It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump dismisses the United Nations as a 'club' for people to 'have a good time'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: DJW001

a reply to: testingtesting

The part about global depopulation, or the part about declaring large swaths of public land off-limits to the plebs?

Ah! You get your information about the UN from Infowars. Not the best source.

We now live in a world where Alex Jones reports the news, and the MSM promotes conspiracy theories. Let that sink in.

So now that Jones supports Donnie he now reports news? How pathetic.

It is pretty pathetic that the MSM promotes Russian hacker conspiracies while Jones is the one covering details in the wikileaks dumps.

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Konduit

Russia invaded a sovereign nation.

Last I looked, Crimea held a referendum after the elected Ukrainian government was overthrown in a coup... but those are just minor details.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Trump is right! Hahahaaa, remember this classic moment at the UN in 2003? I remember seeing video on the MSM showing the delegates going for the bottles of Champagne and Whiskey, table cloths, crystal and even pots and pans from the kitchens.

Source: content.time.com...

Hunger pains can apparently turn even the most upstanding diplomat into a looter. At noon on Friday, food workers at the U.N. headquarters walked off their jobs, calling a wildcat strike. The result: none of the U.N.'s five restaurants and bars was staffed. The walkout left thousands of U.N. employees scrounging for lunch — eventually, the masses stripped the cafeterias of everything, including the silverware.

The food workers staged a one-day show of muscle after they learned that they would not be reimbursed for vacation pay due to a contract shift that took place in March. For the past 17 years the U.N. has been under contract to Restaurant Associates Inc. (RA).

In March, RA lost the contract to Aramark Corporation, the largest U.S. food services company. According to Aramark executives who spoke to TIME, RA informed the food workers on Friday morning that it would only cover vacation pay that was issued before May 2nd, the last day of RA's U.N. contract. Any vacation pay due after May 2nd would need to be paid by Aramark.

But Aramark informed the Union it would only pay for time worked for their company and nothing previous with RA. Aramark told the union that whether or not vacation paychecks were to be issued before or after May 2nd the work in question was performed when RA held the U.N. contract.

That was enough to set the food workers walking during the height of Friday's lunch hour. After that, what ensued was nothing short of Baghdad style chaos.

Kofi Annan, who had a private lunch previously scheduled with the members of the Security Council in the Delegates Dining Room, found they were only served the main course. After that, they were on their own — no desserts, no cleanup, no coffee for Kofi. And the service was no better for anyone else at the U.N.

But as tensions grew and stomachs growled, a high-ranking U.N. official boldly ordered that all the cafeterias open their doors for business even without staff. The restaurants had been locked shut by security until about 1:00 pm when the doors flung open.

The decision to make the cafeterias into "no pay zones" spread through the 40-acre complex like wildfire. Soon, the hungry patrons came running. "It was chaos, wild, something out of a war scene," said one Aramark executive who was present. "They took everything, even the silverware," she said.

Another witness from U.N. security said the cafeteria was "stripped bare." And another told TIME that the cafeteria raid was "unbelievable, crowds of people just taking everything in sight; they stripped the place bare." And yet another astonished witness said that "chickens, turkeys, souffles, casseroles all went out the door (unpaid)."

The mob then moved on to the Viennese Caf�, a popular snack bar in the U.N.'s conference room facility. It was also stripped bare. The takers included some well-known diplomats who finished off the raid with free drinks at the lounge for delegates. When asked how much liquor was lifted from the U.N. bar, one U.S. diplomat responded: "I stopped counting the bottles." He then excused himself and headed towards the men's room.

An Aramark executive estimated the food "removed" from the U.N.'s main cafeteria at between $7,000 and $9,000 not including the staff restaurant, the Viennese Caf� or the Delegate's Bar. The value of the missing silverware has yet to be estimated.

Come Monday, the workers should be back at their stations. The dispute has been temporarily resolved with the Union agreeing that the vacation pay remains RA's responsibility. The Union also wasn't willing to risk Aramark's only option of replacing all the workers.

