It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia, golden mean, sacred spiral, bodily proportions, an abrupt beginning and end

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I know it's philosophy/metaphysics forum but in such a condition one should keep this kind of thoughts aside.
It may even be thuth but it's not helpful.
Be glad that you at least realize that you are messed up.
You are not infinite. Infinite is infinite. The Soul, Buddha, God... but it's not you. Your body, brain, memories, emotions,
it's all finite and mortal. Your perception of reality is not the reality itself. You think you see an object but you actually interpret the light reflection stored as a virtual image in the brain by electro-chemical process we don't understand.

The proof:
You can see without your eyes in a dream.
You can hear without your ears in a dream.
You can be someone else in a dream.
Therefore someone said that schizophrenia is like daydreaming. It's actually a sleep disorder.
The proof:
Delta waves seen at EEG in a waking state. (can be reset by brainwave entrainment like simple isochronic self-therapy, neurofeedback etc)

It doesn't mean telepathy and human superpowers are not possible or real or natural. A couple of monks and yogis were able to demonstrate delta meditation while on EEG but it doesn't matter - it's not meant for you now. Most of you can't handle anything with humility.
Better focus on the basics: Healthy brain-diet, B vitamins for proper methylation of excessive neurotransmitters and an empty zen-mind without projection of your thoughts and subjective conceptualization of reality.
I like to study useful herbs for these conditions. Calming herbs promoting mind clarity. This kind of knowledge is crucial. Avoiding drugs that work as mao inhibitors. Even the weak ones like Coffee. Alcohol metabolites, glutamate... these things we should discuss or at least to mention among people with a first hand experience before anything else.
edit on 27/12/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar baby

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
When the brain is askew it sometimes allows suttle thought bubbles that normally exists below concious awareness to perculate into our concious mind. It might feel like our senses become supersensitve, but they have always been there, below the surface, hidden from our awareness, by the noise of other thoughts.

Make of it what you will. Or you can just accept for what it is. Thought bubbles.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

feel free

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Eh conceptual bubbles inside of conceptual bubbles the difference between sleep and awake is sort of moot; of course if someone has behavioral issues from feeling compelled or acts on impulse... they can become a danger to themself and others.

Dreaming is said to supposedly sort out all of those impulses and compulsions... and if that doesn't happen then someone is unbalanced of course if someone's life was chaotic and coping or didn't really have any structure then there is a lot to work out as coping mechanisms are likely unhealthy that lead to symptoms of the disease as the brain tries to achieve balance whether awake or alseep. Of course imbalance occurs when normal stimulus triggers a coping mechanism in a part of the brain that normally would not activate in response to the stimulus.

Melatonin the 2mg chewible sort is more tolerable than the other kinds; for those trying to reign sleep disorder in and restore the circadian rhythm of course once established they can be stopped and if the rhythm starts slipping again all it takes is another dose to pop it right back into normal sleep wake cycles.

I agree that B vitamins are imperitive to brain health... proper nutrition is often lacking and in many cases people grew up with some sort of deficency causing latent issues in the stages of cellular growth. Women during pregnancy can crave all sorts of things; that is usually a sign of a vitamin or mineral defiency of some sort; the same thing occurs in adults and children as well and if the ingredients are tracked in those foods one can see which vitamin or mineral they contain that they cant seem to get enough of if it is a reoccuring craving, to avoid an unbalanced diet or unhealthy one... they can take a suppliment to kill that insatiable craving that can lead to ill health in indulgence or over consumption for that vitamin or mineral.

The body needs and requirments to be healthy will be reflected in the mind when it is not healthy and vice versa in the expression of the body as well as speech reflecting the mind.

Conditioned responses physical and emotional can be retrained when they have taken on inappropriate responses to what arises; of course it takes time for the brain to re-map to the new chemical pathways it is unaccustomed too.

