It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Columbus...history and questions....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So, in some other research I am doing, the Knights of Columbus have come up. I am interested in learning more about this group and their actions. They seem to be a bit behind the scenes for the Catholic Church and seem to be the largest group that the Church recruits from. I am in particular interested in their history of pedophilia and documented history of such for members and those they have supported. I will reference a few that I have found to get it started.

Jerry Sandusky:

Awarded Coach of the Year by the Knights of Columbus

Brandon Gray:

Founded Knights of Columbus Squires program and was Exec for Boy Scouts

Source

And 2 men who filed suit against Knights of Columbus for sheltering those that abused them:

Source

So, we ALL know the history of Catholic priests and pedophile claims, I want to know the history of the Knights of Columbus and their role in either pedophilia or the cover up of these actions. There is a LOT out there that I have been researching and like I stated, my research is more pointed to a specific allegation I am researching, but the Knights of Columbus seem to be a common theme for a lot of the stuff I am finding.

What is odd is that they are NOT well known, nor have a large social media presence, but ARE well known within the religious circle and have a lot of information out about child sex abuse.

Can anyone shed some more light on this group for me? Seems there are some MAJOR players that have been a part of this organization and the fact they are left out of almost every story is odd to me.

Major players being:

Source

With JFK being the most notable....

Anywho...any info at all from anyone that has real knowledge on this would be appreciated!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's over 100 years old and has over a million members. It's more or less inevitable that powerful, famous, infamous, and evil people will be found in it's ranks.

Not even really sure what information you're looking for exactly?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I was told by a senior military member of the Catholic church that the organisation was formed because of the papal bull that forbid its adherents to become freemasons. Like the masonic order it was a way to do good works and improve oneself in so doing. I suppose as conspiracy theorists we should collectively respond by saying "well he would say that". That is all I have to contribute so I will monitor this thread in the hope of learning more.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The Knights of Columbus is simply a community leadership outreach program created by the Catholic church, similar to the Masons or the Rotary Club, to aid and influence the community toward achieving Catholic values.

edit on 27-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
It's over 100 years old and has over a million members. It's more or less inevitable that powerful, famous, infamous, and evil people will be found in it's ranks.

Not even really sure what information you're looking for exactly?

Well...therein lies my problem. Over 100 Yeats old, over a million members and VERY related to the Catholic Church, but not a whole lot of info exists on them.

I do know they started the Squires program for younger members and have pushed it to compete with boyscouts, but have never heard of them until I started looking into some things.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

All I know is my dad was K of C.

It's not a secret society, it's a Catholic men's fraternity that took care of my mom when he passed and to associate them with pedophilia because of PRIESTS molesting is presumptuous.

Most K of C are not priests, pedophilia is not an issue as it's all adult men and proud Catholics.

If history is your desire, learn it. But don't presume it's a group with pederasts, as you have to be an adult to join it is hardly worth speculating about unless slander is your goal.

Although I am not naive, certainly it's happened, it is Catholicism after all.

Still, be fair, not all priests are pedophiles and K of C does much good.

Want to know about Catholic debauchery?

See: the Jesuits. I hope you have a lot of time though.
edit on 27-12-2016 by SethTsaddik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SethTsaddik

Interesting. You are a long time poster here and almost every single post you have made is on the religious forums here, the ones outside of these forums have to do with religion as well.

And no, KofC was not solely an adult "club". Hence the Squires program, now Colombian Squires....

I have read some stories and researched enough members to understand why this "club" exists...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I've been a Knight and our Family were leaders in our Council. I never saw anything questionable. Some of my fondest early memories were from the Kids Christmas Parties the K of C had. I'm sure there have been some creeps in the organization but the overall group are just normal Catholics that do a lot of good and have super cheap bars for their members!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

My interests should not be your concern, if I want to participate in a thread I do, but I like religion.

It's OK, people are always trying to uncover diabolical secrets of organizations, seldom succeeding.

I doubt K of C is concerned with you, or your judgement without facts gleaned from hearsay.

I am not. Have fun with your pedophilia investigations, though I recommend a better hobby.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
My grandfather was a member. He owned property and stores in Plymouth MA and gave much of his time and money to the community. He let those that could not pay for goods to have personal loans and did fund raisers for the poor. He lost most everything he had in the great depression. He prized his KofC sword.

new topics

top topics

join