"I hope we have large crowds rushing to come to lunch on Monday," an Aramark executive said. "But this time we expect them to pay for what they take."

edit on 27-12-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I dismissed the UN the moment they elected Saudi Arabia to the Human Rights Council.

You savage MO FO. I literally LOL'ed at this comment. +1000 stars for you.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The UN is carting jihad around the world, the opposite of its intended purpose to prevent global conflict. Time for it to go.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The problem is that libs takes everything to the extreme. Trump just clowns them and it's hilarious.

Trump doesn't get intel briefings everyday. Libs panic and goes mentally retarded. Then it turns out OBama always skips intel briefings all the time. It hilarious the double standards.

Obama created a database for immigrants and everyone. Trump mentions it and libs tear their heads off screaming concentration camps. However, it turns out we already have one. bwhahaha
edit on 27-12-2016 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

That was the day they decided to endorse mob rule.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia was elected by Asian countries to one of the currently 13 seats allocated to Asia at the UN Human Rights Council. They are head of nothing like heard and read, here and there ad nauseam.

I agree it's a very, very poor choice but with all respect due, who could find 13 credible candidates in Asia ?
This only demonstrates Saudi Arabia diplomatic power. I would like them out of it.

Saudi Arabia was elected by the states of Asia. The UN is a meeting place for countries of the world to discuss world affairs and supposedly find solutions. It's malfunctioning because members don't want or can't get it to work. Some may fantasize it a superpotent independant body with some sort of extraordinary supranational powers, it´s just a giant organisation with marginal influence.

Trump is spot on though, such a great potential but pitifully failing. I don´t think he can make any difference. But since hope has returned apparently he says, let's be enthusiastic !

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Trump is right again. Liberals just can't grasp that they and everything they do is a fail. Time for the big dogs to run the show, and the liberals can worry about smoking dope and gay weddings.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GCoot

Look at you already puffing your chest.
So cute when they're small.

Considering the circle-jerk you've just joined in on -
I must ask - are you going for a spring or summer
wedding?

Trump - the man that thinks he's too smart for intelligence
briefings. The man that thinks he's his own best counsel
or foreign relations.

""I know what I’m doing and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are," Trump said. “But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff.""

www.politico.com...

His credibility is shot.
You hounds would be foaming at the mouth had Obama behaved in the way you're all lap dogging
for Trump.

edit on 27-12-2016 by MagicCow because: We'll make sure the baker is ok with sexual identity of your choice..No worries.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

So, what are republicans up to?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I dismissed the UN the moment they elected Saudi Arabia to the Human Rights Council.

It just shows the power of oil. Disgraceful.

Saudi Arabia should be sanctioned and left out in the cold until they stop their barbarism. But since they've got oil, it's probably more likely that they'll get to head a "Women's Empowerment Council".

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow

Look at you already puffing your chest.
So cute when they're small.

Considering the circle-jerk you've just joined in on -
I must ask - are you going for a spring or summer
wedding?

Trump - the man that thinks he's too smart for intelligence
briefings. The man that thinks he's his own best counsel
or foreign relations.

""I know what I’m doing and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are," Trump said. “But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff.""

www.politico.com...

His credibility is shot.
You hounds would be foaming at the mouth had Obama behaved in the way you're all lap dogging
for Trump.

Just because you're a proponent of isis running the Middle East and terrorist attacks on the west at least once a month doesn't mean we all have to accept that failure of leadership and it's consequences. People I know long for something better than that and know some things have to change as a means to that end. And I've never received an intelligence briefing but from what I gather it's nothing more than some suits saying isis is trying to kill Americans, every day. Pretty sure trump is gonna to do something about that but knowing your type it's mean and racist. That's why your kind is now in charge of gay wedding planning.
edit on 27-12-2016 by GCoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Donald Trump has dismissed the United Nations as a “club” for people to “have a good time”.