In the meantime behavorial health focused on proper coping; is the best route to actual healing and progress out of such abysmal places.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Yes I myself have become very interested in the effects of herbs on the brain. I have recently started to take st. johns wort. I was always of the opinion that it had a placebo type effect on people, however after taking it regularly for about two months now I can feel the effect as advertised. Also I have given the "nootropic" thing a whirl. Also can notice an effect, not quite narcotic but I can feel it effect my emotions and responses to certain situations are enhanced to what I consider to be my baseline, or unaltered state.

What kinds of herbs have you found to promote mind clarity? Please don't say marijuana..lol, as that only promotes confusion and paranoia, once the initial high wears off, I have found. From 19-23 I didn't drink caffeine, rarely drank alcohol, no marijuana and ate only when hungry. I felt great. I need to get back to that as I have developed some bad habits. Overeating and eating purely for pleasure as well as drinking coffee on a somewhat regular basis has put me into a bad spot, with emotional swings that I just used to not experience, hence the st. johns wort. I understand I must get a grip on my consumption before that can really do any good, and probably not even necessary once I get these various addictions out of my life, but I feel it can help in the transition back into a healthier pattern. Every day for the last year I wake up and drink a glass of distilled water with a emergen-c vitamin pack, a little apple cider vinegar, and on occasion some colloidal silver. I have not been sick even once. I work with people who seem to be sick fairly often, I will get the sniffles, maybe sneeze once or twice but that is the extent of it. Whereas everyone else is miserable. Colloidal silver fascinates me. I have been making it myself for a couple years. It works wonders. I have healed several MRSA infections, minor burns, and killed seveal warts. I can't believe people still don't buy that it works, it DOES! I have gotten into many arguments with a woman at my place of work about this. She is a university trained chemist and thinks it is all like homeopathics, i.e. fraudulent. Experience is the best teacher I always say. I am glad I didn't go to university, I like to think for myself. No one can tell me CS doesn't have anti-bacterial effects. Sorry to go off on a tangent, maybe I'll make a post about my colloidal silver experiments.

I do have TMS or transcranial magnetic stimulation device that I use sparingly. I probably shouldn't be messing around with my brainwaves like that, lol, but I have, to various effects. I stopped after doing a 1 hour session at the highest power settings followed by a one hour hemi-sync binaural audio mp3 meditation followed up by another 1 hour session with the TMS device. The next day whenever I closed my eyes Instead of black I would see flashes of green, red, yellow and just over all didn't feel quite all in my body, lol. "Be glad that you at least realize that you are messed up" YES I have always felt that being aware that my perception is not commonly experienced by others has helped to center me, pull me up out of that sea so to speak. A quote from somebody I can't recall who has always helped me "The sage swims in the same sea that the psychotic drowns in" This line always brings me back to the surface. But I do feel that non-ordinary states of consciousness can be beneficial or at least pretty damn interesting upon reflection.

Anyone here read Philip K. Dicks V.A.L.I.S? I hate to sound like a sociopath or schizophrenic but I have had experiences and thoughts that are nearly exactly the same as what he describes in that book. The sense of another presence/intelligence looking out from my eyes, seemingly from another time I have felt. I did have an experience when I was 18, and high on marijuana, where I had a panic attack and had no clue what was happening to me. However I also feel there was somebody else trying to get into my body. Everything in my room seemed foreign and I couldn't relate to what I was seeing. My t.v., video games, etc. all seemed incomprehensible and I started to panic as I was coming and going, all the while remembering what it felt like when this "foreign intelligence" was occupying my body. Dick also talks about "the golden mean" a "door to ground set" synchronicity and music. I remember not enjoying the book when I first read it, even rolling my eyes at several times, then I gave it another go and I found I must have missed about 80% of the book the first go round, lol. It's now one of my favorites.
edit on 27-12-2016 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
In the Beginning the Creator farted in the bathtub.
Thus was formeth the Firmament and all of its creatures and herbs.
The Lord did laugh and it was good.

