It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did CIA "OFF' Bob Marley and John Lennon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
On the surface it looks pretty preposterous, but we have two people in the entertainment industry who's artistic ability were winning the hearts and minds of a generation. They were not neutral on their criticism of world affairs. We have good reason to believe that most of the news is manufactured, and that many stars in the entertainment industry have dubious links to "controllers". suspiciousdeaths.blogspot.co.nz... Why did the son of the CIA director give Marley a pair of boots?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Bob wasnt a CIA hit..... he was done in by his own people.... it took more than one attempt but he had made some serious enemies in his homeland.... some very nasty people ruled Jamaica when Bob was doing his thing

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

So their plan was to stick him in the foot with cancer and wait 5 years?
And then let Peter Tosh (arguably the more dangerous of the 2 to the CIA) live another 6 years?

It doesn't sound too plausible.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

John Lennon? Maybe...

But Bob Marley?

He died of lung cancer.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Oh, it must have been the CIA. Would this be because the evidence that it was not, is so compelling?

John Lennon was not really a good musician outside of the Beatles (IMHO) and his political activism was no more important than a hundred and one other musicians who protested against e.g Vietnam. Like others, he was watched by the FBI, like that was not unusual at the time. He was murdered by a nutcase called Mark Chapman, who was not CIA.

Bob Marley died of cancer. His politics was not really anything to impact the USA

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Not entirely true. He died of a type of malignant melanoma, which was first found under a nail of his toe. This then spread to his lungs and brain, and which finally caused his death.

And the story about the CIA and the boot I never heard of before.. sounds interesting, but the only source I can find on this is mentioning the documentary maker Lew Lee? Tried to find some more (credible) sources on this story, but didn't find any other except some that mention the same Lew Lee.. if anyone finds something else, please share it!

Could Bob be silenced by the CIA? I doubt it at this point, but I wouldn't be totally surprised either if it one day "turned out to be true".. in the end, he was all for what "TPTB" are against: love & unity.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised either
edit on 27-12-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Not saying that he was, but IMO it is certainly not unthinkable that "nutcases", or people that are highly susceptible to i.e. hypnosis, can be trained/programmed to kill by intelligence agencies.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I had heard the rumor before that the CIA had tried to kill him and just got lucky that he died of cancer...I had never heard about the boot. Need to do some more research though before I jump in head first.

I do think that he was someone that was listened to so the government did not like him speaking (singing)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Oh, it must have been the CIA. Would this be because the evidence that it was not, is so compelling?

John Lennon was not really a good musician outside of the Beatles (IMHO) and his political activism was no more important than a hundred and one other musicians who protested against e.g Vietnam. Like others, he was watched by the FBI, like that was not unusual at the time. He was murdered by a nutcase called Mark Chapman, who was not CIA.

Bob Marley died of cancer. His politics was not really anything to impact the USA

John Lennon was brilliant, and generally acknowledged as one of the two geniuses behind the Beatles, alongside Paul.. Also, he did have some good songs after.

That's not what made him a threat. It was the fact, as the op noted, that he was immensely popular and radicalized from the end of the 60's onwards, not only heavily protesting western empire and war, but also encouraging people to throw off the false identities and social constructs we are enslaved by. A LOT of people were listening, and following suit. That, is the biggest threat to the power structure.

I'm not saying he was offed by the CIA, but the gov definitely was keeping tabs on him via the FBI, and wanted to get him out of the US.

I recommend the documentary the "People versus John Lennon," which documents the US government's surveillance of Lennon and efforts to deport him.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

There are certainly a lot of Jamaicans who believe he was killed by the CIA. I heard it often every time I was there. Lots of people believe the nasty people who shot at him were paid by some government---it wasn't just neighborhood violence. That sort of thing was very rare in those days.
He was dangerous to the corrupt government in Jamaica. He was telling people to be independent of the government. No government wants that. They fear a liberated people. He had personally liberated about 500 people of the poverty that the government had kept them in. He gave them jobs. At the time of his death his music business was supporting about 200 families in addition to his own.

I've little doubt that the CIA could cause death by cancer, or heart attack or any other horrible way to die. I don't know if they killed Bob Marley or John Lennon but I'm pretty sure they were involved in knocking off the Kennedys so entertainers wouldn't be a problem for them.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: snchrnct
Not saying that he was, but IMO it is certainly not unthinkable that "nutcases", or people that are highly susceptible to i.e. hypnosis, can be trained/programmed to kill by intelligence agencies.

Oh, right. Just like the movies? Back in the real world.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

There's a video interview with someone who I think witnessed the boot incident and was told a few years later by a CIA man, 'If I wanted to kill someone I'd persuade them to try on a pair of boots'. I've looked but I can't find the video. It's there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Their have been actual prosecutions where a hypnotist has hypnotised a subject to kill another party. The hypnotist got life, and the guy who did the deed got a vastly reduced sentence. Carl Jung hypnotised his secretary with the shiny top of his pen, just to prove that you can be hypnotised and not realise it. Add a drug into the equation like scopolamine and its no longer a probability.

edit on 28-12-2016 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Derren Brown has convinced people to murder on one of his TV shows.

It was all staged, but the "murderer" didn't know.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
My understanding of Bob Marley was that he could have stopped the cancer spreading by amputating his toe, but he refused due to his religion. Either way it's a bit of a high-risk assassination method.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
Their have been actual prosecutions where a hypnotist has hypnotised a subject to kill another party.

Care to point me in the direction of any proper sources to back up your claim here? Some people have attempted to use hypnosis as a defence, but have rarely won. I cannot find any evidence there have been a successful defence in recent times, that a person has committed a serious crime while in a hypnotic trance.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Could you please explain why the CIA would assassinate John Lennon and Bob Marley but not, say, Bob Dylan or Jane Fonda?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

It was all staged, but the "murderer" didn't know.

Of course the "murderer" knew. He was a willing participant in what he knew to be a staged demonstration.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
blinks - are you REALLY implying that the CIA has boots that give you lung cancer ???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join