In the latest of a series of controversial remarks on Twitter, the US President-elect hit out at the global body.

He wrote: “The United Nations has such great potential but right now it is just a club for people to get together, talk and have a good time. So sad!”

* Donald Trump dismisses the United Nations as a 'club' for people to 'have a good time'

I can't recall a POTUS who made statements like this while they were in office. I realize Trump isn't in office yet, but his presidency will sure be good for ATS from a conversational standpoint.

As to whether his comment quoted above about the United Nations is correct, I believe it is. I wish I could be a fly on the wall to listen to his opinions about what the "good time" he's referencing entails.

In my mind, the United Nations belongs in the Illuminati card game. I view it as just another card that can be played in the grand scheme of world domination that we're all living in.

Trump deserves 0 respect from other world leaders, accept of course the one he's in bed with, so to speak.

The fact that TAXPAYERS which he is not even one of, have to pay for the Trump Tower in NY, as well as the White House, to be locked up like fort Knox 24/7 shows he has 0 regard for my tax dollars, or yours!!

Even the people providing security for the Towers are like WTF????

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I'll gladly take the reigns on the preparation for your wedding.
So in your fantasy world you believe "my type" want terrorist
attacks to continue and that we would deem your recommendation
mean or racist. That's a lot of chest puffing considering you're just
aiming in the dark here.
So now without all the grandstanding what would you do?
I'm glad you feel those briefings nothing more than some suits
saying isis is trying to kill Americans, every day.
Your range in thought captivates me.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

aiming in the dark here.

Im for bombing the Middle East, torturing terrorists families, deporting all illegal immigrants, monitoring mosques, and banning Muslims entry to our country. But the kicker is it's not just me, but also the American electorate that believes in that course of action. So, you write another blog and schedule the cake tasting and if you don't mind we'll get to work on "bomb[ing] the @@@@ out of the them!"

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Lol,
"The UN does some amazing work, e.g. WHO, UNESCO, UNHCR (to name but three) and peace keeping operations etc..."
uh, no.

Small sample of why each should be abolished along with the UN. And don't give me the "baby out with the bath water" #.

WHO > www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

UNESCO > www.google.com...

UNHCR > www.google.com...
edit on 27-12-2016 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2016 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm with everyone else on the Saudi Arabia UN human rights thing and the US continued alliance with Saudi Arabia being why not only do I not take the UN seriously, but don't take seriously any claim by my government that their actions in the Middle East have any connection to protecting or promoting human rights in the Middle East at all.
edit on 12/27/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/27/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: GCoot

aiming in the dark here.

Im for bombing the Middle East, torturing terrorists families, deporting all illegal immigrants, monitoring mosques, and banning Muslims entry to our country. But the kicker is it's not just me, but also the American electorate that believes in that course of action. So, you write another blog and schedule the cake tasting and if you don't mind we'll get to work on "bomb[ing] the @@@@ out of the them!"

JCoot would you like to share with everyone here what
your military service career is?
I'm sure they would like to hear what experience you have
in your thirst for war.

I'm sure everyone would also like to have the sources of your claims
regarding soldiers wanting war and also the electorate college calling for it.

They all look forward to your answers.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GCoot

aiming in the dark here.

JCoot would you like to share with everyone here what
your military service career is?
I'm sure they would like to hear what experience you have
in your thirst for war.

I'm sure everyone would also like to have the sources of your claims
regarding soldiers wanting war and also the electorate college calling for it.

They all look forward to your answers.

Here's my source claiming that the military supported Trump over Clinton 3 to 1.

www.militarytimes.com...

Heres my source claiming the electorate supports bombing the @@@@ out of the Middle East.

Trump

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

There you go again - hoping and skipping around questions
with empty graphs that in no way represent the questions
asked.
Alright kiddo - i'm tired of trying to communicate with you.

Welcome to ATS good luck and have fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join