It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Robots

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
We always hear about aliens like the Greys,Reptoids,Nordic ect.. All of which seem to be organic lifeforms. But wouldn't there be a high chance the first alien contact we would run into would be robotic?

Robots in our own space travel have gone places humans can only dream of going right now. Robot are just so much better suited to space travel then any organic lifeform on earth. Cold, time, lack of oxygen and water mean very little to a robot.

I wanted to know if anyone ever reported alien robots or perhaps thought some known aliens like the Greys could infact be robotic.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
That is very logical. The limits in Robotics for us is one thing. But for a race that has been around millennia before us it defies imagination.
We could very well be encountering extra-terrestrial robotics all the time.
They could be insects. Imagine the observation possibilities. Those cockroaches could be spying on us and sending a signal back to a orbiting craft or to another solar system.
The possibilities with alien robotics are endless.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I didnt even think about tiny robots good point that also opens up the door to nanobots. I mean we are just getting started with nanotech but in a few hundred years it will be amazing.

I doubt we would even detect a nanobot on or in our bodies.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Some interesting posts here.

You bring up a good point, but robotics are our current technology. Maybe the aliens have technology we can't imagine: like a pill that lets their bodies acclimate to any atmosphere. Perhaps they are robots that just appear organic. I don't know.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I always thought that the greys were a sort of biological robot.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by smilee187
I always thought that the greys were a sort of biological robot.

I'fe read that also somewhere. That grays are incapable of disision making and are controlled by the 'real' aliens. There are some abducties that testify when they where examend by the aliens, there were small ones that did the hands-on examination, and that the bigger ones where telepatic speaking to the abductee...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Though, if you think about it, is there a difference between "organic" and "robotic" at high levels of technology? Isn't "life" just complex technology that we have not yet gotten the hang of? Robots don't have to be a bunch of nuts, bolts, and metal - and at higher levels of technology, at nano-technology and beyond, there are no limits to what we can synthetically engineer in a lab, so the definitions of "life" and what is "robotic" would have to drastically change as our knowledge and abilities grow.

When you watch thought-provoking movies like "AI: Artificial Intelligence" etc, they begin to merge what is "organic" with what is not, and if you go beyond that, anything we now call "organic" can simply be a type of technology, among many types of technologies that you can use to create a "living" creature (whatever "living" will mean 100+ years from now).

So speaking of the grays, it is quite possible that they are more or less cybergenetic "probes", maybe even probes of our beloved "reptillians"! I mean if you can just design and program an autonomous (or at least partially) entity to do a lot of "dirty work" for you of monitoring civilizations (sorta like we use spy satellites to monitor other countries), collecting and experimenting with samples of those civilizations (abductions) like we now do with animals, then why not!

The question is, would we even have enough knowledge to be able to TELL which are cybergenetic or "robotic" and which are not? That would depend on just how far ahead of us are those "aliens", but when it comes to the Grays, I doubt it. This is like a caveman opening up a computer and knowing which one is a Celeron and which one is a Pentium, and what the difference is.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The aliens robots could be organic robots, whatever that would look like.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I suspect my wife is an alien robot sometimes. Its true.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Many UFO reports, dating back to even the early UFO waves of the 1940s, center around small, spherical or discoid objects that appear to manuever at speeds and turning rates that would kill most biological entities (that we know of). I think it's very possible that such mini UFOs -- which there have been many sightings of -- could be the alien equivalent of a robotic probe.

So far as robots that manipulate their environment go... I think it's important to note that, beyond the notion that the grays are really engineered beings, many people believe that humans were engineered by unknown aliens or an unknown purpose (thus making us biological robots).

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Right now, the US Military are developing and using several types of "robots" to do reconnaissance type work in our wars. In the near future, I would imagine that a very large percentage of our military frontlines will be robotic. Why, becuase they are more profficient, and it minimizes the loss of human life.

Sooooooo...It makes complete sense that in a situation like doing reconnaissance, and even close quarter warfare (if it came to that) that aliens would use "robots". I would think that most, if not all personal contact with alien entities on earth are robotic. Why send a live being, when a robot will do?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but it would be like the imperial probe droid that shows up on hoth right ?

that makes sense to me, you don't have to deal with a "biological" traveller and the fuel and waste issues, g-forces etc.....

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've said this before and i'll say it again. When humans say that it is impossible for anything to travel such a long distance or live without oxygen, that only applies to humans. Aliens could be able to live under any kind of conditions but we don't know that. I just hate when people say that aliens can't do something just because we can't.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but it would be like the imperial probe droid that shows up on hoth right ?

that makes sense to me, you don't have to deal with a "biological" traveller and the fuel and waste issues, g-forces etc.....

I think the imperial droid is a great analogy

theghost88 nobody is saying aliens cant do it just that its easier for robots to do it. If you are any type of alien that developed on a planet or moon its very likely your body is not ideal for space travel. I dont know of a single organic lifeform on earth that is well suited for space.

You could be far diffferent from any life on earth breath methane and drink ethanol and still space is going to be harsh for you.

I cant see any time in the future that a organic lifeform would be better suited to space then a machine.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

You could be far diffferent from any life on earth breath methane and drink ethanol and still space is going to be harsh for you.

I cant see any time in the future that a organic lifeform would be better suited to space then a machine.

Depends on how you travel in space too, doesn't it?

A machine may be better suited for space travel but how can they take on the G-force? It may affect them the way it does to human beings.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Powerplant

A machine may be better suited for space travel but how can they take on the G-force? It may affect them the way it does to human beings.

Well if you built it right a machine could take G forces that would turn a human to mush. Thats one reason the future of UCAVs is bright you could make a UCAV that could take a 20 G turn something a human cant do.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
fighter jets seem to take g's much better than the pilots
, I'd assume the same could be said for robots or droids....

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There are a few cases of reported alien robots...mostly in the early days (40's-60's) of the phenomenon...

Of course, many hold that the Greys are bio-robots....genetically engineered lifeforms that are created to serve as living robots to their masters. Who knows?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by Powerplant

Well if you built it right a machine could take G forces that would turn a human to mush. Thats one reason the future of UCAVs is bright you could make a UCAV that could take a 20 G turn something a human cant do.

You can make a UCAV that could take a certain G-Force. Then why couldn't you make a certain suit that would cover you up. Just like it is covering up those vital wires that hold everything together inside of the robot. =-) ... You can make a Computer but it will never be able to repair itself like your brain. Also you can make wires but they will never be as durable as your veins or nervous system. And none of them will be as fast as your brain can respond to something that you feel.

I do have to say that to a point that this would be true and after a certain.

[edit on 1/28/2005 by bet555]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Sooooooo...It makes complete sense that in a situation like doing reconnaissance, and even close quarter warfare (if it came to that) that aliens would use "robots". I would think that most, if not all personal contact with alien entities on earth are robotic. Why send a live being, when a robot will do?

We have to take into consideration the possibility that personal contact between aliens and humans might be one of the goals of abductions/encounters/CE4 experiences. After all, many abduction reports seem to indicate that the aliens are interested in the way humans react psychologically to varying situations... and that the aliens actively 'link' their minds to that of their subjects during examinations/encounters. If the actual goal of all of this activiety IS to have personal contact with humans... the need for robots while doing 'close' work would be minimized.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join