edit on 27-12-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Well I knew a post like this was coming eventually. Glad intelligent, creative, and helpful people responded before the immature and idiotic posts. Always someone, usually quite a few, will respond to topics that deal with spirituality, paranormal, etc. by talking about bodily functions...always have to bring it right back to your third dimensional bodily identity. God? Perceptions of something more? Ha ha I just took a big ol dump that looks a bit like the virgin mary, quick call the pope! or should I say poop! hahaha...stupid #s. Seriously just leave these ideas alone if you don't want to go there, don't try to drag us all back down to you're childish level.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nitro67

Well I knew a post like this was coming eventually. Glad intelligent, creative, and helpful people responded before the immature and idiotic posts. Always someone, usually quite a few, will respond to topics that deal with spirituality, paranormal, etc. by talking about bodily functions...always have to bring it right back to your third dimensional bodily identity. God? Perceptions of something more? Ha ha I just took a big ol dump that looks a bit like the virgin mary, quick call the pope! or should I say poop! hahaha...stupid #s. Seriously just leave these ideas alone if you don't want to go there, don't try to drag us all back down to you're childish level.
You sound like a hoot, man! We should hang out. It's all a Colossal Joke!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

don't try to drag us all back down to you're childish level.
"None shall enter the Kingdom, lest they be as children."

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

"It's all a colossal joke!" Yeah I've been there. I get that feeling sometimes. Mainly when I used to get high. Or on the occasion that I drink sometimes I feel like this is all just a big joke, the cosmic giggle, etc....but when I am sober I can see how damaging that thought can be. I don't deny it's effectiveness to ease stress for a moment, but ultimately I disagree. If you think life is a joke, ultimately you become one yourself, me thinks. Hang out? I'd be down for that, always appreciate a face to face communication to this anonymous form of communication. As far as the biblical quote about being as children...well I don't know what to make of anything that is written in the bible. I do think there are many things in the book that can, have, and will continue to help people live a happy life, there's also a WHOLE BUNCH OF WEIRD #. Also look at the council's of people who decided to edit the thing...who knows what that passage in it's original language really meant or said. To quote Blue Oyster Cult in their song E.T.I. "books by the blameless and by the dead..."
edit on 27-12-2016 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nitro67

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

This could devolve into a circle jerk, where I say ...well thats like your opinion man....then you say the same....then I say the same...hmmm...touche. I have no where to go from here. Lol...Nah. I love that movie, it's freaking hilarious, but really, we could all respond to everyone with that comment and get nowhere. Kind of lame really, when you think about it. Cool user name skunkape. You into squatching? I had breakfast with Kewaunee Lapseritis sasquatchpeople.com...a few years back at a ufo conference. It was pretty cool. I picked a random motel to stay at, and in the morning I woke up and went into the kitchen. Soon after all the speakers that were to be at the conference that evening strolled in. Lapseritis, Stan Friedman, David Marler, Nick Pope and some others I can't recall.
edit on 28-12-2016 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It wasn't until older that pooping before a shower or a bath was deemed the better idea... dogs may not like sniffing as much however, so dog lovers take note.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Crunky

I gave up tea & coffee as these drinks were making my symptoms worse... at east I hardly drink 'coffee' anymore, just te odd ocassion if it's cold in the morning.

I too don't listen to much music unless it's in a film I'm watching. I've got used to hearing voices from tv/film and it doesn't really bother me now. As soo as I hear a voice say something, I disregard it and continue watching.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I say sorry for the wall of text but herbs and brainwaves are my hobby.

St. John's Wort is one of those herbal mao inhibitors I'd be careful with. It's a yellow midsummer fire-of-the-solar-plexus kind of herb. Clarity and fire it is. It elevates enzymes breaking up some of the drugs like sedatives, anticonvulsants, benzos and antipsychotics. This should tell you everything. It makes you photo-sensitive to the point of sunburns and eye damage. It also cures alcoholism. I like it too but I need to keep the dose very low and watch my diet as the tyramine gives me headaches because of the high blood pressure. I've read someone found it helpful restoring a circadian rhythm and REM sleep though. It makes sense because it makes you really up during the day. It's good to have a rich source of tryptophan like the whey protein as a natural source of day-serotonin and night-melatonin. Aqueous extraction sucks compared to a tincture btw. It's wasting. A few drops is all you need.
It's complicated. It's science.
I've experimented with many herbal sedatives and even female-hormone plants mainly for fun like nipple-sensation-hedonism (lol) and you'd say sedatives is a way to go but some of the strongest sedatives like Valerian promotes lucid dreaming. Is it good for you? Who knows. Some herbalist say Vervain is good but it's even stronger. Herbs are powerful living creatures.

