It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your entire life is just to fill up space, most depressing thread ever

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

For me it was a strong belief in God. I believe if I put forth my best effort the tide will change.
You can never give up.
I personally felt he helped me along the way, too many coincidences and perfect timing to be just that.
I say all that to say take it for what it's worth, to have one shot at life, I felt I couldn't let myself down and see my life pass me by.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
MissingRUnext:

Somebody has to have a crappy meaningless life because that is what universe requires to function overall.

Why does it have to take someone to have a 'crappy meaningless life' for the universe to function? There is no rhyme or reason to life. Many will put themselves across as all wise and sage-like and try to persuade you otherwise, but there really is no point at all to life...none at all. The only point there is to life, is that which we ourselves give to it through the power of our imaginings.

There's no 'plan' to life. It does have a biological agenda imposed upon you by virtue of you existing, and that is to eat, procreate and sleep, ad nauseum, and after a certain amount of time..to simply die. Everything else in between are just fairy tales we tell ourselves constantly to blinker us from the harshness of reality. There isn't a single aspect in any society that is not an illusion.

The fact that you sound depressed from a cognizance of your circumstance informs me that you are quite awake to reality. Just keep on eating, sleeping, and procreating (if chance allows), for at least in that way, you are fulfilling something of an agenda; but, it is all relative and irrelevant in the last analysis.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MissingRUnext

So we are like couches or coffee tables, to be used really...

That definitely sucks.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join