then just using robots. Think about how much energy it might need to run something like that when compared to the energy to run a simple robot.

Its like a anti-matter reactor or a car battery

Cheaper and easier means more crafts for your money and resourses which would be very important in space exploration. 10 ships can cover more ground then 1.

I dont know it just seems logical to do it that way

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Sure its possible but I doubt its cheaper,safer and easier then just using robots. Think about how much energy it might need to run something like that when compared to the energy to run a simple robot.

Its like a anti-matter reactor or a car battery

Cheaper and easier means more crafts for your money and resourses which would be very important in space exploration. 10 ships can cover more ground then 1.

I dont know it just seems logical to do it that way

Of course, going a little further along that line of logic, doesn't it also stand to reason that, when we know little to nothing about the extent of alien technologies, couldn't they also have some sort of power source that we can't even fathom with our technology that could have the same output at 100,000 nuclear reactors, yet be highly cost efficient, safe, and small enough to use in a vessel?

Of course, regarding this, we really can't do too much more than speculate, and speculation is only limited by the human imagination. I do agree that robots would be more efficient in many space travel applications, but suppose, as was stated earlier in this thread, that the experiments are mostly psychological in nature, wouldn't it then stand to reason that there are live beings performing these experiments, rather than robots?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Obsidian--

In the following dialogue, apparently they are talking about what you describe as an "anti-inertia field":

Gene: Because of many stories we have of flying saucers, people will be interested to know if humans would be permitted to travel in any of these vehicles?
Tom: It would be necessary, before they could travel in a vehicle, to have a vehicle around them.
Gene: Does this mean that the atmosphere within your vehicles will be different, or that the stress of the movement would be dangerous?
Tom: The stress of the movement. It would be possible to move within your Earth atmosphere, but to take them out would require another vehicle inside a vehicle, but it could be done.

"Gene" is Gene Roddenberry, creator of the "Star Trek" TV series, who is supposed to be here in a channelling session organized by Phyllis Schlemmer, co-author of The Only Planet of Choice, where this dialogue appears,and Tom, who they claim is a member of the Council of Nine, a group of "Tribunal Teachers governing our immediate super-galactic and galactic region etc. etc.".

Be warned that these ETs are among those that have been saying that they will presently arrive to help mankind. According to the channeled messages of both the Cassiopaeans and the Pleaiadians, this is a big lie that those that will enslave us have been spreading around so that they will be received as gods. However, this does not necessarily mean that those technical explanations, given by a trickster from outer space, if that is what he is, are inaccurate.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macrento

Tom: The stress of the movement. It would be possible to move within your Earth atmosphere, but to take them out would require another vehicle inside a vehicle, but it could be done.

This doesn't sound quite like the anti-inertia field I had in mind. Keep in mind, the movements observed with alleged UFOs would kill a person even within our atmosphere. Coming to a sudden and complete stop with no deceleration from 500 mph would throw a person so hard that they would end up a bloodstain on the opposite wall, and if restrained (by a seatbelt or the such), would be pushed through the belt, much like meat through a grinder, and then end up as a bloodstain on the opposite wall. The field shown in the film (and the film is a complete work of fiction) basically seals in whatever is inside of it. The object contained within the field is immune to the effects of gravity, intertia, friction, etc. that originate outside the field. This allowed the field to instantly get up to speed with no need for acceleration (0 to .999... light speed in 0.0 seconds), could come to a complete stop without need for deceleration, and would allow it to make a sudden 180 degree turn without need for deceleration or positioning. However, the complete seal of the field also locked out any source of oxygen, and all that was available within the field is what was inside the field when it was generated.

A technology like this would be very useful for our space exploration program, and could also be used by aliens visiting us. However, with our current technologies, as far as I'm aware of them, it would be impossible to produce today. The technology does seem possible, however, as this is a universe of infinite possibility - just not with current human technology (and please, if someone knows of something that could make this possible, please let me know).

Side note - after proofreading this, it also occured to me that the field shown in the film is also made of energy, not matter, though the force is so strong, that it appears to have mass. Does this mean that the field could accelerate past the light speed barrier, and since the occupants inside the field would be protected from any effects originating outside the field, would this mean that the occupants would survive this trip? Interesting to contemplate....

[edit on 1/31/2005 by obsidian468]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It had to occur to you, since a material force field is entirely inconceivable.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The Israeli UFO reports back in 1996 onwards did include a lot of descritptions of giant robots.

There's older occupant and ET alien recorded reports too, various eyewitnesses saying they saw beings coming out of, or into, or in association with UFOs - quite a lot of robot ones.

As to smaller robots, how about what Terence McKenna called "machine elves of hyperspace" -

those also sound a bit like the eggs associated with the Incunabula and Ong's Hat - not the eggs that people apparently went inside, the ones that look like little machines.

and the Speilberg movie,

*batteries not included

???

If you are aware of various 'creation interrupted' descriptions - such as in Sitchin's books and in books such as 'The Gods of Eden' by William Bramley, then you might wish to consider that if the evolution here was not disrupted, then it is possible that the inner Earth - metals, crystals, rocks and so forth, would have evolved into natural versions of what we build as machines thesedays.

Or have already at some point.

There is some arguement that our biological fragility is a bit akin to being a crustecean with no shell.

There's all kinds of info. availible about the Earth-up creation, and conflicts with the Sky-down creation. Gets called various things, one set of terms is the Wotan and Kristur version - the Kristur or sky-downwards one is about taking Earth-up beings and speeding up their evolution, or, grafting other stuff ontop of them - which sounds very like the genetic tampering in the Sitchin and Bramley books etc descritpions.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Powerplant
The aliens robots could be organic robots, whatever that would look like.

My best guess:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join