Female plants can balance or unbalance your female brain hemisphere. Lemon Balm is safe, calming and grounding but after some time it can make you sleepy during the day, grounded to the point of being slightly feminized and emotional (kind of centered in the heart chakra). The same with Motherwort. Good, but it can actually make a man nervous in the end.
While focusing on GABA - the 'downer' neurotransmitter that counters the uppers like glutamate...I've found that green Tea is the best. Some of the green teas out there are very high in GABA and L-theanin - it counters the caffeine rush and makes your GABA receptors (damaged by alcohol) sensitive again and the brain producing more of your own GABA.
This makes it No.1 in my eyes.
Cannabis is too strong and dangerous to begin with IMO. If someone says to you CBD is the safest medicine in the world, they are mostly parroting what they saw on the web. SWIM was breeding various CBD cultivars for years for neighbour's friend's nervous purple dogs and research purposes and SWIM said he has found out that it is the most effective medicine for fear, social anxiety and public speaking, but wicked and spiritually counterproductive at the same time. Unbalanced in every case and impossible to find the right strain and to get rid of all the THC.
From brain erasing indica varieties to wild and hemp based sativas and hybrids. The side effects can be hard to spot from inside the head but they are crazy. Stopping stereotypical behaviour yes, but to the point of burning bridges, dissolving relations and selfishness. Very confusing medicine but a must have at the same time.
I never really tried or needed antipsychotics but I think it has to feel like this # and SWIM says he likes it at first and some of the effects are amazing but hates it later everytime. Especially after going cold turkey. It's too complicated.

Don't make me start about the short-term, long-term memory and the action of THC on PTSD and CBD having the opposite effect on memory; and its action as fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) inhibitor, which is the enzyme responsible for the degradation of oleamide (an endogenous sleep-inducing lipid), and anandamide.
It is the key but it's not the right thread, not the right forum. It's frustrating because I usually can't find a single person on the whole ATS able to discuss those things.
I would like people PM me from time to time about their experiences.

BTW I like Bacopa Monieri (Brahmi) effect on memory. And Ashwagandha, Calamus...
edit on 28/12/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: filled out

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

Gave you a star only for this priceless edit

My #ing phone changes my intended words - simple words - to utterly retarded substitutions. It makes me look like a fool. I hate this flimsy #ing phone, and indeed most consumer technology. I acknowledge the fact that computer technology makes many things "easier", and we as humans are capable of expressing beautiful things with its aid. Nonetheless, if I were God (don't worry, I don't think I am) I would crush it all. Or maybe just some. Perhaps I would find a man I thought to be upright, and instruct him to collect two of each type of consumer technology (PC & Mac interfacing), then send a flood to destroy everything else.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Thanks for the detailed response. A bit over my head with the brain chemistry, but I am interested and I'll have to message you soon for some more info and share some stories. I would agree about the marijuana experiences you related. Definitely can make one dissolve relationships and become very selfish. Also agree that it is usually not while I am stoned that I encounter any problems(except for the massive panic attack/depersonalization episode when 18) it's when it wears off...moody, stupid, and sluggish, quite awful. I've gone back and forth over the years, quiting for a year, smoking semi-regularly for a year, then quiting for two years, etc..I know I am personally much more centered and happy when I don't touch the stuff.

