It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cassini Sends Back New Image From Above Saturn's Hexagonal North Pole

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thanks to its course change ahead of the orbiters Grand Finale and the approach of Saturn's northern hemisphere Summer solstice the image shows the Hexagonal North Pole bathed in Sunlight , the picture also gives a great view of the inner rings.

The hexagon-shaped jet-stream is fully illuminated here. In this image, the planet appears darker in regions where the cloud deck is lower, such the region interior to the hexagon. Mission experts on Saturn's atmosphere are taking advantage of the season and Cassini's favorable viewing geometry to study this and other weather patterns as Saturn's northern hemisphere approaches Summer solstice.
This view looks toward the sunlit side of the rings from about 51 degrees above the ring plane. The image was taken with the Cassini spacecraft wide-angle camera on Sept. 9, 2016 using a spectral filter which preferentially admits wavelengths of near-infrared light centered at 728 nanometers
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Very cool image!

Thanks for sharing!

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I wonder who has the Alan wrench that fits that

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

IKEA? They give them out with most furniture....
edit on 27-12-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Thanks to its course change ahead of the orbiters Grand Finale and the approach of Saturn's northern hemisphere Summer solstice the image shows the Hexagonal North Pole bathed in Sunlight , the picture also gives a great view of the inner rings.

The hexagon-shaped jet-stream is fully illuminated here. In this image, the planet appears darker in regions where the cloud deck is lower, such the region interior to the hexagon. Mission experts on Saturn's atmosphere are taking advantage of the season and Cassini's favorable viewing geometry to study this and other weather patterns as Saturn's northern hemisphere approaches Summer solstice.
This view looks toward the sunlit side of the rings from about 51 degrees above the ring plane. The image was taken with the Cassini spacecraft wide-angle camera on Sept. 9, 2016 using a spectral filter which preferentially admits wavelengths of near-infrared light centered at 728 nanometers
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

yes..all CGI... - im sorry.

everytime They need to vampire human energy for something... then they come with their 'saturn pictures'... - people are too Stumped these days, to see it's but CGI

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm not gonna lie...but the primer fields dude on YouTube gave a pretty great explanation of this phenomenon...

Yep, I watched the primer fields in their entirety...
It feels good to admit that to y'all, my internet friends...
It's a secret I've been carrying and am glad it's finally out on the table...

-Christosterone
edit on 27-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: loNeNLI

Don't be sorry , you are wrong.
Welcome to ATS.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Cool image, albeit in infrared wavelengths and not what it would appear to the naked eye.

The Cassini mission is one of the most remarkable robotic space missions, returning a wealth of valuable scientific data along with some spectacular images. It's also been one of the most long-serving, so I'm gonna feel a bit sad when Cassini ends its mission, I'll also think "job bloody well done, mate!"

Cassini spacecarft has been our eyes, our virtual tourist cruise ship orbiting this planet and its moons.

Here are some Cassini images for you, created by yours truly from raw images:

Enceladus

Rhea

Mimas and Saturn's outer rings

Rhea dwarfed by Titan

An infrared image of Titan revealing hydrocarbon sand dunes below the thick clouds

edit on 27-12-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Great image, thanks, Gortex!
Star & Flag.

I don't buy the NASA explanation of the weird hexagonal shape
at the North Pole of Saturn.
To me, it remains a big mystery, and a key to a different,
more truthful science on how the Planets, Stars and Galaxies really work.
We shall have to wait 300 years for that, I guess.

My bet is on torsion physics and plasma physics
(see Joseph P. Farrell and Die Glocke - Kurt Debus, Walter Gerlach)

By the way, I find very interesting also the black spot
at the center of the hexagon...
exactly at the North Pole...

edit on 27-12-2016 by HeywoodFloyd because: add info

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Perfect rings. They look perfect.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

a reply to: loNeNLI

Don't be sorry , you are wrong.
Welcome to ATS.

..thats fine love
i think i subscribed around the same time as you
just re subscribed now

forum.iask.ca...

cant post pics yet i think

- But that They fk us is clear.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Fascinating. I'm not sure which is more intriguing, the hexagonal shape, or the near perfect black circle in the center.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
A close up of the spot at the center...

NASA

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeywoodFloyd
I don't buy the NASA explanation of the weird hexagonal shape at the North Pole of Saturn.

NASA isn't the be-all, end-all organisation. And Saturn's hexagon has been explained fairly well using fluid dynamics: www.youtube.com...

The hexagon is the most energetically-favourable configuration possible when something either tries to expand into the resisting area, or is pushed inside by that resisting area.

Nature has already produced the spcimens thereof - bees' honeycombs and Giant's causewa, so who are you to argue agains that?
edit on 27-12-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The hexagon-shaped jet-stream is fully illuminated here. In this image, the planet appears darker in regions where the cloud deck is lower, such the region interior to the hexagon.

The way the lighter and darker rings bleed into each other, (seen easily in the magnified link) makes you think that this is some kind of material blending.

Great picture!
edit on 27-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Maybe I'm fringe but it sure looks like sound, infra or
not, is at work on Saturn. BIG COHERENT SOUND

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

That is a truly wondrous image. Especially with the associated metaphysical ideas around Saturn, typically accorded the status of "7th" of the 7 "planets". Does the Hexagon and the black core reflect the 6 directions of space and the mystery of time? That would seem to be the suggested meaning, if you thought about it in metaphysical language, that is.

It's hard to believe that this isn't an artists rendition - but an actual reproduction of what our satellites are picking up, decoding with computers, and reconstructed back on Earth into this image. Furthermore, its been argued by theory of life researchers like Mae Wan Ho that life operates at the level of infrared light, because infrared light is the wavelength that generates large and coherent exclusion zones in water - the electrical conduction medium that the body actually operates through and generates quantum coherent order upon.

Maybe theres something essentially "meaningful' about the activity of radiation at these wavelengths.

edit on 27-12-2016 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

A close up of the spot at the center...

NASA

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I knew that it's something nature produces like we see here on earth ,like honeycombs.

So what can we expect that a giant wasp will soon pops out of Saturn ?
edit on 0b27America/ChicagoTue, 27 Dec 2016 19:04:27 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 27 Dec 2016 19:04:27 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

That's amazing, the pictures they take now are really great.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join