It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

--Intuitive Reasoning, A Simplistic Example-- Click and Read!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Okay. I dislike the word intuition so instead I use, "Intuitive Reasoning", because it eliminates the methodical connotations behind the word intuition which follows skeptism from some and lathargy to get past the premise of one single word.

Besides that, I would like to give a simple example of my intuitive reasoning. Sometimes when I go to a chinese restaurant and get the little fortune cookies at the end of the meal, sometime those fortune cookies are actually meant to be where they are. For example, today, my friend has been working extremely hard and has tried to perfect the problems at her job and I had the feeling that I should switch fortune cookies with her because the other one, which I had, was meant for her. While on the other hand, the one she had was meant for me, so I traded her. Anyways my fortune cookie summarized my hopes and ambitions in life and practically said that I would achieve them, or for a quote it said, "You will travel far and wide for both business and pleasure." Which is the only reason I continue this journey in life, to travel. I felt it was there especially for me, even before reading it.
My friend's read, "Everyone admires your talent and work ethic", which was what she needed to hear, exactly what she needed to hear.

What is behind the intuitive reasoning, even in its most simplistic form? Is it some greater cosmic plan or what. Because in reality we are nothing more than a tiny millimeter of a spec upon the greater universe, so why is it that we feel these things that are meant to happen and we choose for them to happen through our intuitive reasons, because in reality, we are insignificant, so my real question may be, why are these moments meant to happen when we are so insignificant in the grand scheme of things?

[edit on 27-1-2005 by The Division Bell]

Mod Edit:to remove ALL-CAP typing from thread title.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell
What is behind the intuitive reasoning, even in its most simplistic form? Is it some greater cosmic plan or what. Because in reality we are nothing more than a tiny millimeter of a spec upon the greater universe, so why is it that we feel these things that are meant to happen and we choose for them to happen through our intuitive reasons, because in reality, we are insignificant, so my real question may be, why are these moments meant to happen when we are so insignificant in the grand scheme of things?

[edit on 27-1-2005 by The Division Bell]

The thing about your fortune cookie event is that you aren't noticing the times where it made no sense for you to get that fortune. For some reason you felt u had to give it away and thats something i dont think i can explain. The point here is that, this intuitive reasoning is really not that special when you see all the times the inuitive reasoning hasnt worked out. You are only noticing the times it has worked. This makes sense because, lets face it, who wants to remember a time where it failed.

Have you ever done that before??...i mean traded a fortune cookie before??..if you have....did u notice it worked out??? This kinda thing is called confirmation bias.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yes, it has happened before, but sometimes not at all.

new topics

join