Centered in the heart chakra....I know what that is like, it can be overwhelming and even embarrassing being a man and feeling so much...culturally we just aren't supposed to. Like listening to a celine deion song in a grocery store and feel like crying, lol...but it happens to me. Seriously I feel my heart pound in a very strange way...this used to frighten my mind into thinking I was having a heart attack, I feel like E.T. when his heart starts to light up when he is under the enclosure, lol...It's hard being sensitive, just can't shut it off. What do you suggest for a man wanting to feel a bit more masculine? and I have already tried horny goat weed....# makes me itchy as # and that's about all, lol. I still feel that following the golden rule is important, the taoist way of not eating or drinking too much, everything in moderation. I find the effects of herbs on our minds and bodies fascinating though, so I experiment a bit. Like I said I take st. Johns wort and a nootropic every day and have had positive results. I work 12 hour graveyard shifts and on occasion have difficulty falling to sleep and just recently began to take melatonin in the morning, it works great for me. Oh yeah this is a thread about Sacred geometry as it relates to body proportions, sexual attraction, reincarnation, time travel, aum vibration, etc...right? lol. Well as long as we avoid the poop joke comments I don't mind. Herbs relating to human consciousness is tangentially connected to my hodgepodge of poorly thought out jabberwock of a post. Oh wait, I found this last night, just say aum, man very informative for me...but I still think what I'm talking about is something else, something perhaps sinister....every cosmic force has it's imitators.....

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I do not take any pills of any sort; occassionally alcohol but very rarely for the effect, usually a nice scotch or red wine; tobacco a personal indulgence of enjoyment, caffeine only in the form of coffee; too much of it leads to a headache on withdrawal. Not a fan of soft drink they taste like chemicals. Cannabis is't legal in this state and black market means iffy quality and trouble(mmm mmm nothing like Raid sprayed on it and the same in the form of no knock warrants) thanks useless drug war.

But I get good rest, drink plenty of fluids(lemonaide mostly) and eat lightly, either one large meal a day or a couple of small ones, calories always under suggested because I dont move around that much to burn the excess off; I've maintained a steady weight for 2.5 years now at between 140-145 from 235ish previously. No issues sleeping or falling asleep although sometimes I can be actively busy on something for 2-3 days straight without rest; that's rare though maybe once every 2 or 3 months but used to be more common about 2 to 3 times a month.

I think everyone has their own special personal balance or middle; when pulled away from that to expectations, life or other reasonings the adjustment can cause the system to become out of balance and trigger events that make coping with those difficulties a difficulty for others expectations... fish out of water syndrome :p

edit on 28-12-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Let me think about your stuff instead of mine now. It seems important for you. Of course.

The bullroarer -
I see no meaningful connection with the Big Bang theory. The only interresting connection I can see is that it produces two sets of tones working as kind of a brainwave entrainment. One tonal wave is a slow delta - from its up and down movement. The second one is very fast gamma created by instrument's axial rotation. Gamma and delta are very special. They are normally found in the brain. However they are everything but normal consciousness at the same time. Abnormalities of both have some connection to schizophrenia in some studies and also to paranormal. Look how vast is the field. It's not a rocket science though:
brainwaves independent research

and one of the studies
gamma and NMDA

Combine the non-dual irrational subconscious creative power and supernatural superhuman gamma. Maybe it's not just daydreaming. It's the kundalini going wrong. In some cases. Maybe.

One of the manly herbs is Tribulus Terrestris but it's MAOI-B too. Wrong combinations can be harmful. When I combined unwisely high doses with Siberian Ginseng I learned why it's called Thorny Devil. I was a dick. A testosterone bodybuilding idiot without a brake. MAOI can fry your wiring when you guzzle them.
If you google "St. John's wort psychosis" you'll find an article about a woman who claimed she telepathically communicated with her cat. They called it toxic psychosis but maybe she did. Why not? The line is thin. Be careful.

edit on 28/12/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Synchronicities that are impossible to explain logically and moments of absolute telepathy

I am currently under the impression that schizophrenics are breaking through the veil into spiritual perception. With these gates open there is the potential for malevolent forces to pester the individual:

"Prepare yourselves with great strength, so the robbers can't find a way to get to you, for the trouble you expect will come."

With these gates open, schizophrenics are also more prone to come to a full perception of heavenly (benevolent) forces... Uttering the name of Jesus Christ causes all malevolent forces to quiver.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join